PDA

View Full Version : PGA Golf...or Beach Volleyball?

wolfdancer
08-21-2006, 01:41 PM
Had to figure out which one to watch, which one to tape for later on viewing.
Here's Tiger wearing his good luck red shirt, and celebrating, by holding up the Wannamaker Trophy.
http://www.teamtalk.com/Images/72498.jpg

Here's Kerri Walsh in her good luck outfit
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4020/kerriwalshassfp6.jpg

And here she is celebrating victory with teammate Misty May
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7828/mistymaykerriwalshhumple5.jpg

The choice became simple...that evening I turned down the lights, got me a glass of wine, turned the DVD recorder on, and said:
"Play Misty for Me"

Deeman3
08-21-2006, 01:46 PM
God knows, I struggled with this same decision when DeeWoman said, "What's the score?" I just switched channels! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif...and I missed the one-on-one girlscene.....

DeeMan

wolfdancer
08-21-2006, 01:50 PM
You would have though when they had an improtant event like this, they could have rescheduled the PGA for a later date.

dg-in-centralpa
08-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Kerry and Misty? How hot is that!?!

DG

DickLeonard
08-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Wolfdancer I thought the fellow who stopped Tiger's errant shot won the tournament for him. It would have added maybe two shots to his score and we all know he can't win coming from behind. He has never won a Major coming from behind. I am thinking about writing a book on "The Miracles of Tiger". How many tournaments has he won because of balls hit into the woods miraculiously come out in the fairway. Fans moving giant boulders so Tiger can swing his golf club. That is my all time favorite.

I never have watched Beach Volleyball, I guess I have been missing something.####

wolfdancer
08-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Dick, the rock incident was without precedent.....and I never saw a ball intentionally deflected....until thursday. Fortunately for Tiger, neither he, his playing partners, nor any officials saw it. The ball would have then had to be placed at an approx spot.
Tiger would have found a way to make that extra stroke, or two up. Don't forget he began the Masters a few years ago, with a 40 on the front nine.
When he first turned pro....one of the "experts" said he wouldn't do all that well, because he was just an avg putter.
Same guy probably, that predicted Bush would be a great President.

Chopstick
08-22-2006, 11:16 AM
One time I saw Greg Norman hit his ball through the green and it ran up a woman's dress. She jumped up and shook it out and it landed back on the green. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
08-22-2006, 11:28 AM
You gotta feel sorry for Greg, even with his yacht, private airplane, and helicopter.....the only guy to lose all four majors in a playoff....and victimized by some great shots.
He sure gave a Master's away though, to Nick Faldo

DickLeonard
08-23-2006, 12:03 PM
Wolfdancer Wie had a reporter out her, the next day and they went back to near the spot. The nation saw that catch, all a reporter had to do out Tiger and they would have had to make a ruling against Tiger. That shot appeared to be going at least 30 yards beyond where it was stopped.

Tiger doesn't need help to win Tournaments but I would hate to have lost a tourney because someone gave him a miracle.####