PDA

View Full Version : Integrity Test

nAz
08-22-2006, 09:42 AM
I don't think this wasposted before... but try it out and be very honest with yourself...

This test only has one question, but it's a very important one. Please don't answer it without giving it some serious thought. By giving an honest answer you will be able to test where you stand morally.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation, where you will have to make a decision one way or the other. Remember that your answer needs to be honest, yet spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly and consider each line - this is important for the test to work accurately.

You're in Florida... In Miami, to be exact... There is great chaos going on around you, caused by a hurricane and severe floods... There are huge masses of water all over you... You are a CNN photographer and you are in the middle of this great disaster. The situation is nearly hopeless.

You're trying to shoot very impressive photos. There are houses and people floating around you, disappearing into the water. Nature is showing all its destroying power and is ripping everything away with it.

Suddenly you see a man in the water, he is fighting for his life, trying not to be taken away by the masses of water and mud. You move closer. Somehow the man looks familiar.

Suddenly you know who it is - it's George W. Bush!

At the same time you notice that the raging waters are about to take him away... forever. You have two options. You can save him or you can take the best photo of your life. So you can save the life of George W. Bush, or you can shoot a Pulitzer prize winning photo. A unique photo displaying the death of one of the world's most powerful men.

And here's the question (please give an honest answer)

Would you select color film, or go with the simplicity of classic black and white?

http://www.office-humour.co.uk/content/images/2006/01/3707.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/N/L/bush_binladen.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gayle in MD
08-22-2006, 10:31 AM
LOL...Color!

How bout his press conference! Most Americans believe we can't leave Iraq. Most Americans believe going in was a mistake. Most believe our country is heading in the wrong direction. We all know who sent our troops into Iraq. We all know bin Laden is free. We all know terrorist attacks have increased. More people hate us now than ever before. Terrorist organizations have organized around the world, independent of bin Laden, due to the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the sight of many Arab muslims being killed, everyday. Bush has run up the worst debt in the history of this country. Iran and North Korea and China are basically giving the US the finger. The deficit is raging. Gas is out of sight. The borders are wide open, and we're being invaded by illegal aliens. The rich are now much richer. The Middle Class is dying on the vine, wages dropping due to unchecked invasions of cheap labor, outsourcing of our jobs, tax policies that greatly favor the rich. Iraqis were cheering in the streets for Hezbollah. WE have no unified terrorist watch list at the airports, and subways and train stations. Our Nuclear and Chemical plants are not sufficiently protected from terrorist attacks. The Republican majority has refused to invest in technology for more sophisticated bomb detection in the transportation sector.

Does anybody still think George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Dumsfeld and Condosleeza Rice have good judgement?

If we don't get Republicans out of office, and out of majority, there will continue to be absolutely no accountability for the mess this President has put our country in, and little chance of changing his failed foriegn policy in time!

George Bush is the worst President in history, bar none! Everytime I hear him say..."These are difficult times" I wonder if it ever occurs to him that he is responsible for them!

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
08-22-2006, 10:56 AM
I would look around for something important to photo,maybe a rat on a piece of wood praying,with the sky line as a back ground...almost a portrait in black and white,like something Philippe Halsman,would shoot.

wolfdancer
08-22-2006, 11:37 AM
You sound .......biased
getting back to the question though....what F-stop setting would you use?

Gayle in MD
08-22-2006, 11:56 AM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif With my digital, I don't have to make any decisions, /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif just snap!

However, I'd probably have to take my rings off, so they couldn't prove that it was my other hand on his head! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Qtec
08-22-2006, 11:35 PM
I would have saved him! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

eg8r
08-23-2006, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With my digital, I don't have to make any decisions, just snap! <hr /></blockquote> Which is exactly why you are a lib. Just like your digital camera, you don't think Americans should have to make meaningful decisions either. You would rather elect a government that will provide everything so that Americans would not have to think or work to provide for their families.

eg8r

Sid_Vicious
08-23-2006, 06:09 AM
I'd get a good B&amp;W wide angle so-as to also get that alligator in the picture. All creatures need to eat /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif sid

wolfdancer
08-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Uh, right, Ed.....digital cameras = liberals.
I have two, by the way (I'm very liberal)
Don't take this personal....but your warped views about politics and people, your thinly disguised hatred for anybody you consider below your "status"....is both beyond debate and beneath contempt.
While googling "beneath contempt", I found this wonderful website......reading it, I thought....this is Ed!!!
This is the stuff he would write if he had his own little wingnut website:
"Throughout American history, until now, there have been limits. There have been depths beneath which Americans would not sink for the sake of partisan advantage. Even during the Civil War, when the Democrats were fighting to preserve slavery, limits were observed. Now, all civility is gone. There is no depth to which some Democrats will not sink. Hold your nose. Things are only going to get worse. With MoveOn and the Daily Dose dominating Democratic politics, all constraints are gone."
Sadly no mention of how the Clinton/Lewinski affair endangered the Republic....but I'm sure, since like you, they defend this incompetent President, by alluding to past
"transgressions" of the Democrats .....they'll get to it.

web page (http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/011104.php)

eg8r
08-23-2006, 08:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, right, Ed.....digital cameras = liberals. <hr /></blockquote> You might need to step off the meds and actually read. This really had little to do with the digital camera, but who says a short course in reading comprehension wouldn't help ya. It has to do with the attitude. While it was meant as a joke, the real issue is still there. Gayle does not want to have to know anything about a camera (like nearly the rest of the world's population), just to take a pic and have it work, just like the libs want to provide a government in which the citizen does not have to know anything just breath and reproduce (oh yeah and vote). Don't worry, your government will take care of all your needs.

eg8r

wolfdancer
08-23-2006, 09:20 AM
Ed, you should sign up for the same course....my whole post was attitude.....while I got the analogy of yours, between the digital camera and liberals.....you took my reply literally
I find it amusing that you claim Gayle is part of the vast liberal conspiracy, that wants to share in your wealth....She and her husband have been successful in business, have a fine home/ boat/ etc....I'm sure she wants to give up a big share of their years of hard work.

Gayle in MD
08-23-2006, 09:47 AM
LMAO...I sure as hell didn't spend my twenties and thirties, planning or hoping my daughter could get a scholarship hand out from somehwere so she could go to college! Ed's depending on that, you know!

Ed, obviously, is too single minded to be able to decipher the difference between a President, or a political party, or even just an average person, caring about the poor and hungry in our country, and a President who pushes policies that make his rich and powerful friends, richer.... hence, Republicans tied the minimum wage increase, to favors (Estate Tax) for the top one percent in this country!

When they outsource his job, maybe he'll wake up! I'm sure he wouldn't think of collecting unemployment! Or Social Security, Medicaid or Medicare! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif