PDA

View Full Version : McCain

Gayle in MD
08-22-2006, 01:04 PM
McCain's Words... "I think one of the biggest mistakes we made was underestimating the size of the task and the sacrifices that would be required," McCain said. "Stuff happens, mission accomplished, last throes, a few dead-enders. I'm just more familiar with those statements than anyone else because it grieves me so much that we had not told the American people how tough and difficult this task would be."

IOW, He was part of the deciet, he said we!
Those phrases are quotes from Bush, Cheney and top members of the Bush administration, including the president, and McCain made these statements at a rally for DeWitt,
yesterday.

Why didn't McCain tell us back then that Bush and cheney weren't being honest about what we would face if we occupied Iraq? Now, he's saying that if we gave a date to leave, the terrorists will bide their time, and wait till we're gone, take Iraq over, and that that would threaten our National Security here at home?

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Unless, we intend to stay there indefinately, to keep terrorists out of Iraq. What does that do to keep them out of here. Answer, absolutely nothing!

The only thing that would have made us safer here would have been to focus on making our country safer by making our top priority to get bin Laden, focus on terrorist cells around the world, and infiltrating them, especially here, where there are over two thousand terrorists, according to estimates, securing our borders, our travel industry, and Chemical and Nuclear Plants, up-dating, increase and create, more sophisticated technological advancements to secure our National Security safety measures, which have been underfunded due to our massive financial spending in Iraq.

This is the administration of distraction. Distraction form more important pressing priorities!

If a President's first and foremost responsibility isn't to secure the Homeland from attack and/or invasion, (illegal aliens and terrorists coming over our borders) then what is it? No matter what happens to the people in Iraq, it will not make America safe from terrorist attacks here.

Republicans are the ones who are soft on terror. They have done very few of the things that a panel of bi-partisan National Security officials said we must do in order to protect ourselves from another attack. Bush, has used 9/11 as a means to instill fear in the American people for his own re-election, grab power for himself, and launch a war that has made his corporate cronies wealthier.

"I'm George Bush. If you will vote for me for President of the United States, I promise to grow the Government, provide tax cuts to greatly favor the unfortunate rich folks in our country, bog our country down in Nation Building in other parts of the world, launch unrealistic, militarily unwinnable wars in the most volital and uncivilized part of the world, and incite the spread of terrorism across the globe.

This will provide the United States with the greatest deficit in the history of our country, and embolden our enemies, as we enflame all those who already hate us. If you will vote for me, I will launch secret deals with the Oil Cartel, and hence the prices of oil will skyrocket. Government Pork Barrel spending will grow beyond anything you've ever imagined before, and Washington D.C. will be occupied by the greatest number of lobbyists in our history. If you want to give our youth the great opportunity to die on the battleground, for no good reason, in a war that we can't win, please vote for me."

Paid for by the Republican Party, and their wealthy corporate fascist contributors to the demise of the United States as we have come to know and love it.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
08-22-2006, 02:04 PM
I wish the Republicans would purge these people from their party, find some honest, competent leaders to compete for office....and then we can go back to just our old differences between the the parties....we trying to get their money, and them trying to keep it from us...

Drop1
08-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Did ya ever stop to think,this is as honest as it gets? Did you read about the attempt to blow up a train in Germany,by a young Pakastani who had connections with the Hamburg terrorists. I have a feeling fat man, I have a feeling this so called war is a lot different than we imagine. The Germans are up set,because they so strongly opposed the attack on Iraq,and yet they too are targets of the terrorists. So its our world against theirs. [I liked my Bogart bit]