PDA

View Full Version : Shamus and Murphy

Gayle in MD
08-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Shamus and Murphy fancied a pint or two but didn't have a lot of money.
Between them they could only raise the staggering sum of one Euro.

Murphy said "Hang on, I have an idea."

He went next door to the butcher's shop and came out with one large
sausage. Shamus said "Are you crazy? Now we don't have any money left
at
all!"

Murphy replied, "Don't worry - just follow me."

He went into the pub where he immediately ordered two pints of Guinness
and
two glasses of Jamieson Whiskey.

Shamus said "Now you've lost it. Do you know how much trouble we will be
in? We haven't got any money!!"

Murphy replied, with a smile. "Don't worry, I have a plan, Cheers!"

They downed their Drinks. Murphy said, "OK, I'll stick the sausage
through
my zipper and you go on your knees and put it in your mouth."

The barman noticed them, went berserk, and threw them out.

They continued this, pub after pub, getting more and more drunk, all for
free.

At the tenth pub Shamus said "Murphy - I don't think I can do any more
of
this. I'm drunk and me knees are killin' me!"

Murphy said, "How do you think I feel? I lost the sausage back at the
third
pub

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Drop1
08-24-2006, 12:44 PM
That is funny. Murphy must be Irish Republican,and Shamus a Born again fundamentalist. Ha Ha Ha may the good lord bless you girl.

Fran Crimi
08-24-2006, 04:11 PM
For a minute there I eagerly opened the post, thinking oh good! A post about Mike Shamus and Cisero Murphy. Cool!

Oh well....

Fran

dg-in-centralpa
08-24-2006, 06:24 PM
A young Navy Officer was in a bad car accident, but due to the heroics of the hospital staff the only permanent injury was the loss of one ear.

Since he wasn't physically impaired he remained in the military and eventually became an Admiral. During his career he was always sensitive about his appearance.

One day the Admiral was interviewing three Master Chiefs for the Command Master Chief position.

The first Master Chief was a Surface Navy type and it was a great interview. At the end of the interview the Admiral asked him, "Do you notice anything different about me?"

The Master Chief answered, "Why yes. I couldn't help but notice you are missing your starboard ear, so I need to know whether this impacts your hearing on that side."

The Admiral got very angry at this lack of tact and
threw him out of his office.

The next candidate, a Submarine Service Master Chief, when asked this same question, answered, "Well yes, you seem to be short one ear." The Admiral threw him out also.

The third interview was with an Aviation Master Chief. He was articulate, extremely sharp, and seemed to know more than the other two Master Chiefs put together.

The Admiral wanted this guy, but went ahead with the same
question, "Do you notice anything different about me?"

To his surprise the Aviation Master Chief said, "Yes. You wear contact lenses."

The Admiral was impressed and thought to himself, what an incredibly tactful Master Chief. "And how do you know that?" the Admiral asked.

The Aviation Master Chief replied, "Well it's pretty hard to wear glasses with only one fuching ear."

DG

Drop1
08-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Why don't you post something about Mike Shamus,and Cisero Murphy,or get into the spirt of the thread,and post a joke. There is nothing like humor,even at the gallows.

Rich R.
08-24-2006, 07:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Why don't you post something about Mike Shamus,and Cisero Murphy,or get into the spirt of the thread,and post a joke. There is nothing like humor,even at the gallows. <hr /></blockquote>
I thought Fran's post was humor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fran Crimi
08-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Okay, here's a story about Cisero Murphy and Gene Nagy, told to me by Gene Nagy.

Both players were in their prime at about the same time and both had a contingent of people in their corners---backers, sidebetters, friends, etc.

Unbeknownst to Nagy and Murphy, a match between them had been organized by their respective groupies. It was to take place at JC's Billiards in Queens, NY.

Both players were brought into the pool room and told in no uncertain terms that they were to play each other. The money was large and the betting of course, was between the groupies.

Before the match started, it became an all-out shouting match between both sides. Nagy and Cisero looked at each other and said, "Let's get out of here." They left together, and went out to dinner leaving behind the others in an all-out brawl. Never did play that match.

When I think of one about Shamus, I'll let you know.

Fran

Drop1
08-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Thats a good story. I love the idea of the two of them having dinner while,back at the JC's Billiards people are standing around wondering what happened. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Great story. How about posting more stories sometimes?

Duane