PDA

View Full Version : Hiliary Clinton

Drop1
08-25-2006, 12:08 PM
I know she is bright,but sometimes I have the feeling she is a applause junky. I have no reason to think such a thing,but its in the back of my mind,evey time I listen to her talk before a group.

eg8r
08-25-2006, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know she is bright,but sometimes I have the feeling she is a applause junky. I have no reason to think such a thing,but its in the back of my mind,evey time I listen to her talk before a group. <hr /></blockquote> All politicians are.

eg8r &lt;~~hillary has my vote

Gayle in MD
08-28-2006, 10:03 AM
I respect her work ethic, and intellect, but she isn't a John Murtha, or Richard Clarke, type, who will stand up for the truth, in the best interest of our country, regardless of personal consequences.

Gayle in Md.

Deeman3
08-28-2006, 10:44 AM
She will do whatever the polls say is the most popular thing to do. She has my vote.

DeeMan

pooltchr
08-28-2006, 11:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> I respect her work ethic, and intellect, but she isn't a John Murtha, or Richard Clarke, type, who will stand up for the truth, in the best interest of our country, regardless of personal consequences.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle,
Am I correct, based on this post, that you believe Ms Clinton would put her own political ambitions ahead of what is best for the country???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Steve

ceebee
08-28-2006, 11:48 AM
Please Gayle, let me answer that for you.

Is a PIG....pork..???

Gayle in MD
08-28-2006, 12:24 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif lol...thanks!

wolfdancer
08-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Wouldn't that make her.....a Republican??????

pooltchr
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
Gayle,
You have stated in the past that there is no way you would vote for a republican in the next election. Assuming for a minute that the witch were to get the dem nomination, would you still vote for her, knowing she might not have the best interests of the country at heart?
Steve

Gayle in MD
08-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Steve,
I wouldn't call her a witch, first of all. I would reserve that term for people like Anne Coulter, and Katherine Harris, lol.

I can only tell you this, as regards the next presidential election, there is no way in hell that I would vote Republican! I've never seen a time when one party has done so much damage to our country, and been this corrupt. There have also been times, when I could have said I wouldn't vote Democratic, for other reasons.

I think we're at a time when Republicans have way too much power in Washington, refuse to exercise oversight, and are removed from the important issues, in the interest of Big Money. Also, I am against the Republican ideology, in general, and particularly, in the way Republicans have used religion, to distract the public from the urgent more important issues that our country faces.

I'd much prefer to see Joe Biden win the nomination, than Senator Clinton, at least at the present, but I would not vote Republican, under any circumstances, because I think that another Republican President in office at this time, would harm this country more than the election of any other, Independent, or Democratic Candidate could.

Of course, one could take my statements and use some far out hypathetical scenario to shoot them down, but I think you know what I mean.

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
08-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Gayle,
I used the word "witch" because it rhymes with the word I usually reserve for her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is what I don't understand. One of your biggest problems you have with the administration seems to be your concern that they have used the office for their own personal gain at the expense of the country. Given your above statement regarding HC, you seem to think (correctly, IMO) she could well do the same thing. Obviously we don't know who the candidates will be yet, so it's all speculation at this point. But doesn't it make more sense to decide between the two individuals as opposed to deciding based on which party they belong to?

I think many of us have found ourselves choosing between "the lesser of two evils" in the past, and I sincerely hope that is not the case in 2008. But IMO, the Republicans would have to dig pretty deep to come up with someone worse than Ms Clinton.

Let's hope it doesn't come down to that.
Steve