PDA

View Full Version : IPT ? Am I the only one to notice?

Jim Walker
08-27-2006, 01:21 PM
The IPT has been advertising all year that a tour card next year will be worth $100,000. Looking at the 11 tournaments scheduled for 2007 there are 9 tournaments in which all players can participate. The last 2 are the next year qualifier and the King of the hill tournament. If you are low man in all 9 tournaments you will win only $23,000. So where does the other $77,000 come from?
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Harold Acosta
08-27-2006, 01:58 PM
Jim, the IPT is barely discussed in this forum. The AZ Billiard's board discusses these issues at length.

Jim Walker
08-27-2006, 02:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Jim, the IPT is barely discussed in this forum. The AZ Billiard's board discusses these issues at length. <hr /></blockquote>

Really? Why is that? Are you telling me not to discuss the IPT here? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

pooltchr
08-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't think Harold meant it that way. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of IPT discussion here. But to answer your question, KT told the players they would make that much playing in the events, making public apperances, and through endorsements. If all their pool income didn't reach $100K, he would make up the difference.
Steve

Jim Walker
08-27-2006, 05:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I don't think Harold meant it that way. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of IPT discussion here. But to answer your question, KT told the players they would make that much playing in the events, making public apperances, and through endorsements. If all their pool income didn't reach $100K, he would make up the difference.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

Oh. Thanks for the info. I think KT will have a lot of making up to do at the end of next year.
Jim /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

SPetty
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> There just doesn't seem to be a lot of IPT discussion here. <hr /></blockquote>Actually, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of any discussion here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-28-2006, 04:13 AM
Other than GW's faults. I barely look at the forums anymore because of this. Not that I'm a GW supporter but it's the same old thing.

DG - tired of Q and Gayle's constant tirades

Rich R.
08-28-2006, 04:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Other than GW's faults. I barely look at the forums anymore because of this. Not that I'm a GW supporter but it's the same old thing.

DG - tired of Q and Gayle's constant tirades <hr /></blockquote>
All you have to do is avoid the non-pool side of the forum.
Personally, I only scan that side and rarely comment. I wish they would take their BS to a political forum.

As far as the IPT, I have no idea why it isn't discussed more here. It was discussed when it was initially forming, but those discussions seem to have faded. Although it is discussed more on AZB, few of those discussions are worth reading and a lot of them end up in senseless bashing, rather than constructive discussion. JMHO.

pooltchr
08-28-2006, 04:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> There just doesn't seem to be a lot of IPT discussion here. <hr /></blockquote>Actually, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of any discussion here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

It has dropped off quite a bit. I find myself spending more time over on AZ. Just an interesting note...there have been 15,974 IPT related posts in that part of the AZ forum.
Steve

DickLeonard
08-28-2006, 05:19 AM
DG I have to agree GWB has soured the Board. I think it could be time to shut down the Non Pool Board and get back to Basics.
The only thing I would like from the CCB is the time they are shutting down. I am tired of writing long replies only to have the board shut down.####

Fran Crimi
08-28-2006, 08:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I don't think Harold meant it that way. There just doesn't seem to be a lot of IPT discussion here. But to answer your question, KT told the players they would make that much playing in the events, making public apperances, and through endorsements. If all their pool income didn't reach $100K, he would make up the difference.

Steve, did you hear KT actually say that himself or are you repeating something someone else said?

Fran

Fran Crimi
08-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Jim, do you have a link to that advertisement where it guarantees that players will earn $100k? I checked the IPT website and I couldn't find anything like that.

Fran

pooltchr
08-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Fran,
I did not hear it directly from KT. That was the way it was explained to me by someone who was present at KOTH.
Steve

hondo
08-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I made a couple of comments about KT on here and
was not so subtly threatened with a law suit by
one of his worshipers. That was it for me.
Bye, bye, CCB.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jim Walker:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Jim, the IPT is barely discussed in this forum. The AZ Billiard's board discusses these issues at length. <hr /></blockquote>

Really? Why is that? Are you telling me not to discuss the IPT here? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Gayle in MD
08-28-2006, 09:19 AM
Gee, DG, no one is forcing you to read my posts, or Q's.

Apparently you haven't noticed that we are not the only posters on the CCB who post about current affairs. Surely more dumb jokes would be much more valuable and appropriate while our troops are dying on the battlefield on the other side of the world.

Gayle in Md.
Thought Non Pool Related, meant, anything other than pool related information.

Rich R.
08-28-2006, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I made a couple of comments about KT on here and
Bye, bye, CCB.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm no lawyer, but I don't think you can be sued for expressing an opinion.

Fran Crimi
08-28-2006, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Fran,
I did not hear it directly from KT. That was the way it was explained to me by someone who was present at KOTH.

Okay, thanks Steve. I don't know anything about the goings on with the IPT but it just seemed strange to me that KT or anyone for that matter, would guarantee something like that.

Someone should probably ask Deno for a confirmation on that and get it official before rumors get started.

Fran

hondo
08-28-2006, 09:44 AM
You're probably right but I didn't need the hassle.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I made a couple of comments about KT on here and
Bye, bye, CCB.<hr /></blockquote>
I'm no lawyer, but I don't think you can be sued for expressing an opinion. <hr /></blockquote>

RailbirdJAM
08-28-2006, 10:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Fran,

Okay, thanks Steve. I don't know anything about the goings on with the IPT but it just seemed strange to me that KT or anyone for that matter, would guarantee something like that.

Someone should probably ask Deno for a confirmation on that and get it official before rumors get started.

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Hi, Ms. Crimi! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was actually present at the players meeting at the King of the Hill Shootout in Orlando last December when Trudeau stated that each 2007 IPT Tour card-holder would be guaranteed to make at least $100,000.

Here is what was said on the CD "Kevin Trudeau Speaks" which was given out for FREE to all attendees in Orlando:

<font color="blue">"Some will say, 'Well, what is the tour card really worth?' You know, when I was putting this thing together, I thought, you know, how can you quantify that, what is the tour card really worth...and I thought, 'Hmm, how do we figure this out?' Okay. Well, here it is, real simple. I'll just make it real easy. I'll just say this. I'll say if you're on the IPT tour, I'll just guarantee that at the end of the year that you earn $100,000 minimum. I'll just guarantee that."</font color>

[Applause.]

<font color="blue">"Now -- 'Ooh, like what did he just say? Ooh, ooh.'"</font color>

[Laughter.]

<font color="blue">"Well, let me say -- let me be a little clearer. What is being a member of the IPT tour? Well, good news and bad news is this doesn't apply for '06 because we don't have enough tournaments, but the good news is 100 of you are going to keep your tour card for '07. Right? Unfortunately, 50 of you are going to lose your tour card. You may re-qualify, but 50 are going to lose your tour card. 100 of you are going to keep your tour card. So, for those 100 of you that keep your tour card for '07, that means in '07 you are guaranteed from the IPT a minimum of $100,000."</font color>

[Applause.]

<font color="blue">"Let me tell you how you're going to get paid. The first way you get paid is obviously with the winnings. So, at the end of the tournament, you get your winnings. That's the first way everybody gets paid, but up until now, that's the only way a player has got paid. Correct? You only got paid from your winnings, and if you never are in the pay line, you don't make any money.

"Well, if you are on the IPT tour and you never get one single dollar in winnings, which is impossible because if you come in last on some of the tournaments you still make some money -- right? -- and if you qualify for the IPT tour, it is pretty unlikely you are going to come in last every single time, but winnings is the only way up until now people got paid...."</font color>

It's kind of funny that I'm over here on CCB trying searching for a topic that came up in a post over at AzBilliards, but when I read the subject line of the thread, I thought I'd post up a reply! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

RailbirdJAM

dg-in-centralpa
08-28-2006, 11:16 AM
Rich,
I'm doing the same as you, just scanning the non pool side. I throw jokes in there to break up the monotony. Oh well....

DG

Fran Crimi
08-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Hey JAM! How's things???

Thanks for the info. I'm actually shocked that he would say something like that! Well, you all have it in transcript so it looks like a done deal.

2007 Ought to get very interesting. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Say hi to Keith....

Regards,
Fran

dg-in-centralpa
08-28-2006, 01:55 PM
Gayle,
I don't read your posts. If I see you or Q as the poster, I automatically skip over it. We all know you hate GW, you don't have to keep reminding us. If you want a political forum, ask the monitor to create one. Yes a dumb joke is sometimes meaningful as it helps me relieve stress from work. Can I do anything for the troops over seas? NO, other than say a prayer for them. We have GW for a year and a half. You have two choices, either live with it or leave the country. It's time to put this political bullshit to rest. It's bringing down the board. Yes it's for anything other than pool, but I'm tired of it as I'm sure others are as well.

Duane

DebraLiStarr
08-28-2006, 02:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Gayle,
I don't read your posts. If I see you or Q as the poster, I automatically skip over it. We all know you hate GW, you don't have to keep reminding us. If you want a political forum, ask the monitor to create one. Yes a dumb joke is sometimes meaningful as it helps me relieve stress from work. Can I do anything for the troops over seas? NO, other than say a prayer for them. We have GW for a year and a half. You have two choices, either live with it or leave the country. It's time to put this political bullshit to rest. It's bringing down the board. Yes it's for anything other than pool, but I'm tired of it as I'm sure others are as well.

Duane <hr /></blockquote>

Dammit, Duane.... and all this time I thought it was my fault that this board was dying...hmmmmmm. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cushioncrawler
08-28-2006, 03:22 PM
I guess that its only natural that a forum will suffer from diminishing returns, koz lots of stuff iz allready well covered in the archive.

The Non-Pool stuff iz very readable -- i agree (partly) with everyone, from Gayle at one xtreme throo to Fran at the other xtreme -- keep it all coming.

Barbara
08-28-2006, 04:03 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Other than GW's faults. I barely look at the forums anymore because of this. Not that I'm a GW supporter but it's the same old thing.

DG - tired of Q and Gayle's constant tirades <hr /></blockquote>

Ditto.

I've met Gayle. Not interested in meeting any of the other "politico gang" on this board simply because I feel like I have nothing to talk about with them.

You can still converse with Fran on a pool-related level! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara

Fran Crimi
08-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Trust me, Cush...I'm no extremist....Unless you're referring to the elbow drop. Then I say...Drop away if you're so inclined! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,
Fran ~~~ Sticking to pool-related stuff on the pool side.

dg-in-centralpa
08-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I may be joining you as Mr. Personality.

Duane - former head of the Mickey Mouse club

dg-in-centralpa
08-28-2006, 04:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>

You can still converse with Fran on a pool-related level! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

I'm sorry Fran won't be at the Open. I would have enjoyed meeting her and trying to set up a few lessons if she was available.

DG - maybe next time

Barbara
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>
I'm sorry Fran won't be at the Open. I would have enjoyed meeting her and trying to set up a few lessons if she was available.

DG - maybe next time <hr /></blockquote>

Set up some lessons with Fran anyway. You WON'T be disappointed! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

Rich R.
08-28-2006, 05:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Rich,
I'm doing the same as you, just scanning the non pool side. I throw jokes in there to break up the monotony. Oh well.... <hr /></blockquote>
Duane, believe me, the jokes are a welcome relief.

Harold Acosta
08-28-2006, 06:46 PM
The info came in the form of a press release via email. I have the email but the link does not take you to the actual explanation of how players will earn the $100,000 but I'm searching for it.

This is part of an email I received:

There are two entry fee levels for qualification tournaments. A full entry fee is $1500. All winnings earned at this entry fee level will count towards the top 100 Money List which wins you a 2007 IPT Player's Card. All 2007 IPT players are guaranteed $100,000! For more information on how this is earned, click here.

The above is from a July 12 press release.

Harold Acosta
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
It is not a rumour. It was distributed by email to everyone whom subscribed.

I found this at their website but have not actually heard what is said.

http://www.internationalpooltour.com/ipt_content/news/default.asp#announcements

I found this info in their July 22, 2006 email:

Kevin Trudeau, the founder of the IPT, addressed the players at a meeting Saturday afternoon, in which he covered a wide range of topics, including reiterating that every 2007 tour member is guaranteed to earn $100,000.

Fran Crimi
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
You know, Harold,

I see it, and yup, it looks like he said it, but I'm still shaking my head no. It just doesn't make sense to me. I see trouble up ahead. Just a gut feeling...

I hope I'm wrong.

Fran

Qtec
08-28-2006, 07:54 PM
I think you are way out of line. Neither gayle or I have anything to do with the subject of the thread which is the IPT! If you think there is something wrong with political threads, take it to the other side /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and we can discuss it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gayle,
I don't read your posts. If I see you or Q as the poster, I automatically skip over it. We all know you hate GW, <hr /></blockquote>

How can you be qualified to judge on threads you admit you don't even read! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I only know Gayle thru her posts. She is passionate but I have never got the impression that she was capable of really hating someone.
Would she shoot GW if she could get away with it? I don't think so. I,m sure even her adverseraries in debate would agree on that one.....possibly /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyway, did I complain about your last thread- the naked magician! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lighten up DG.

[ IMO, I think we need more IPT threads. It is the biggest thing in pool at the moment and WE are ignoring it! AZ has been taken over by IPT termites who push the IPT agenda and quell any sign of discontent! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif To question the IPT/KT is to be deemed an IPT hater. Sound familiar. ]

Qtec

Qtec
08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote>

Fran, KT made a big deal for 9 months on his website about how he would pay everyone the minute/day that they were knocked out. At the last/first tourny, he waited until the player's meeting to announce that all ckecks would be paid at the END of the tourny. If you weren't there to collect the check, they would mail it. There was a whole thread on this on AZ.
I,m sure somebody can find it /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Qtec....IPT players will play at least 9 tournys next year. 7 of these have qualys. Now we have a guy MT possibly working for KT signing up players for a share of the prize-money!

Q

Harold Acosta
08-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I've had a bad feeling since the start of all this. While I'm truly happy about the potential paydays for players, I don't like anything about stepping all over the established tournaments and organizations.

Right now I'm wondering what will happen this year at the US Open...No player's list, no promotion, official tournament announcement, no list of vendors, etc.

Days are going by and it seems there is not much interest or info about the Open, and there are threads about certain players not making it this year... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif.

cushioncrawler
08-29-2006, 12:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> Trust me, Cush...I'm no extremist....Unless you're referring to the elbow drop. Then I say...Drop away if you're so inclined! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

Fran ~~~ Sticking to pool-related stuff on the pool side. <hr /></blockquote>

Fran -- my mention of "xtremist" was not meant to be derogatory in any way. However, the stuff about "elbow drop" has raised my hackles -- just kidding -- madMac.

Gayle in MD
08-29-2006, 06:37 AM
DG writes, Gayle,
I don't read your posts. Good decision, that should negate any complaints then, right? If I see you or Q as the poster, I automatically skip over it. Gee, does that mean you read all the posts by others on political current events, I just counted twenty on the other side, only two are mine, so why do you single out Q and I, unless, ofcourse, you are being dishonest about your political affiliation.

We all know you hate GW, you don't have to keep reminding us. We All? I see, you have been appointed to speak for everyone on the internet? Hate, is not part of my life, however, I have noticed it is usually very prevailent in people who have the audacity to endeavor to dictate to others.

If you want a political forum, ask the monitor to create one. If you want to run your own forum, and set the rules for it, then of course, you can dictate the rules as you see fit. Until then, you might want to continue scrolling by, since that is the adult way of handling exposure to things you don't like.

Yes a dumb joke is sometimes meaningful as it helps me relieve stress from work. Hey, I like jokes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Can I do anything for the troops over seas? NO, other than say a prayer for them. Oh my, now this is really a shame. There are many many things you, and all Americans, can do to help and support the troops. If you like, PM me, and I will send you a whole list of organizations, and their websites, where both time and money are utilized to help our troops. It might even do you more good, and releive more stress, than just telling a joke would do.

We have GW for a year and a half. Maybe, maybe not. You have two choices, either live with it or leave the country. Oh, may I ask, who appointed you in charge of deportation? It's time to put this political bullshit to rest. Again, I think before you wrote such an extremist, rude and dictatorial post, it may have been a good idea for you to scroll through the posts and count for your self how few of them, percentage wise, actually originate with me. It's bringing down the board. Oh my goodness. You are so right. I will immediately post atleast five new posts on elbow drop, dominate eye, set pause finish freeeze, we do need some variety.

Yes it's for anything other than pool, but I'm tired of it as I'm sure others are as well. Oh my, well if there is something you're tired of, then by all means, don't indulge. I find it absolutely amazing that someone would reach your age, and still think the world should revolve around their personal likes and dislikes.

I'm tired of apathetic Americans, but at sixty- one years of age, I don't presume to dictate to others, nor do I expect those around me to do as I say. Frankly, this post of yours sounds as though it was written by a very radical right wing extremist, lol. This isn't your TV channel at home, you don't get to turn off and on what you like and don't like.
A quick review of the NPR side will reveal to you that I am only one of many CCB posters who are interested in current events. Personally, I think your demands have been way, way out of line.

Have a nice day. Hopefully, both you and Rich will make some progress with your issues.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
08-29-2006, 06:50 AM
DebraLiStar all this time I thought you were reading What is wrong with Kansas. Nice to see you're back posting.####

DickLeonard
08-29-2006, 06:58 AM
Just an add on Chas 1022 sent me a private message and I spent nearly an hour replying to his question, at the end when I hit submit the Board was down. Not being Computer literate it was lost in the Vast Unknown. I then directed him to my previous posts which I knew was a road map to hell.####

DickLeonard
08-29-2006, 07:02 AM
Barbara I am hurt to the core does this mean no more NUTS. Even my brother the Retired General still speaks to me.####

DickLeonard
08-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Fran I watched Ronnie O' and his elbow drops. I would love to hit a ball with a snooker cue. There is no cue like a single piece cue. I wonder what tip they use.?####

DickLeonard
08-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Rich R Naz and 9 BallGirl are my favorite couple. People think Gayle hates GWB but she really loves our country and she sees it being destroyed and feels it is her duty to raise the Flag.####

Fran Crimi
08-29-2006, 10:48 AM
You know, speaking of one-piece cues, I remember a time when Pat Fleming used to carry around a one-piece cue saying that nothing beat the hit. He had some kind of leather case made where he looked like Robin Hood walking into the pool room. I thought it was pretty cool looking, but he said it was too cumbersome and eventually he abandoned it. But he did swear by the hit of a one-piece cue.

Fran

Fran Crimi
08-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Whew! Glad to hear it Mac. I had visions of you picturing me a la Patty Hearst somewhere hiding out in NYC. Yeeeikes!

Yup, drop away, Mac! Give it a try. (the elbow, I mean)

Fran

DickLeonard
08-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Fran Willie Hoppe would harvest his pool tips. When he was playing an exhibition he would ask the room owner if he could hit his house cues and if he found a tip he liked could he harvest the tip. That way he always had tips that were broken in and had a good feel. I took that one better when I found a tip I liked I used the cue also.
I beat Babe Cranfield playing with a house cue in Hudson and he couldn't believe I would play with a house cue. There was nothing wrong with my two piece cue it was just that cue played better. It had a Brunswick Blue Diamond on it and the Diamond only had a shelf life of a month or so, then you were looking for a new tip.

Thank God for the long lasting Hard Tips. Champions Crown's,Moori's.Tailsmen.etc####

hondo
08-29-2006, 11:59 AM
After reading all these posts on here do you see why
it was suggested you go over to AZ? Less than half of
the posts are about KT. Talk about tangents!!!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Jim Walker:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Harold Acosta:</font><hr> Jim, the IPT is barely discussed in this forum. The AZ Billiard's board discusses these issues at length. <hr /></blockquote>

Really? Why is that? Are you telling me not to discuss the IPT here? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

cushioncrawler
08-29-2006, 03:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Fran I watched Ronnie O' and his elbow drops. I would love to hit a ball with a snooker cue. There is no cue like a single piece cue. I wonder what tip they use.?#### <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Dick -- i watched a video where Ronnie iz behind baulk and pots a red near a top pocket and screws back to behind baulk -- he had zero elbow drop -- i woz amazed. Me, when i started reading all of the threadz about power-breaks, my best speed (6-3/4 lengths of my 12' table) was when uzing an elbow-raise on the follow-throo (beleev it or not). This referz to Fran'z posting mainly.

2 weeks ago, i put a Brunswick tip (10mm) on my billiard cue -- it iz like a Blue Diamond, but fatter -- and i was surprised to see that it was harder -- it will last me about 2 years i reckon -- iz it the same tip that u reckon iz lucky to last 1 month at pool???? But, all of my Melbourne snooker and billiards mates uze Elks and BDz -- uzually 10mm, on a 9.5mm cue-tip mostly -- they get from 2 weeks life to 2 years life from a tip.

Re snooker cues -- i predict that Quinten will win an IPT uzing a cut down 3/4-joint snooker cue. When Joe Minici came back from the NA IPT (he was knocked out first round), he called me over, and said that when he got back to Oz he had ordered a Z2 and a break cue (i think) but he was dissapointed koz they hadnt arrived yet. I told him to simply get a 20oz snooker cue and cut 2" off the tip to bring it up from 9.5mm to 11.5mm. I told Joe that i thort that the parallel taper cuez (Z2) would not suite hiz style -- a conical taper was the best bet -- actually i allso said that he should have a good look at some 3C cues. Joe said that the Z2 was Zero-Throw -- i said that there iz allwayz Throw (when uzing side), but that u could get Zero-Throw at lowish speeds and longish range due to swerve due to the cue angling downwards during the shot (i am learning something off this forum). Joe didnt beleev me, he said that, even with a level cue, the cue deflects and the ball goze straight. Anyhow, i will be interested to see how Joe goze at Reno, with hiz Z2.
Regardz -- madMac.

pooltchr
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
Good point. One of the few threads here about the IPT, and it's drifted way off point. I guess the posters here aren't interested in discussing the IPT. The ones who are have gone over to AZ.
Steve

Fran Crimi
08-29-2006, 03:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Good point. One of the few threads here about the IPT, and it's drifted way off point. I guess the posters here aren't interested in discussing the IPT. The ones who are have gone over to AZ.

What is it that you want us to say? The question posed is what about the other 77 thousand dollars? Do you know what will be with that? None of us knows. So how many posts about that are we supposed to post when none of us knows what the outcome will be?

No offense meant Steve, but your contribution to this thread wasn't even first hand information. Are we all supposed to do better than you?

Fran

Rich R.
08-29-2006, 06:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Good point. One of the few threads here about the IPT, and it's drifted way off point. I guess the posters here aren't interested in discussing the IPT. The ones who are have gone over to AZ.
And, if you go over to AZB, you will get a ton of posters all ranting and raving about this issue, with absolutely no first hand knowledge. They will all speculate about what may happen, in their opinion. Most of the threads will read like a fantasy.
We had a as solid a response as possible, courtesy Of Jen. What else can be said.
Why can't we just wait and see what happens?

pooltchr
08-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Fran,
No, my response wasn't firsthand knowledge, but it came to me from a reliable source...and was pretty much backed up by the transcript of KT's comments. I was simply trying to answer the original question as to how players would be making the guarantee.

The number of posts related to IPT is minimal here as opposed to what is written on AZ. I was just pointing out that interest in the IPT seems to be very limited here compared with the other forum. Not a slam against anyone here. I regularly participate in both forums, and get a lot from both. But if I want IPT information, CCB wouldn't be the first place I would look. There is nothing wrong with that...just an observation.
Steve

hondo
08-30-2006, 06:56 AM
Dear Fran, Why do you take everything so personally?
Lighten up a little bit.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Good point. One of the few threads here about the IPT, and it's drifted way off point. I guess the posters here aren't interested in discussing the IPT. The ones who are have gone over to AZ.

What is it that you want us to say? The question posed is what about the other 77 thousand dollars? Do you know what will be with that? None of us knows. So how many posts about that are we supposed to post when none of us knows what the outcome will be?

No offense meant Steve, but your contribution to this thread wasn't even first hand information. Are we all supposed to do better than you?

Fran <hr /></blockquote>

Qtec
08-30-2006, 07:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the other 77 thousand dollars? <hr /></blockquote>
KT will personaly make up the difference if you dont win $100,000. Its a gift, not a guarantee. There are no details. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I just checked the Q and A section on the IPT website. web page (http://www.internationalpooltour.com/ipt_content/q_and_a/default.asp)
Its under repair/ being altered.!

Qtec

Fran Crimi
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
Okay,

Whatever you say. I said what I wanted to say. It ends here.

Fran