PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions?

melanie823
08-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi, I am trying to find the perfect gift for my husband...it's our anniversary in a month. I am thinking of getting him a pool cue, but I have no idea which to get (or what would impress him the most). Any Suggestions? And does anyone know of a good website to buy from (good customer service, low prices, etc.)? Please help.

Tom_In_Cincy
08-28-2006, 08:30 PM
How about a gift certificate from a local pool hall that sells cues. If they don't have what he wants, maybe they could order it?

I'm sure this will make him very happy. He's already ahead of the game with a wife that wants to buy him a cue.

dr_dave
08-29-2006, 06:43 AM
You can find links to most of the main suppliers here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/links.html) (in the 4th section).

Happy shopping,
Dr. Dave

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote melanie823:</font><hr> Hi, I am trying to find the perfect gift for my husband...it's our anniversary in a month. I am thinking of getting him a pool cue, but I have no idea which to get (or what would impress him the most). Any Suggestions? And does anyone know of a good website to buy from (good customer service, low prices, etc.)? Please help. <hr /></blockquote>

bsmutz
08-29-2006, 10:18 AM
It's awesome that you want to buy him a cue, however, please be aware that a cue stick is a very personal thing. It should be played with and tested before purchase by the person that is going to be using it (unless the place where you buy it lets him exchange it). A gift certificate is a good idea. When people inquire on this board about which cue to buy, they get as many different suggestions as there are people that respond. It is very hard to pick one as being the best and everyone has different preferences about what looks best and what plays best. Some people will only use custom cues while others are very happy with production models. Then there's a whole different argument about laminated shafts and natural shafts. Yep, I'd go with the gift certificate. Find a dealer that handles a wide variety of different brands from the list that Dr. Dave gave you. I know that it doesn't have the same impact that the actual cue would have on the day of your anniversary, but it is such a tough decision and there are so many choices.
Another idea might be to find a way to get him to tell you what he wants. Maybe enlist the help of a friend or teammate if he plays in a league so he doesn't suspect that you are shopping for one. Have them tell him they are looking for a cue and what would he buy if he could kinda deal.
Congrats on the anniversary (my 23rd is this weekend) and I hope you can find the perfect gift for him.