PDA

View Full Version : The 6 mile per hour break

Kato
07-14-2002, 01:28 AM
I know this has been brought up before but come on. Hit the freakin' ball. If Allison is breaking 10 mph then Karen is breaking 6 mph. Notice that Tony hit the nice 20 mph break and was making 2-3 per break and Cory, the master of the Sardo didn't produce the same results?

Kato

Jay M
07-14-2002, 04:08 AM
They mentioned something in that game that I've noticed myself.

In Corr v. Thornfeldt, even when Karen pocketed a ball on the break, she couldn't see the two...ever

In Corr v Fisher (sp) the same thing happened, she only had a shot on the two once in all her breaks.

Deuel v Robles, Corey only had one, maybe two, shot(s) on the two the whole match.

Maybe there were others in the games they cut out, but it's still food for thought.

Jay M

Chris Cass
07-14-2002, 06:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Kato:</font><hr> I know this has been brought up before but come on. Hit the freakin' ball. If Allison is breaking 10 mph then Karen is breaking 6 mph. Notice that Tony hit the nice 20 mph break and was making 2-3 per break and Cory, the master of the Sardo didn't produce the same results?

Kato <hr></blockquote>

Hi Kato,

Not, to change the subject but to me Tony looked nervous as hell. I also, could imagine the audience and the camera's make a big difference. Does he normally shoot that fast? It is, one way of staying in right brain.

Still can't believe Karen checked the rack. LOL Like isn't it the Sado gizmo that you don't have to check? LOL I did spell it right by the way. hahahaha Imagine Karen saying, "The one ball rolled off." hahahaha Like it could roll out of the crater.

Regards,

C.C.~~can't wait to see Kato on tv. maybe we can catch a glimse at the Open? Just jump up, when the camera pans the audience.

SpiderMan
07-16-2002, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Jay M:</font><hr>
Deuel v Robles, Corey only had one, maybe two, shot(s) on the two the whole match.

Maybe there were others in the games they cut out, but it's still food for thought.

Jay M <hr></blockquote>

Very good point, and one that hasn't been given a lot of prior discussion. A few months ago everyone was just going on and on about how Corey made a ball on the break so often, but no mention of what he was left with.

If your opponent is soft-breaking consistently the same way every time, just put the second ball where it won't roll out in the open.

SpiderMan

Ralph S.
07-16-2002, 08:51 AM
I too watched that match and noticed that there were very few shots on the 2. I also agree with you Kato, just bust the damned things LOL.
Ralph S.&gt;prefers and uses the sledgehammer break