PDA

View Full Version : Impertinent sharker pays with his life..

bsmutz
08-29-2006, 10:35 AM
I was in the zone. Balls were flying around the table, dropping into the pockets like we can sometimes only wish they would. Suddenly there was a buzz in the room. Everyone stopped and turned to stare at the stranger that quickly made his way to my table. By the intensity with which he made his entry and the resultant noise, I could tell I was faced with a formidable adversary. Having just dropped the last ball of the rack, I still had my cue gripped firmly with my butt hand. Using it like a sword, I slashed the air in a feeble attempt to upset my rival. Having been in this situation before, I realized after just a few swaths that more damage could possibly be done with the butt end. Just as the thought crossed my mind, I realized that my last stroke had somehow miraculously caused my nemesis to drop to the table like a sack of potatoes. He was at my mercy. I executed the butt to shaft grip change with the rapidity of a veteran ninja. I swiftly executed the fatal blow to the relief of all present, for we all were in grave danger.

Does anyone know how to get wasp blood off my cloth?

08-29-2006, 04:11 PM
You write VERY well, BS. But how come you didn't just let the thing fly away? Neither wasps nor bees have the slightest natural interest in man. GF

houseman
08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> I was in the zone. Balls were flying around the table, dropping into the pockets like we can sometimes only wish they would. Suddenly there was a buzz in the room. Everyone stopped and turned to stare at the stranger that quickly made his way to my table. By the intensity with which he made his entry and the resultant noise, I could tell I was faced with a formidable adversary. Having just dropped the last ball of the rack, I still had my cue gripped firmly with my butt hand. Using it like a sword, I slashed the air in a feeble attempt to upset my rival. Having been in this situation before, I realized after just a few swaths that more damage could possibly be done with the butt end. Just as the thought crossed my mind, I realized that my last stroke had somehow miraculously caused my nemesis to drop to the table like a sack of potatoes. He was at my mercy. I executed the butt to shaft grip change with the rapidity of a veteran ninja. I swiftly executed the fatal blow to the relief of all present, for we all were in grave danger.

Does anyone know how to get wasp blood off my cloth? <hr /></blockquote>

I just tell them to get their own table !!!

bsmutz
08-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the compliment. I personally don't have anything against wasps or bees and don't go out of my way to disturb them unless they are disturbing me or I need them to move so that I can safely do what I need to do in the area that they are in. I've noticed that when you invade their territory, they develop quite the little interest in man. I have been the recipient of their "interest" on numerous occasions. My pool room is fairly well insulated against the incursion of bugs, but at night when the table light is the only heat source around, they manage to find their way in. Although the little ones aren't as distracting as the big bugs, any bug that dares to distract me from my game or do the fly-around-the-light-until-I-get-overheated-and-drop-to-the-table dance takes the chance of becoming part of the rug. I posted a sign, so there're no excuses. As a side note, if I left the door open long enough to chase the wasp out, many more bugs would have entered and turned my round of practice into a very frustrating experience.

Scott Lee
08-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Bill...a tennis racquet also works well, to add to their immediate demise. Much greater area, so as not to miss on the first swing! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott