PDA

View Full Version : New billard club in Albuquerque

ras314
09-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I finally stopped by the Carom Club, I think there was an earlier post by Vagabond about it.

Wow! I can't call this place a pool hall, was playing smooth jazz on the sound system while I was there and has regular lunch business with the downtown types that don't even play pool. Has some dozen or more Gold Crowns along with some older Brunswick tables. Racks of fancy looking wine right behind the area where you get the balls. dressed up waiters asking if you want chalk for gosh sakes! Whole place is a bit out of my league, except the noon time players have lots of folding green and not much pool savvy.

I suspect Ramona Biddle, the owner and WPBA pro, might take umbrage to anyone trying advantage, just so no one gets the wrong idea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Worth a visit for anyone travling thru NM on I 40 or I 25, address is 301 Central, sort of the middle of downtown.

SPetty
09-08-2006, 12:27 PM
That's good to hear. Sounds like a great place.

The Hunter Classics Amateur Women's Tour will be making a stop there in two weeks, but I won't be able to make it, darn it.

ras314
09-08-2006, 01:59 PM
The NM open is also there, 14-15 Oct. I got the impression from Remona that the business is doing well.

BTW Wes Hunter is having the "lights out" tournament again at Mission Billiards in Alamogordo 28 Oct. I don't recall any of the Hunter tour players there last year but at least it is "open" also. So anyone with lots of excess time on their hands could make these two and the WPBA Open, along with the balloon festival in one trip. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bob_Jewett
09-08-2006, 02:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> I finally stopped by the Carom Club, I think there was an earlier post by Vagabond about it. ...
<hr /></blockquote>
Does it actually have carom tables?

ras314
09-08-2006, 02:29 PM
I didn't see any. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Could have been one over in the back somewhere.

Actually I thought it a strange name also and asked Remona a year ago if there would be any billiard tables, believe she said it would depend on how well the business did.

Not many carom tables in the whole state, I only know of one in Albuquerque. I never played it anyway, looks way to complicated for a ball banger to master.