PDA

View Full Version : A strange night of 3 ball...

ras314
09-08-2006, 06:43 PM
Kind of wonder what others would do in this situation. I had just gone 2 and out in a bar tournament so stopped by another bar more than a little aggravated at my poor play. Wound up in a $1 3 ball game with 6 to 8 players, maybe one of whom could run 3 frigg'en balls in any order occasionally if they were all sitting in the pocket.

After winning enough to pay gas money I started feeling a little embarrassed so started trying to shift the odds a little in favor of the guys that hadn't won by tying points when a winner had the point and screwing up whenever I had a chance to let someone way in the hole win. I've always considered 3 ball to be mostly luck, especially the way these guys racked with no spot to show where to put the balls, so it was quite encouranging whenever I could get the game to come out the way I hoped.

That made the game more interesting and gave me a whole lot of free practice but I still wound up coming across as a player trying to rob bangers I think. So after everybody finally quit I donated the last few pots for drinks around until it ran out and left the bartender, who was also playing, a little extra.

What would anybody else do in this situation? There was no other game in town except the original tournament where all the tables were tied up. Not really much money involved but then nobody in the game was rich either.

Ronoh
09-08-2006, 10:12 PM
I've done the same thing in the situation you describe.

In my opinion, you did the right thing, considering the circumstances and how you presented yourself.

ras314
09-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks Ronoh,

This was a situation I've never been in before, didn't know anyone in the joint and here I was trying to fudge who won the money rather than take it myself. Might add this was a new Valley Cougar table in fine shape, too bad they had the big heavy cb.

I sort of have the opinion if you are going to rob someone it is more honest to do it with a gun than a cue. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif