PDA

View Full Version : Efren winst it!!!!!!!!!1

Cueless Joey
09-10-2006, 02:04 PM
8-6, breaks and runs out the last rack.
Not bad for a choker, according to Fat Larry.
$500K is a record first prize.
He can play.

Retardo
09-10-2006, 02:18 PM
and the check is in the mail or will be "in the mail" if you can believe that.-- IPT did not receive the checks from Fedex supposed so the players will have to wait. How would you like to travel from Aaia for the guaranteed five thousand and borrow the money to get back home and have to hope the check arives?

reggie182
09-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Regarding the payment of the players, this is a quote from the IPT website regarding what transpired after Efren's win:

"The tournament room went wild, and Trudeau came out with a suitcase of money and an enormous trophy."

I have read many comments over the past few months related to the IPT and am disheartened by the attitude of so many who seem to be cheering for these tournaments to fail. Players who have dedicated their talents and years of their lives to our sport finally have a chance at respectable prize money, and I see posters on the board either ridicule these tournaments, or ignore them altogether in favor of other tournaments that pay a small fraction of what the IPT does, but are approved by the pool community clique in general, concerned about the promoters above all else. If some of you get your wish and the IPT folds, don't be surprised if ourgame continues to languish in obscurity.

P.S. Congratz Efren! Enjoy the $ 500K, you deserve it!

DougT
09-10-2006, 04:51 PM
That would be the first I've heard of any payout issues with IPT. I doubt that's true, but who knows, with a sale pending.
Still, the IPT has provided the best spark in this industry in a long time. Some people just like to poke holes, and are unable to enjoy the success of others. I just look past those people's posts.
I've really enjoyed watching these events. A week full of brutal matches and pressure, culminating with the best 2 players left standing.
I was pulling for Rodney, but it's awfull hard to bet against Efren.

greg
09-11-2006, 07:40 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DougT:</font><hr> That would be the first I've heard of any payout issues with IPT. <hr /></blockquote>

It is true. Players elimintaed on the first day had to stick around all week in order to get paid, and then they were sent home without being paid. I'd link to the post about this on AZ, but--surprise--the AZ forums are down.

Retardo
09-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Some players are saying that Kevin just likes to make little people feel powerless and worthless and so he just wants them uncomfortable and dangling and totally reliant on him like little birds with mouth open. They think after head game they will get paid maybe.