PDA

View Full Version : an IPT Membership

ceebee
09-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Do any of you AZbers have an IPT membership? Are the videos of the matches easily watched? Can a member buy DVDs of the matches?

Snapshot9
09-14-2006, 06:57 AM
I have a membership, and I have enjoyed the online matches very much. Once past the $30 signup, 5.95 a month is well worth it for your average Pool fanatic (Played for 45 years... lol). I am not sure about matches on DVD, but I would assume that would be a natural progression after offering them in the library of online viewable matches.
To me, being able to see the live matches in the IPT - Reno tournament was worth the price of the membership, especially the final match, and the one the day before with Rodney and Efren.

Rich R.
09-14-2006, 07:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Do any of you AZbers have an IPT membership? Are the videos of the matches easily watched? Can a member buy DVDs of the matches? <hr /></blockquote>
I don't have a membership, but I have been following the posts, on other forums, of those who do.
It appears that most are very happy with the videos and the commentary by IPT players. They say the camera work is very good.
There have only been a few very small glitches.

Many of the matches will be available on DVD, if they are not already and IPT members are entitled to a discount on all purchases from the IPT online store.

wolfdancer
09-14-2006, 09:06 AM
CB, after being up there in Reno, and watching the great camera work for the matches....three shoulder cams...one boom camera...and commentary by Allison and Deno, in the booth,
seems to me that the $30 sign up and $6 a month fees, are well worth it. The matches are also archieved, for later viewing.
I haven't signed up yet....just waiting to see if the sale affects the membership structure.
"Some assembly required....batteries not included"

PoolSharkAllen
09-16-2006, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ceebee:</font><hr> Do any of you AZbers have an IPT membership? Are the videos of the matches easily watched? Can a member buy DVDs of the matches? [/quote
I've been thinking about getting an IPT membership too. But rather than buy DVDs of the matches, is there a way to download or save the IPT streaming videos of the matches onto my computer's hard drive or onto a DVD?

Billy
09-16-2006, 01:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> I have a membership, and I have enjoyed the online matches very much. Once past the $30 signup, 5.95 a month is well worth it for your average Pool fanatic (Played for 45 years... lol). I am not sure about matches on DVD, but I would assume that would be a natural progression after offering them in the library of online viewable matches.
To me, being able to see the live matches in the IPT - Reno tournament was worth the price of the membership, especially the final match, and the one the day before with Rodney and Efren. <hr /></blockquote>

hello Snapshot

any comments on the quality of the feed?

just read, maybe a couple/few times, semi complaining of the picture quality. your opinion?

thanks in advance

Snapshot9
09-16-2006, 02:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> I have a membership, and I have enjoyed the online matches very much. Once past the $30 signup, 5.95 a month is well worth it for your average Pool fanatic (Played for 45 years... lol). I am not sure about matches on DVD, but I would assume that would be a natural progression after offering them in the library of online viewable matches.
To me, being able to see the live matches in the IPT - Reno tournament was worth the price of the membership, especially the final match, and the one the day before with Rodney and Efren. <hr /></blockquote>

hello Snapshot

any comments on the quality of the feed?

just read, maybe a couple/few times, semi complaining of the picture quality. your opinion?

thanks in advance <hr /></blockquote>

First, if you know anything about computers, you have to understand that 'streaming video' is only going to be so good, because of the motios it has to go through. I just watched, from the video library, Rodney vs. Orcollo, and really enjoyed it (Rodney wins 8-4, BTW). There were a few little diddies at the beginning as the system was getting the video buffered right (bringing the video to you in chunks), but then it smoothed out and went quite well, better than the online live matches of the tournament. I do have 1 complaint though, it brings it up in a 'small screen format' (about a 5 x 4 size), but you can enlarge it to a 'large screen' format, but when you do that, you only get the top half with absolutely no way to move it up so you can get the whole picture, so I had to go back to small screen and wathc it like that. Some of these matches I want to see, I think to myself that I would gladly pay $5 a match to watch, so when you think of it that way, the $5.95 a month is really a good deal, plus you can watch them when you want to. BTW, maybe Dennis had an off-match, but I didn't see anything 'special' about his playing, Rodney is better, and so is Manalo.

Snapshot9
09-17-2006, 07:22 AM
I have to amend my previous post. I did not have my browser window expanded all the way. Just got done watching Ortmann vs. Efren match, and watched it on large screen which is 10 x 8 size, and was okay to watch. I still think though that my browser stuff at the bottom cut off maybe a 1/2" or less, but it is very watchable (you can lean back in your chair and watch). Oliver won that match 8-6. It was somewhat more choppy than the Rodney vs. Orcollo match I watched though. Remember on Flash player to go to settings (right click) and click on the folder, and set file sizs on your machine to 10mb or unlimited. I have mine set on unlimited (uses all that it needs). It is great being able to view these matches though, especially the ones that were critical for one player or the other. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
09-17-2006, 08:12 AM
I almost signed up in Reno for the membership....I've got over 100 accu-stat tapes that cost in the $20's each, so $6 a month would be a bargain. I'm just concerned about the sale, affecting current paid viewers....
I paid for streaming video of the Derby City event....and though there were glitches...it was worth the $30.
I've attended pro tournaments now for about 15 years....and they'll never make it at the "gate"...even Reno was a bit low on paid attendees...they invited us in the vip seats for the tv matches....to make it look like a crowd.
The pay to view thing might just work out???
KT's book originally priced at $30, was on sale for $10 at the matches...tempting, but I don't read much fiction

Billy
09-19-2006, 12:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snapshot9:</font><hr> I have to amend my previous post. I did not have my browser window expanded all the way. Just got done watching Ortmann vs. Efren match, and watched it on large screen which is 10 x 8 size, and was okay to watch. I still think though that my browser stuff at the bottom cut off maybe a 1/2" or less, but it is very watchable (you can lean back in your chair and watch). Oliver won that match 8-6. It was somewhat more choppy than the Rodney vs. Orcollo match I watched though. Remember on Flash player to go to settings (right click) and click on the folder, and set file sizs on your machine to 10mb or unlimited. I have mine set on unlimited (uses all that it needs). It is great being able to view these matches though, especially the ones that were critical for one player or the other. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

thanks, sounds like you are satisfied

just the fact of seeing some good pool offsets 'not the best picture'

appreciate the response