PDA

View Full Version : A big HOORAY FOR AZBILLIARDS!

Righty
09-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Good job AZBilliards staff! Every time there is a major tournament, the forums crash! You would have thought that since it first happened during the WPC Finals two years ago, they would have fixed it. But then it happened again during the last stages of the US Open, then the WPC Again, and all the major tournaments from then on! And it has crashed during the finals of every IPT tournament! Great job once again! I just wanted to let them know to keep up the good work! Sure, the site is free to post, but it's actually we the posters who purchase from the marketplace........KEEP THAT IN MIND.

cuechick
09-10-2006, 04:32 PM
I want my money back!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

walt8880
09-10-2006, 04:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Righty:</font><hr> Good job AZBilliards staff! Every time there is a major tournament, the forums crash! You would have thought that since it first happened during the WPC Finals two years ago, they would have fixed it. But then it happened again during the last stages of the US Open, then the WPC Again, and all the major tournaments from then on! And it has crashed during the finals of every IPT tournament! Great job once again! I just wanted to let them know to keep up the good work! <font color="red"> </font color> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="black"> </font color> Righty-

Have you ever bought anything from the AZB Marketplace? Not me, so I don't complain.

Righty
09-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, 2 items to be exact, roughly around $50. Not much, but I am a customer. I am also going to purchase some accustats tapes very soon.

cueball1950
09-10-2006, 08:23 PM
RIGHTY:::::::
Puleeeeeeeeeze....these things happen. I have a suggestion. Try building a site like that as popular as that and run it by yourself and lets see if you can keep up with all that is going on. Yes he has MR WILSON as a moderator. but still it has to be an astronomical headache keeping it going. By the way... Mike Howerton does a great job and gets little thanks for it. Also he is the moderator here on the CCB i believe....just my $.02 worth.................mike

Voodoo Daddy
09-11-2006, 02:53 AM
What piss's me off is the over emphasis on the IPT &lt;yeah its a lot of cash&gt; and the easily forgotten smaller tournaments. For example, The Texas State 9-Ball tournament went off last weekend and AZ didnt mention word one. Meanwhile...Dawn Hopkins wins the Rhode Island Womens title and there is an article. Only reason that was mentioned is because she is a known name. Seems to me that all the billiard industry is focused on the IPT and is basically overlooking what got all those players where they are...the smaller tournaments that have history. JMO

Rich R.
09-11-2006, 05:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Voodoo Daddy:</font><hr> Seems to me that all the billiard industry is focused on the IPT and is basically overlooking what got all those players where they are...the smaller tournaments that have history. JMO <hr /></blockquote>
Tap, Tap, Tap.

These are all of the smaller tournaments that have struggled, without the backing of a billionaire, and have kept the game of pool alive for all of these years.
No, these tournaments don't have the cash of the IPT, but they still deserve a lot of respect.

cueball1950
09-11-2006, 05:53 AM
I fully agree Steve. I have no idea on why it happens. Maybe Mike H can pop in and explain it to us. that would be a start..................mike

cueball1950
09-11-2006, 05:57 AM
I have to agree with you also Rich. Tournaments like the BCA and the WPA and the Open. What is going to happen to the stature or prestige of these tournaments if KT is allowed to make the players of the IPT exclusive to the IPT as he has already admitting to wanting to do ????????????????????...mike

greg
09-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Perhpas one reason there's no news about the Texas State 9-ball is that Mike H runs the site by himself. Hard to give timely updates on every tourny out there. He does cover the Texas State Open. Here's the article from last year's event. http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.cfm?storynum=2991 Maybe he was a little too busy last weekend with the IPT and his site constantly down to get around to posting something about this year's eevnt yet.

9 Ball Girl
09-11-2006, 08:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> I have to agree with you also Rich. Tournaments like the BCA and the WPA and the Open. What is going to happen to the stature or prestige of these tournaments if KT is allowed to make the players of the IPT exclusive to the IPT as he has already admitting to wanting to do ????????????????????...mike <hr /></blockquote>If that happens, then maybe tournaments will have bigger prize purses? I wonder if then, for example, the US Open will have to change to the nappy cloth and maybe it'll become the US 9 Ball (or 8 Ball) Open with women.

I shudder at the thought.

cuechick
09-11-2006, 08:19 AM
I think he depends a lot on the people holding the smaller events to turn in a report. This is why the Hopkins win got reported, was cause the people running it turned in the story. When we had out last SEAL tourney we sent in all th reports.
I agree the IPT is casting a big shadow but in the end I really believe it is good for everyone who loves and plays pool.