PDA

View Full Version : Well..................

Qtec
09-14-2006, 03:22 AM
Is it just me or is it boring around here?

I think the proposition that I am responsible[ and others] for the demise of the NPR ? has been dis proven.
What say you DG? How many replies to your 3 threads? zero replies (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=npr&page=0&view=collapsed& sb=5&o=)

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

pooltchr
09-14-2006, 04:59 AM
There isn't much going on over on the CCB either. Seems like the number of posters on both sides has really dropped off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve

DickLeonard
09-14-2006, 05:35 AM
Pooltchr Somebody poisoned the well. It will take a few months for the water to purify itself. It should be pure after election day.####

Rich R.
09-14-2006, 06:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> There isn't much going on over on the CCB either. Seems like the number of posters on both sides has really dropped off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>
I follow several pool forums and it has been mentioned on those sites a number of times, over the past months, that people have left this forum because of the political bashing, from both sides. I don't think these people are going to come back over night.
The damage has been done. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
09-14-2006, 06:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> Is it just me or is it boring around here?

<font color="red">I'm sure you can find a political forum somewhere, with a lot more action for you. </font color>

I think the proposition that I am responsible[ and others] for the demise of the NPR ? has been dis proven.

<font color="red">How do you figure that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif </font color>

What say you DG? How many replies to your 3 threads? zero replies (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp; sb=5&amp;o=)

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

<font color="red">The fact that a thread doesn't get responses doesn't mean it was a bad thread.
On the other hand, a thread that has a hundred or more responses doesn't mean it is a good thread. </font color>
<hr /></blockquote>

dg-in-centralpa
09-14-2006, 07:13 AM
Sorry to disappoint you, but they weren't meant for replies.
They were meant for entertainment only. If someone replies fine, if not, I'm not offended.

DG

hondo
09-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Rich, I agree with you that the pol. disc. got pretty
tedious, but it doesn't seem to have hurt AZ.
One difference is that most of the big mouths over
there are Bushites.
On here you guys were outnumbered &amp; got your little
feelings hurt. On AZ, the Bushites, LWW, Bamadog,etc.,
beat the anti- Bushites down with ridicule, right wing
media sources, &amp; twisted logic.
That's why I tried to come back here but it's deader
than a doornail.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> There isn't much going on over on the CCB either. Seems like the number of posters on both sides has really dropped off. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>
I follow several pool forums and it has been mentioned on those sites a number of times, over the past months, that people have left this forum because of the political bashing, from both sides. I don't think these people are going to come back over night.
The damage has been done. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Fran Crimi
09-14-2006, 07:20 AM
ACTUALLY....

Goes to show where all the crap was coming from. Why isn't this site now flooded with Right Wing propaganda? I'll tell you why. It's because the conservatives here weren't the ones starting all the nonsense threads.

Fran

pooltchr
09-14-2006, 07:25 AM
Rich,
I can't quite buy into that. The CCB and NPR are two separate areas. I doubt that the political discussions on NPR would cause anyone to leave CCB. I believe that there are so many times one can read the same thing without becoming bored. There hasn't been much new on this side, and just how many times can you read the same comments about BHE, Predator deflection, or which cue is best for a beginner? The only current topic in pool these days seems to be the IPT, and all that discussion seems to be on AZ. It only takes a couple of minutes on here to see what's new. I think much of the drop in activity may be due to boredom, more than Q or anyone else running anyone off.
JMHO
Steve

Rich R.
09-14-2006, 07:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Rich, I agree with you that the pol. disc. got pretty
tedious, but it doesn't seem to have hurt AZ.
One difference is that most of the big mouths over
there are Bushites. <hr /></blockquote>
I can't comment on this, because I very rarely scan the NPR section of AZ. I do seem to remember someone commenting that the moderator warned some people about their posts in that forum. I don't know if that is related or not.

Rich R.
09-14-2006, 07:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Rich,
I can't quite buy into that. The CCB and NPR are two separate areas. I doubt that the political discussions on NPR would cause anyone to leave CCB.
<font color="red">Steve, I only know what I have read people post. Unfortunately, I neither have the time, nor the desire, to find them all and give you a list. You'll have to take my word for it, or not. </font color>

I believe that there are so many times one can read the same thing without becoming bored.
<font color="red"> This is the comment that many have made concerning the political discussions on this forum. </font color>

There hasn't been much new on this side, and just how many times can you read the same comments about BHE, Predator deflection, or which cue is best for a beginner? The only current topic in pool these days seems to be the IPT, and all that discussion seems to be on AZ. It only takes a couple of minutes on here to see what's new. I think much of the drop in activity may be due to boredom, more than Q or anyone else running anyone off.
JMHO
Steve
<font color="red"> Yes, a lot of the questions are repetitive for those of us who have been on this forum for a while. However, there are new people asking those questions and they need the answers, if we can give them. In part, that is what a forum is about.
<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
09-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Q, it wasn't you, per se, what done did the NPR in. It was that in this battle of different political opinions, the left tried to support their beliefs with long, fact based articles, while the right relied on blonde faith. These long winded articles required reading them, to find the errors...and when there were none, imagine how frustrating that was. Heck, I'd move over to AZB, where dissent is not allowed. Avowing that he was both a Christian and a Conservative, was good enough to believe that ole GW could do no wrong.
Ooops, I meant, blind faith. mea culpa!!

Dagwood
09-14-2006, 08:57 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>
<font color="red"> Yes, a lot of the questions are repetitive for those of us who have been on this forum for a while. However, there are new people asking those questions and they need the answers, if we can give them. In part, that is what a forum is about.
<hr /></blockquote>

tap, tap, tap!

eg8r
09-14-2006, 09:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, a lot of the questions are repetitive for those of us who have been on this forum for a while. However, there are new people asking those questions and they need the answers, if we can give them. In part, that is what a forum is about. <hr /></blockquote> That is what the search is all about. What is the purpose of archiving all this stuff if no one is going to use it.

eg8r

DickLeonard
09-14-2006, 09:33 AM
Poootchr sometimes I think the cue posts and deflection posts are a subtle way to advertise a product. By the way has anybody ever played with a Dayton cue.####

pooltchr
09-14-2006, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <font color="red"> Yes, a lot of the questions are repetitive for those of us who have been on this forum for a while. However, there are new people asking those questions and they need the answers, if we can give them. In part, that is what a forum is about.
<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Rich, I agree, which is one reason I am still here. I still believe in helping out new players, and giving back to the game.
There are several instructors (Cane, Fran, Randy, Scott, Bob, myself and others) who actually get paid for teaching people what we know about the game, yet still offer up free advice on this and other forums on a regular basis.
I was just offering a possible answer as to why many posters are not here any longer.
I don't plan on going anywhere for a while.
Steve

wolfdancer
09-14-2006, 10:11 AM
Since you didn't name him, I'll add....Fast Larry.
I know he's a little rancorous, a little confrontational...at times..................
but,I read and learn from his own pool theories, and the best single tip I ever picked up here was from him.
And Mr. Hal Houle.... I learned some from his ideas about aiming.
I guess though, they and Dr. Dave were among the "others"
The playing tips by you folks are appreciated....
The threads on cue tips....nickle or dime radious/which side to glue/hardness/laminated/etc...have been asked and answered a thousand times. The folks that still need that info....really should be playing with screw-on tips, and Wal-Mart cues

Stretch
09-14-2006, 10:27 AM
Well........you guys know me, i don't post often but i'm not a stranger either. It's been quiet for a while, which isn't altogether bad if the alternative is none stop idealogocal differences, not relateing to pool. The trouble is that because of the human traffic between both pr and npr one invariable infects the other. It was nicer before the npr stuff. It stalled the engine and divided interests.

On the bright side just look at the quality advice one still finds here from people who have been talking about this for a loooooooooong time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif And it's hardly buisy at all? and you don't even have to wade through all the rabble to get truth......except sometimes rubber boats would be nice. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sure if you want the glitzy, traffic knarled, crash prone, glamour of the fast life. Then there's lots of great sites to choose from. Don't worry, lots of people still brows and lurk here, don't kid yourself. People will come back posting and talking pool again cause we're just so gosh darn interesting. lol I chose this pool hall for better or worse. It is whatever you make it right? St.