PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and HELP!!! LOL!!!

14oneman
09-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site and I need some questions answered, so I thought I would take advantage of the advice from all you nice folks on this forum.
I have three questions.

1. I'm the original owner of a 20 something year old Meucci "Original" cue,(block lettering in butt sleeve, NOT script), in mint condition, with two shafts. I believe it is from the 84 series. It has 4 ebony points with veneers, no inlays. It has had some custom work done to it from the Billiard Pro Shop. Both shafts have ivory ferules, the joint was changed to a piloted stainless, (as opposed to Meucci's flat faced phenolic), and the wrap is EXPOSED Irish Lined, pressed and polished, (instead of Meucci's typical clear coat covering). Any idea what the current value of this cue might be?

2. I have mint condition It's George case, (2 butt, 4 shaft), with to large bags, finished in Mahagony Eel skin. I'm looking for the current value of this also.

3. Lastly, in the current format of sudden death 7 ball, are the balls racked with the 1 ball on the foot spot, or the 7 ball on the foot spot? Very hard to tell from watching television matches!

Thanks in advance!!!

Scott Lee
09-15-2006, 09:21 PM
PM Tate, either here on CCB, or over on AzBilliards.com. He is a resident Meucci expert, with a great handle on cue values.

Scott Lee

14oneman
09-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Scott,
Thank you so much for your response. After 80 some odd views and no responses, I was beginning to give up hope.

As I stated in my original post, I'm new to the site, so I'm not quite sure who Tate is or how to go about pm-ing him, but hopefully I will figure that out!

Thanks again for the help, it is MOST appreciated!

Russ

14oneman
09-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Scott,
Thank you so much for your response. After 80 some odd views and no responses, I was beginning to give up hope.

As I stated in my original post, I'm new to the site, so I'm not quite sure who Tate is or how to go about pm-ing him, but hopefully I will figure that out!

Thanks again for the help, it is MOST appreciated!

Russ

Scott Lee
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
Russ...Tate is a very knowledgable poster, who collects Meucci cues, among others, and posts here, as well as on www.AzBilliards.com (http://www.AzBilliards.com) (where you click on "forum", just like you do here, on the Billiards Digest website). You have to register there, just like here, to be able to post. To PM a member, simply click on their name (on any post...and you can 'search' for their name very easily on either site), and then on "send a private message". I would suggest doing it on both forums, as Tate is on AzB more frequently.

Scott Lee

14oneman
09-19-2006, 05:42 AM
Scott,

Thank you once again! I really appreciate all your help. I'm old enough to have significantly pre-dated "the computer era", so your walk-through on the PM-ing, etc., is a REAL time saver!!! OK...so I'm old! LOL!!!

I will contact Tate ASAP!

Thanks,

Russ