PDA

View Full Version : Need Brunswick Anniversary Table Expert

skywalker
09-14-2006, 02:20 PM
I have located what appears to be a very nice Brunswick pre - 1960 - Anniversary table.The logo on the name plate located on the table is that of pre 1960 tables.The logo on the sticker on the 12 cue rack, that comes with the table, is the same as the one on the table.The only thing that is different from the Anniversary table pics I have seen on the internet is that the metal on this table- castings and legs is NOT a shiny aluminum like metal.Any ideas why?Did the very early Anniversary tables not use the shiny metal?Any help- answer is appreciated ! Thanks v Also, there are no what I would call, white pin stripes, along the sides and ends like those shown in pitures.Was this done later to spruce it up along with the shiny metal?

wolfdancer
09-14-2006, 03:55 PM
Try web page (http://www,rebcobilliards.com/)
Bob's an expert on both older model and antique Brunswicks.
He has over 100 tables in his own collection of antiques.

ceebee
09-15-2006, 09:32 AM
the shiny aluminum can actually go away, leaving a dull finish, because of light corrision. It can be brought back to a "gleaming shine", by BUFFING with a high speed buffing machine. Just about any plating shop has that equipment.

Brian in VA
09-15-2006, 09:58 AM
According the the Brunswick site, there was a period that the table was made with painted or plastic coated castings in the corners and around the legs. (Check www.brunswick.com (http://www.brunswick.com) and look on antique tables for a history of how these were built and the different options.) If the table doesn't have the pin stripes, that are actually painted in a groove on my table, then it has had the sides replaced. The sides are notorious for getting splits in them if the table has been moved more than a few times. You can purchase replacements online - I saw some on ebay when I was looking for a table.

My table mechanice just set mine up today and I can't wait to play on it when I get home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA

skywalker
09-15-2006, 02:10 PM
To Brian in Va. -- Thank you very much!! Sure glad I posted and got your reply!!I would have felt like the complete fool if I had bought the table and later found out it wasn't original ( replaced sides without the pinstriping).I am sure the price is right for a true original, so you helped me not get ripped off. thanks again!!

Brian in VA
09-18-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm glad I could help! The Anniversary is a nice table. Mine has a lot of character and I love it.

Brian in VA