PDA

View Full Version : I predict.

Qtec
09-15-2006, 03:35 AM
.that the Reps do surprisingly well in the next election!

you need to see this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJOyz7_sk8I)

Couldn't happen? report (http://www.alternet.org/blogs/video/#41618)

Q

pooltchr
09-15-2006, 05:09 AM
So Prinston University has figured out a way to steal votes. What makes you think this will result in Republicans doing better in an election. Prinston is an extremely liberal university. Wouldn't it be logical to assume they would prefer to share their software with other liberals, allowing Democrats to win elections, even when the actual vote might be in favor of a conservative candidate?
You assume votor fraud must be a Republican activity. There is NO EVIDENCE to indicate that one party is more likely to participate in this type of activity.
The history of our country shows Democrats were committing voting fraud years ago. Chicago was for years a big joke when it came to stuffing the ballot box with votes from people who were no longer among the living. It wasn't the Republicans who were in power at the time.
Although the fact that the potential exists for this kind of abuse, to automatically assume that the Republicans would be the ones to take advantage of this technology is nothing more than allowing your political bias to get in the way of logical thinking. That, or you are already planning your excuses if the Republicans do prevail in the election. Liberals have been crying about "stolen elections" for the past 6 years. Seems if there was evidence of it, someone would be in jail.
Steve

Qtec
09-15-2006, 06:14 AM
What it means is that the election is open to fraud. That doesn't concern you?

Do you remember the last election when ALL the exit polls showed that Kerry would win and it turned out[ in an instant! ] they got it all wrong. Basically for the FIRST time in history the exit polls were TOTALLY wrong!!!!!!!!!...........and now this.
Florida.....Ohio.? etc, etc.

If you don't care if the Reps fix the election and get back into power against the wishes of the American people just say so. If you are against Democracy then you must be with the Taliban and Al Q.
You my friend /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif are just a Democracy HATER!!!!!!!

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DickLeonard
09-15-2006, 07:02 AM
Pooltchr Princeton is the number one school, you have to be intelligent to gain admission so that could preclude most repuplicans.####

wolfdancer
09-15-2006, 08:17 AM
We need a follow-up voter sampling to check the accuracy of the machines......we could call it an exit poll...
I've read where there is more security in a slot machine, and
if you Google "Ohio election fraud" you'll see that the researchers at Princeton were not only showing how-to.....but how it was done.
I agree with Steve, that people should go to jail over this....maybe at the end of their term in office???
But, you don't have to rely on machines to alter the vote,when it's just as easy to alter the voter base.
From a 2004 story:
"Glenda Hood, the Florida secretary of state appointed by Gov. Jeb Bush in 2002, created a list of felons to be purged from the voter rolls. But the methodology used to create the list guaranteed few Hispanics, who typically vote Republican in Florida, would be purged, the Sarasota Herald-Tribune reported.

In another problem, The *Miami Herald reported that more than 2,000 convicted felons on the list had regained their voting rights after receiving clemency. Hood has opened an internal investigation.

An advocacy group, People for the American Way, has asked U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft to open a federal probe."
http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/9913/errormessagewp4.png

Fran Crimi
09-15-2006, 10:57 AM
You made an honest mistake, right? Norman Lear's People For The American Way? You mean People for the Communist Way, right?

Hey here's an innovative idea...How about doing a little research before being so quick to quote. But then again, maybe you did do your research and you did really mean to post the quote about People for the American Way.

Fran

wolfdancer
09-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Fran, just because people don't agree with your political views, and idealogy, and (party paranoia- imho)....does not make them Communists. We've had two parties in this country for quite awhile now....and this charge of being anti-american, anti-USA for disagreeing with domestic and foreign policies of the party in power
has never surfaced before this administration came to power.
We're not even anti-Republican....just anti-Bush/Cheney.
If I followed your logic...it would be the sons and daughters of the right that are beating down the doors of the recruiting office,to fight this war, while the traitorous offspring of the
Democrats....would be wearing jilbabs and dishdashas, marching in protest. (Pinko,commie,libs)
No, I didn't make a mistake....it looks from the reports, that there were problems with the voter counts in both Ohio, and Fla.
I don't discount that as nonsense, since the Princeton Studies showed how easily that could be done....but you might....
You folks that take such offense about anybody disagreeing with the party line, should come up with something new, besides name-calling and labels...liberals, leftist, communists....after awhile the names lose their shock value, like when the slur "m..f.." is used.
There are facts, and there are opinions.....I'm free to express my opinions here for now..and new facts supporting them, seem to emerge daily.
Actually one has to do some research to find the quotes...are you suggesting I then have to go beyond that, and find some dissenting news?
I thought that would be the job for anyone p.o.'d by my post??
Your reply here is the typical right wing response to anything that is quoted here, that finds fault with the admin....rather then refute the "charges" you make it into a personal attack..."kill the messenger"
If you want to know who the real "enemies of the state" are....it's those people that can't tolerate different views....1930's Germany revisited

pooltchr
09-15-2006, 12:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> What it means is that the election is open to fraud. That doesn't concern you?

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
<hr /></blockquote>

Of course the potential for vote fraud concerns me. But in your particular post, you assumed it would be done by the Republicans. You are just showing that you are predisposed to an assumption that those who don't agree with your political philosophy must be the bad guys, while those who agree with you are the good guys.
Wake up! There are those on both sides who would do anything to get elected. Even Gayle admitted that she believed HC would put her own political agenda ahead of what is best for the country.
What you fail to understand is that the majority of people in our country are not extreme left or right. They are, as a whole, people with conservative fiscal and moral values who have come to understand, and in some cases accept, that politics is going to have it's ugly side, no matter who is in control.
Steve

wolfdancer
09-15-2006, 12:19 PM
If the last elections were "fixed" then it had to be the Republicans that did it. They, uh, "won" If we could have gotten to them machines before they did...there might have been a unanimous vote for Kerry.
We got a little history "predicting" the outcome of elections
Chicago's Democratic Boss, Richard J. Daley...and NY's Boss Tweed.
Vote early and vote often....and we also counted the recently departed amongst our supporters.
Ah, if we could only return to them glory days....but first
they have to at least let us count the legimate votes.

wolfdancer
09-15-2006, 01:40 PM
I'm trying to find out the communist connection with the
People for the American Way group.
Maybe it's the founder, Norman Lear??? He did have some radical ideas:
"But by 1980 he was alarmed by the radical religious fanaticism of Christian fundamentalists. At first he thought he would use a television series to respond. He developed a series concept, Good Evening, He Lied, in which the co-star of the show would be a woman newswriter in her thirties, very professional, trying to do her job--as a writer for an egotistical, airhead, male news anchor. A moralist at heart, Lear also proposed to have the woman be a devout, mainstream Protestant Christian, openly practicing her faith. It was a fine idea and demonstrated anew Lear's genuine respect for sincere religious convictions. NBC approved the idea but Lear did not pursue the production. He became convinced that another approach would be more effective for him, and in 1982 he founded People for the American Way to speak out for Bill of Rights guarantees and monitor violations of constitutional freedoms. By 1996 the organization had become one of the most influential and effective voices for freedom."
Here's some more "commie" news about Norman:
"Best known for his ground breaking situation comedies that featured families that regularly confronted major political and social issues of the day."
And this chilling fact:
"Long a renowned supporter of liberal political causes, he changed his party registration to Republican in 1980 and endorsed John Anderson for President, after calling the administration of Jimmy Carter a "complete disaster."

The url would not load

wolfdancer
09-15-2006, 03:05 PM
actually....at the very end of my post, after quoting a newspaper report....the last sentence, an adjunct to the item itself...mentions that the People for the American Way group was calling for the charges to be looked into.
Since the group had little to do with the article, I saw no reason to contact the group and voir dire each of them personally.

Qtec
09-16-2006, 10:54 AM
I think we are getting off topic.
The same pepole who think the invasion of Iraq was an exercise in spreading democracy couldn't care less in the US elections are fraudulent and the will of the people is dismisssed/unimportant.

Q

Drop1
09-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Why are you wasting your time? Don't you understand nothing you say is important. Most people with the capacity to think,have stopped posting. The same with Wolfdancer,a person with style,and literary grace,casting pearls before brainless morons, who can look at nipples on a man,and think God dosen't screw up. Come now,I know the both of you must have a life away from this Waste Land.

wolfdancer
09-16-2006, 03:17 PM
"Wolfdancer,a person with style,and literary grace"...lol, hardly, but thanks for the thought.
The political debates are frustrating....I mean
I'm a fair guy, but this *** heat is making me absolutely crazy.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2146/shiningap2.jpg