PDA

View Full Version : 5280 cues - any info?

marek
09-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Hi!
My friend told me about "5280 cues" brand of cues. I have found out that they are very beautiful cues for quite reasonable price..maybe too reasonable... How it comes that these cues are in price range of 300 dollars while their design looks more of 500-600 dollars? Are they quality cues? I have been also told that Corey Deuel plays with 5280 cue. I feel in love with this beauty instantly:
http://www.budgetcues.com/5280-pool-cue-rm02.htm

JPB
09-16-2006, 06:58 PM
I have heard, although I have no personal knowledge of, some quality control issues. I hit with one of them one time and it seemed pretty good. The owner of this one pool hall liked them and sold them. So I hit with a $140 one. It was a flat faced wood to wood with radial pin joint. Seemed to hit them well for the money.

Rich R.
09-16-2006, 09:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> Hi!
My friend told me about "5280 cues" brand of cues. I have found out that they are very beautiful cues for quite reasonable price..maybe too reasonable... How it comes that these cues are in price range of 300 dollars while their design looks more of 500-600 dollars? Are they quality cues? I have been also told that Corey Deuel plays with 5280 cue. I feel in love with this beauty instantly:
http://www.budgetcues.com/5280-pool-cue-rm02.htm <hr /></blockquote>To the best of my knowledge, Cory is no longer associated with these cues. The 5280 cues, IIRC, were Asian made and not high quality cues.

Scott Lee
09-16-2006, 10:26 PM
marek...The 5280 line of cues was manufactured in China by Cuestix, out of Colorado. They are discontinued, and as such, available for cheap (the company has closed them out, and is just selling off leftover stock). As a Cuestix dealer I got notice of this selloff last January. Corey Dueul was only sponsored for this cue for a very short period, and has not played with the cue for over a year and a half. He plays with, I believe, a Woodpecker cue, made in Ohio.

Scott Lee

Snapshot9
09-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Yes, and 'Woodpecker' is a name that doesn't exactly inspires confidence in that cue line, IMO.

marek
09-17-2006, 02:00 PM
Thank you for the warning! I knew something was not right about the price! /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif