PDA

View Full Version : CueSport College, Peoria,IL ... former students?

IA8baller
09-17-2006, 04:42 AM
Has anyone that frequents this forum attended the 2-day instruction at CueSport College in Peoria, IL?

I'm considering investing the $400 for the Intermediate, 2 day instruction and would love to get some feedback from anyone that may have taken the course themselves. Is it worth the time/money? Any feedback good/bad would be helpful......Thanks in advance.

Scott Lee
09-17-2006, 09:19 AM
You'd probably be better off going to the pool school in Rockford, imo...or catching one of Cue Tech's roadshow pool schools, with Randyg. jmo

Scott Lee

hustl3r
10-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I wouldn't pay much attention to what Scott Lee has to say, since he is a result of the old political BCA Instructional program where the highest ranking instructors were whomever had the most money or highest degree in college, instead of the most knowledge and/or skill of the game. I would be willing to lock up at whatever amount you wish up to $10,000 to bet that Scott Lee couldn't beat Fred Fechter. Fred is twice the age of Scott and knowing this, I would still honor the bet if anyone wanted to take it. I'm not saying that Scott doesn't know anything about pool, but he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to CueSport College. I am a former and also recurring present student of CueSport College and used to be one of the absolute worst players in my area and am now very much one of the most feared money/tournament players after working with and practicing what Fred and the other instructors at CueSport College have taught me. If you truly want to improve, then I would suggest reading some of the testimonials on CueSport College's website and also knowing that they have a money back guarantee. Feel free to ask me anything you want about my experiences with some of the other BCA instructors out there or the instructors at CueSport College and I will gladly tell you the truth. I'm not a very judmental or unfair person, so I'll give it to you straight and without being biased. Hope this helps you. Thanks!

ken_r
08-05-2007, 12:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also knowing that they have a money back guarantee <hr /></blockquote>

Unfortunately, they don't honor this guarantee so it's not much of a guarantee.

My experience with them was extremely disappointing. So I asked for my money back. They refused to do so.

I could go into details, but I think that should tell you everything you need to know about Cuesport College.

randyg
08-05-2007, 02:42 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hustl3r:</font><hr> I wouldn't pay much attention to what Scott Lee has to say, since he is a result of the old political BCA Instructional program where the highest ranking instructors were whomever had the most money or highest degree in college, instead of the most knowledge and/or skill of the game. I would be willing to lock up at whatever amount you wish up to $10,000 to bet that Scott Lee couldn't beat Fred Fechter. Fred is twice the age of Scott and knowing this, I would still honor the bet if anyone wanted to take it. I'm not saying that Scott doesn't know anything about pool, but he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to CueSport College. I am a former and also recurring present student of CueSport College and used to be one of the absolute worst players in my area and am now very much one of the most feared money/tournament players after working with and practicing what Fred and the other instructors at CueSport College have taught me. If you truly want to improve, then I would suggest reading some of the testimonials on CueSport College's website and also knowing that they have a money back guarantee. Feel free to ask me anything you want about my experiences with some of the other BCA instructors out there or the instructors at CueSport College and I will gladly tell you the truth. I'm not a very judmental or unfair person, so I'll give it to you straight and without being biased. Hope this helps you. Thanks!

<hr /></blockquote>

Very well defended. Fred is an old friend and college of mine. I'm sure he teaches very well.

Playing abilities and teaching are two different things.

But I will take you up on your statement about:

"where the highest ranking instructors were whomever had the most money or highest degree in college, instead of the most knowledge"

I know all of those higher ranked BCA Instructors and I beleive that you have been fed some very poor information. Please talk to me at

goettlicher@verizon.net

Thanks....randyg

wolfdancer
08-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Good thing he's not really judgmental...after reading that old school evaluation of you.
For the record, as a former pupil...I think you did a fine job!!....(and now that you are a member of the SPF certified staff, an even better one...based on my non-judgmental, week long observations at the Cue-Tech room in Vegas))

sack316
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hustl3r:</font><hr> I'm not a very judmental or unfair person, so I'll give it to you straight and without being biased.
<hr /></blockquote>

Sounds that way!

Sack

bsmutz
08-06-2007, 04:43 PM
"Fred is an old friend and college of mine." Yes, all of my colleges are old friends of mine, too. (Sorry, couldn't resist. I think you were trying to say colleague.)

randyg
08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bsmutz:</font><hr> "Fred is an old friend and college of mine." Yes, all of my colleges are old friends of mine, too. (Sorry, couldn't resist. I think you were trying to say colleague.) <hr /></blockquote>

Thanks, poor fingers.....SPF=randyg

dave666
08-10-2007, 10:16 AM
i know fred and the cuesport billiard academy and he is a great master instructor. as for who's the best teacher.... well the teacher is only as good as his/her pupil.

dave666
08-10-2007, 10:22 AM
well, i know fred very well and he comes into my poolroom in west peoria. i believe fred is still very good at pool,but his eyes are going. so please talk to fred before you try to get him a game he might not be prepared for.
peace love and chicken grease

Deeman3
08-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Another drive by one post slug. Will give up all kinds of spots but never a name. Grow up! Scott Lee is a fine man and very good instructor and doesn't have to hide behind anyone.

Ever consider stepping up yourself insteads of asking Fred to shoot for you?

<font color="blue"> "Well, I can't beat you but _________ can!"

I hate to quote Earl but "be a man...."</font color>

ken_r
08-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Hustl3r's post sounds an awful lot like the "instructor" I had when I was at Cue Sport College. Same writing style as well.

I can't really say anything about Fred's teaching ability as I spent very little time with him. Although I was told Fred was going to be my instructor he was out of town when I arrived. Fred apparently didn't even know I was going to be there.

Instead I got the guy telling me throw and deflection doesn't exist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fran Crimi
08-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey! Who the heck dug up this thread all the way back from Sept. 2006?

According to the post dates and times, looks like this Ken__r person is the first one to post since last Sept.

Looks like someone's looking to dredge up some dirt for whatever personal reasons.

Yuck.

ken_r
08-10-2007, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like someone's looking to dredge up some dirt for whatever personal reasons. <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, it's called getting ripped off.

I suppose I could have started a new thread. But I didn't realize it makes a difference. The point was to hopefully keep someone else from making the same mistake.

Bob_Jewett
08-10-2007, 03:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ken_r:</font><hr> ... Instead I got the guy telling me throw and deflection doesn't exist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>
I hope that person was not a BCA-trained instructor. Both of those things are easy to demonstrate and important to play. If he really said that, and he did not refund your money, I suggest you talk directly to Fred and see if you can get some satisfaction.

Perhaps you misunderstood what he said, but there are still some people around who have not caught onto one or the other or both of those. Very sadly, some of those are instructors.

pooltchr
08-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Absolutely! It only takes about 30 seconds to prove that throw exists. Ditto for deflection. There are some things in physics that you just can't deny!
Steve