PDA

View Full Version : New To Forums, Need help w/ cue ppllzzz

ThePooLman
09-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey guyz just registered, im looking at buying my first cue, i don't have experience w/ a lot of different cue so im not sure how it needs to feel, but i don't like the heavier ones, and i heard that players cues were a good place to start so i found this one online and it seems like a good deal but i wanted so get some of ur opinions... http://billiardswarehouse.com/cues/players/players_pds-30.htm

All opinions and comments welcome!!! Thanks In Advance Everyone.

caedos
09-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Search the archives. If you're going to buy a cue (esp. from a high production company) and your new to the cue purchasing bug, you might decide whether your looking for the 'magic' cue or do you want a good cue at a good price that plays well. There's always another consideration, but those two points are as good a place to start as any. Check for warpage, warranty, manufacturing specs if you can find them (McDermott used to put out a great display for their dealers and a good tri-fold flyer). If it's really important to you, continue to read/e-mail/talk to people. Above all, shoot with as many types of cues as you can and keep track of the shaft specs, tip type and thickness, cue weight, and definitely the type of joint construction. Once you have a cue?

Have fun and shoot well!

Carl

Deeman3
09-20-2006, 02:26 PM
My wife has that exact same cue. She paid $116 for it in a pool room Pro shop. It is a very nice cue and I would not mind playing with it but my cue would get jealous.

DeeMan

ThePooLman
09-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Thanks for the input guyz, i really appreciate it