PDA

View Full Version : Price of gas

Stretch
09-24-2006, 02:53 AM
Well the price of gas has gone way down FINALLY. But we all know we're just one headline away from scaring it back up again. Since it's a given that it will, why don't they just stock pile say a year of reserves at the current price against that inevitablity? or is gouging the consumor too ingrained. St.

pooltchr
09-24-2006, 08:04 AM
Prices have dropped in part because demand has dropped off, as it always does as summer ends. When supply outpaces demand, prices fall. If we start buying more to stockpile, that would increase demand, and probably start driving prices back up. Enjoy it while you can. When the home heating demand for oil increases, you should see gas prices move back up again.
Steve

DickLeonard
09-25-2006, 05:58 AM
Pooltchr yeah right after election day. It is the Oil Companies giving George a boost in the polls. They know if the Dems get in George is going to be impeached. It is the least they can do for all he has done for them.####

eg8r
09-25-2006, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Enjoy it while you can. When the home heating demand for oil increases, you should see gas prices move back up again.
<hr /></blockquote> Well that should not happen with all the global heating that is going on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

pooltchr
09-25-2006, 09:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Pooltchr yeah right after election day. It is the Oil Companies giving George a boost in the polls. They know if the Dems get in George is going to be impeached. It is the least they can do for all he has done for them.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you for another conspiracy theory! Do you actually believe some of the garbage you post, or do you post it just for fun????
Steve

wolfdancer
09-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Steve, I put some stock into it....the oil companies have made record profits during this admin....and "a little help from my friends works both ways"

pooltchr
09-25-2006, 11:30 AM
I could buy into it a little easier if I hadn't seen the same price swings on a smaller scale happen every year in recent memory.
Steve

Qtec
09-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Its a PLAIN FACT that the Oil Co's have made RECORD profits in a time of WAR! Some would call this profiteering.
Where is their sacrifice, or Haliburtons?

I saw a docu where a US mess tent soldier said that the cost per meal was $20 a plate- 3 times a day! It costs $420 a week to just feed one soldier!.........?????????

Q

wolfdancer
09-25-2006, 09:55 PM
It's $48 for a case of coca-cola...one report said...and it's Haliburton feeding the troops

pooltchr
09-26-2006, 05:21 AM
Included in that price is the cost of transportation. How easy is it to distribute meals, supplies, soft drinks etc to troops who are spread out all over the country. Here in the states, they just drop it off at the grocery stores and customers go and get what they need. We don't have that luxury in a war zone. How many Coca-Cola bottling plants do you suppose are located in Iraq? How far from the local grocery store are our troops stationed? How many of our troops are being paid to drive truckloads of food to every area where there are hungary troops? How much gas do those trucks use? It's a little more complex than just saying a meal costs $20. There are hidden costs that are convveniently not mentioned when these figures are quoted.
Steve
Steve

DickLeonard
09-26-2006, 05:23 AM
Wolfdancer ah Haliburton with a little help from my friend I can charge anything I want.

I was wondering if Cheney's Haliburton stock had to be sold before the govt could give them no bid contracts.

With oil co. making 14 billion a quarter than can take 7 billion for one quarter to keep their boy in Office.####

hondo
09-26-2006, 05:32 AM
Instead of calling him a looney, why don't you just
wait &amp; see, genius? That's one " conspiracy theory"
that's dead on.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Pooltchr yeah right after election day. It is the Oil Companies giving George a boost in the polls. They know if the Dems get in George is going to be impeached. It is the least they can do for all he has done for them.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Thank you for another conspiracy theory! Do you actually believe some of the garbage you post, or do you post it just for fun????
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
09-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Hondo,
I didn't call him a looney, I just asked him a question.
As I pointed out, the cycle of oil prices has been pretty predictable over the past few years. Gas prices go up in the spring and early summer as the "driving season" begins. They go down in late summer, and then go back up again in the winter when oil is diverted to provide home heating fuel. It happens every year, whether it is an election year or not.
Steve