PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust

wolfdancer
09-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Thre'll be one less republican vote this time, unless Andy can get an absentee ballot:

Ex-Enron CFO Fastow sentenced to 6 years in prison

By Jim Jelter
Last Update: 1:19 PM ET Sep 26, 2006

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch)-- Former Enron CFO Andrew Fastow was sentenced Tuesday to 6 years in prison for his crimes at the Houston-based energy trading giant. That is less than the 10-year sentence Fastow accepted in 2004 when he agreed to plead guilty to two counts of wire and securities fraud in exchange for testifying against his former bosses, Enron CEOs Kenneth Lay and Jeffrey Skilling. Lay and Skilling, accused of hiding Enron's failing finances from investors and employees, were convicted of fraud and conspiracy in May. Lay died in July, before sentencing. Skilling, preparing an appeal, is scheduled to face sentencing in October. End of Story

web page (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/queen.php)

pooltchr
09-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Are you sure he is a Republican?

Steve

wolfdancer
09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
he was convicted...isn't that proof enough?
If Kenny boy was both a Republican and good friend to the President, and healthy contributer to the "cause"...I'd doubt if any other high ranking officer of the company would not also be a 32cd degree right winger.
it's only a crime when you get caught ... and convicted.

DickLeonard
09-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Wolfdancer Georgie is living proof of its only a crime if indicted then convicted. I think if the Dems get in the first order of Business will be Cheney's record of the meetings in the White House. How stupid are the American people to think that GWB didn't know what Kenny Boy was up to. Georgie Boy did the same thing with Harkin Oil, he never met a company that he didn't want to Bankrupt either.####

eg8r
09-27-2006, 07:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he was convicted...isn't that proof enough? <hr /></blockquote> So all those people indicted in Plame-gate are not Republican?

[ QUOTE ]
If Kenny boy was both a Republican and good friend to the President, and healthy contributer to the "cause"... <hr /></blockquote> Kenny boy was a healthy contributor to both sides.

eg8r

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Ed, are you implying that Ken Lay, friend and confidente of GWB...that had dealings with George to the tune of over $2m.....was politically neutral?
And I'm not sure what your point is about the Plame-Gate matter....is there a connection there to Ken Lay?

eg8r
10-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Somehow I missed this... [ QUOTE ]
Ed, are you implying that Ken Lay, friend and confidente of GWB...that had dealings with George to the tune of over $2m.....was politically neutral? <hr /></blockquote> All I was saying is that he donated to both sides, Cons and Dems. As far as the PlameGate matter, I don't know of any connection. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am sure the left will find a way to devise one sooner or later.

I found this post because I was trying to see when the last time PlameGate came up in discussion (this search only went back 3 months). As I remembered the last few posts, there were supposed to be tons of indictments and people actually going to jail. The left and Q all said they had facts and they continued to post links to news reports about said facts, however, I have not heard anything lately so what happened? The silence from the left is deafening.

As I have stated before, the longer this goes on the less chance of a conviction. If the left has all the facts why isn't Cheney and company in jail?

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Seems like the leak did come from his office...but does the blame stop short of Cheney? I've noticed that news of the incident has come to a grinding halt. Could be there is no proof, or maybe the facts would be too damaging? Maybe it should be swept under the rug.

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 01:14 PM
When the trial starts, people who were not formerly under oath, will be. Dick Cheney, will have to testify, unless they change another law.

Valerie's identy, was secret, under protection. Armatege, has never been identified as the first, to leak her name, by the Prosecutor. Karl Rove, and Scooter Libby, were both discussing her position with the C.I.A., with reporters. Cheney, was in fact, giving the orders to Libby, and his writing on the news article, is proof of that.

This isn't over yet, IMO. Neither is the whole Foley investigation. Others, will be exposed, besides Hastard.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 01:39 PM
We got away from the original thread...Skilling got 24 yrs...way more then expected. I think he "took one for the home team"...12 actually...12 yrs for his part, and 12 to serve for Ken's part.
It might have been white collar crime....but it ruined lives, and even caused many suicides. If I was the judge....I'd say "fry him"

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
The wrost part was when they overturned his conviction, after he was dead. I don't understand that. Is that normally done? Or, was that judge, just helping his heirs to keep all the money he stole from those who were bilked. That should be appealed, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-30-2006, 01:52 PM
Gayle, it's perfectly legal, a defendant found guilty, has the right to appeal the verdict, under the law. So without the appeal process, the judge was legally bound to set aside the verdict.
It definately was a timely death...makes you wonder if...

Gayle in MD
10-30-2006, 02:04 PM
OIC...never knew that.

And...

Yes, very timely. I can see a man headed to jail for the rest of his life, who had put his family through the ringer, making the ultimate sacrifice, in order to insure that his survivors would get all the goods he stole. We'll never know.

Gayle in Md.

eg8r
10-31-2006, 05:59 AM
I don't know, the cronies on your side of the fence here at BD said they had undeniable proof and the prosecutor was going to have a field day. I have been waiting for the big celebration party but the silence is deafening.

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2006, 06:00 AM
I am with ya there.

eg8r

eg8r
10-31-2006, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gayle, it's perfectly legal, <hr /></blockquote> Gayle does not want to be bothered with the law unless is suits her purpose. If she was President right now (still waiting for her and Dick's nomination) she would change the law immeadiately and drag Ken Lay's body out of the grave and set him up in the chair.

eg8r

hondo
10-31-2006, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Gayle, it's perfectly legal, <hr /></blockquote> Gayle does not want to be bothered with the law unless is suits her purpose. If she was President right now (still waiting for her and Dick's nomination) she would change the law immeadiately and drag Ken Lay's body out of the grave and set him up in the chair.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

And your point is? Eg, take a look at your posts.
I've been reduced to smart ass remarks and you've
been reduced to snapping at people's trousers.
I think if you lighten up, others will lighten up
on you. Maybe you're not getting enough sleep.

eg8r
10-31-2006, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And your point is? <hr /></blockquote> You are kidding right?

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-31-2006, 01:14 PM
lol !!!