PDA

View Full Version : A Scathing Attack

wolfdancer
09-26-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't remember a reporter openly insulting, challenging a sitting President, as much as Keith Olbermann did in his recent column."A textbook definition of cowardice" You can either deny or believe in what was written, but the one glaring detail that stands out is....if the right-wing believes that Clinton did not know, nor did not act, re OBL....then they must also agree they did not know, nor act before 9/11....In nine months, a woman can carry a baby to full term.....GWB could not bring intel on OBL to gestation in the same time??? We had a President totally unaware of the threats....for nine months?????? Does this mean that for the first year of a new admin...we are prone to attack as the new President reads up on world affairs, and tries to figure out who are our allies, who are our enemies? From the "only 9 months in office statement" it would seem so.WTF are we paying the intel guys for then?? Maybe we can persuade GWB to stay on, to stay secure..."President for life"....a little monetary offering to his brothers, Shemp and Larry, might do the trick??
If the fault does not lie with GWB, then the blame should go to the intelligence community...many of whom either quit in disgust,or were forced into retirement.
Well, not only was GWB not aware of OBL before the attack....he soon forgot about him afterwards, in his rush to become the "War President".
Sorry for the rant.....you'ld think things would have calmed down here after forcing off the board, Gayle, her quoted articles concerning GWB, and thinly disguised hatred of the man....and also SnakeByte, who had a more even-handed, but equally negative opinion of the destructive forces at work in our Gov't.
By the way, the only defense of GWB I've seen here, is to try to find some bigger fault of Clinton's in which to make a comparision...and so far that has been limited to the ML affair....
As a valid argument...it wouldn't impress a jury... well mabe OJ's jury, but not an intelligent panel.
GWB should either stand on his own merits, or fall on his many failures....Comparisions count little...however he does come off as ignorant of economics as Hoover, as Crooked as Nixon, as inept as Eisenhower, as suffering from a brain disorder as Reagan.
Did I say Shemp and Larry?...I meant Harpo and Chico

reggie182
09-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Olbermann is not a reporter. He is not a journalist. He is a propogandist. Go to www.olbermannwatch.com (http://www.olbermannwatch.com) to learn just how big a wack job Keith Olbermann is. His "news program" has a profoundly bizarre format, as he has imposed a virtual ban on all those who disagree with him from coming on his show. He recently referred to Chris Wallace, a television journalist with over twenty years of experience and respect among his peers, as a "monkey". I could go on, but please visit www.olbermannwatch.com. (http://www.olbermannwatch.com.) It provides an endless amount of evidence for why Olby should be in a straightjacket.

Qtec
09-27-2006, 03:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GWB should either stand on his own merits <hr /></blockquote>

From the recent Intel report.
[ QUOTE ]
The Iraq conflict has become the 'cause celebre'¯ for jihadists, breeding a deep resentment of US involvement in the Muslim world and cultivating supporters for the global jihadist movement.<hr /></blockquote>

Iraq was not involved in the WOT before the US invasion. Now its THE place to go for extremists- just like Afgahnistan was.

[ QUOTE ]
The jihadists' greatest vulnerability is that their ultimate political solution--an ultra-conservative interpretation of sharia-based governance spanning the Muslim world--is unpopular with the vast majority of Muslims. Exposing the religious and political straitjacket that is implied by the jihadists' propaganda would help to divide them from the audiences they seek to persuade. <hr /></blockquote>

Strange isn't it, even Moslims want freedom and human rights - nobody wants to live under oppression.

Q

pooltchr
09-27-2006, 03:57 AM
I agree, the radical Muslim community has seized the war in Iraq as a rallying point for their anti-American sentiment. But then, they have also used cartoons in a Danish newspaper, the Pope in Germany, and many other events to try and build support for their cause. Bottom line is they will use anything they can. The war in Iraq is an easy issue because it is in the news so much. If we were to pull out of Iraq this week, they would hold rallys celebrating their "victory" over the Imperialist American Pigs.
There is a group of people in the world who will do anything, and say anything, if they believe it will further their cause of the destruction of our way of life. They have demonized GW primarily because they are afraid of him. And they have been somewhat successful in brainwashing others to believe they are correct.
Personally, every time I hear of another terrorist or radical whack-o being captured or killed, I feel a little safer.
You might feel different if your country had been attacked as ours was.
Steve

eg8r
09-27-2006, 06:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the rant.....you'ld think things would have calmed down here after forcing off the board, Gayle, her quoted articles concerning GWB, and thinly disguised hatred of the man....and also SnakeByte, who had a more even-handed, but equally negative opinion of the destructive forces at work in our Gov't. <hr /></blockquote> No problem with the rant. I do think there is plenty of blame to go around and to put all of it in W's lap is where the BS begins.

As for Gayle, no one forced her to leave. I thought she was out sailing on her boat enjoying the weather. Gayle just got tired of people not listening to her horrible rants and refusing to drink her kool aid. If what you say is true, I pity her family, they are now burdened with having to put up with the rants since no one here was buying her BS. Gayle was the Ann Coulter of the left.

Too bad about Snake leaving. I really do believe he had his opinion but also wanted to understand why others had differing opinions.

eg8r

Chopstick
09-27-2006, 08:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote reggie182:</font><hr> I could go on, but please visit www.olbermannwatch.com. (http://www.olbermannwatch.com.) It provides an endless amount of evidence for why Olby should be in a straightjacket. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Just as this web site provides an endless amount of evidence that Q should also. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

llotter
09-27-2006, 08:27 AM
I just don’t get it when it comes to this incessant criticism of Bush and the conduct of the war. Everyone on the Left seems to be an expert on how to run the war or how to just run. These Useful Idiots just don’t seem to appreciate the democratic process and want more to undermine their political opponents, lending aid and comfort to the enemy, than supporting our own democracy. There was a debate, there was a vote and they lost. There was a debate and vote in the UN and they, the Left/enemy, lost that too. There have more votes in congress since and they lost all of them by wide margins.

We have a republican form of government that acted by the rules. We have a President who is the Commander-in-Chief and in charge of foreign policy. We have a military that is doing all that can be expected in a unique war with no blueprint for certain success. Within my memory, politics stop at the waters edge. At one time, we used to present a united front in our foreign policy, especially in time of war. And this is how it should be…united we stand, divided we fall.

I can only imagine how much more successful our war effort could be if we presented a united front to our common enemy instead of refighting the vote in Florida, Ohio, Congress and the UN. The left just can’t seem to accept that sometimes they lose (77 to 23). It is not that lock-step endorsement is required by every citizen but it should be demanded of the elected officials when it comes to conducting war. Without the elected leaders so vocally dissenting from what they themselves voted for, there would be much less public dissent providing solace to our enemy.

If the situation ever arises where the President is incompetent to hold his position, a bunch of bi-partisan folks from Congress should take a walk to the White House and do what needs to be done. The truth is, however, these dissenters have little more than hate and lust for power that drive their selfish actions. What should never be done is exactly what is being done…undermine the presidency during wartime and dividing the country.

pooltchr
09-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Larry,
Thank you for reminding everyone here how things are supposed to work. Unfortunately, too many on both sides of the aisle are so focused on winning elections, and undermining the other side, they have forgotten the reason we put them in office in the first place.

When I was a little kid, my older brother and I got into our share of fights. But let the kid down the street start a fight with me, and my brother would be all over him. Seems like even us kids understood this principle better than the "adults" we have in elected office. In spite of internal differences, you look out for your own!
We are all Americans first. (Sorry, Q...didn't mean to exclude you, but this is a family issue! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif)
Steve

hondo
09-27-2006, 10:08 AM
So let me get this right? Even though I feel this is an
insane war that's destroying lives needlessly, costing
us billions that we don't have, &amp; playing into the hands
of terrorism and causing it to grow, all I &amp; others like me
have to do is present a united front for George and
everything will be alright?
I &amp; others are all hate- filled idiots for not buying
into the BS? We are full of hate for not wanting to see
our boys die for nothing?
Gee, thanks, man. I'm glad you straightened me out.
Just what we need on this forum. More sheep. SAD.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> I just don’t get it when it comes to this incessant criticism of Bush and the conduct of the war. Everyone on the Left seems to be an expert on how to run the war or how to just run. These Useful Idiots just don’t seem to appreciate the democratic process and want more to undermine their political opponents, lending aid and comfort to the enemy, than supporting our own democracy. There was a debate, there was a vote and they lost. There was a debate and vote in the UN and they, the Left/enemy, lost that too. There have more votes in congress since and they lost all of them by wide margins.

We have a republican form of government that acted by the rules. We have a President who is the Commander-in-Chief and in charge of foreign policy. We have a military that is doing all that can be expected in a unique war with no blueprint for certain success. Within my memory, politics stop at the waters edge. At one time, we used to present a united front in our foreign policy, especially in time of war. And this is how it should be…united we stand, divided we fall.

I can only imagine how much more successful our war effort could be if we presented a united front to our common enemy instead of refighting the vote in Florida, Ohio, Congress and the UN. The left just can’t seem to accept that sometimes they lose (77 to 23). It is not that lock-step endorsement is required by every citizen but it should be demanded of the elected officials when it comes to conducting war. Without the elected leaders so vocally dissenting from what they themselves voted for, there would be much less public dissent providing solace to our enemy.

If the situation ever arises where the President is incompetent to hold his position, a bunch of bi-partisan folks from Congress should take a walk to the White House and do what needs to be done. The truth is, however, these dissenters have little more than hate and lust for power that drive their selfish actions. What should never be done is exactly what is being done…undermine the presidency during wartime and dividing the country.

<hr /></blockquote>

nAz
09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> So let me get this right? Even though I feel this is an
insane war that's destroying lives needlessly, costing
us billions that we don't have, &amp; playing into the hands
of terrorism and causing it to grow, all I &amp; others like me
have to do is present a united front for George and
everything will be alright?
I &amp; others are all hate- filled idiots for not buying
into the BS? We are full of hate for not wanting to see
our boys die for nothing?
Gee, thanks, man. I'm glad you straightened me out.
Just what we need on this forum. More sheep. SAD.

<hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

Finally you begin to understand, your either with us or with the enemy! you god damn hippie!

llotter
09-27-2006, 10:34 AM
No hondo...as the old joke goes, I'll defend to my death your right to show your ignorance.
What I meant to say, if I was unclear, that elected leaders should live with the vote and cease and desist undermining the country. They have plenty of opportunity in Congress to change things through the democratic process and they have failed to do so. In fact in subsequent votes, they have lost by large, bi-partisan majorities.

DickLeonard
09-27-2006, 10:46 AM
llotter Like I tell Eg8r get your ass in the service if your so gung ho. Thousands of troops can't get out of the Battleground, they keep having their tours extended and don't tell me your to old because there are 60 year old Nat. Guardsmen serving in Iraq.

The Might of the Right is Showing and their Cowards. The only way they can prove otherwise is to flood the Recruitment Halls. You can get 100 to 1 odds in Vegas on that bet. This War has proven that.####

llotter
09-27-2006, 11:03 AM
First, I didn't say anything about either gongho or even that I supported the war. Are you so blinded by your hate that you can't read?? The only point I was made was that if we are united, we would have a much better chance of having a better outcome.

Second, I volunteered and extended my service to go to Viet Nam. You know nothing about me so why do you make such idiotic acusations?

It must irritate the hell out of you to know that the military votes 80% for Bush. Few of these loud mouthed protesters have the courage to fight for anything greater than themselves.

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Hondo,what I read into the post was....the majority rules!!!!
Once the majority party gets elected, then the elected minority party dissenters, should offer unquestioning support for the ruling party's beliefs and mandates.
And by doing so, putting up this united front.....the general populace will also fall in line, as well. I believe it's called the "Lemmings effect" much favored by the right.
I have to take exception though to his statement that the left "knows how to run the war...." Seemed to me that they only questioned why the war was necessary....and now that the WMDs have been removed, Saddam has been deposed, and free elections have been held....."mission accomplished!" the left would like to bring the boys back home, with both arms and both legs intact.
Maybe he could explain the "united front" theorum to the election losers in Iraq.
Moving on...the left should forget that the elections in Fla, and Ohio may have been fraudulent....and just accept that they lost. Sounds fair to me "crying over spilt milk...." I guess though, they might not want to see the process repeated, or spread to the national level.
I gotta admit though....it's extremely hard to accept the fact that GWB is CinC of the Armed Forces.
It's harder still for this group, "West Point Graduates Against The War" to accept that fact

web page (http://www.westpointgradsagainstthewar.org/laws_and_treat%C4%B1es_violated_by_pr.htm)
web page (http://principledprofit.blogspot.com/2006/05/west-pointers-get-cease-desist-letter.html)

Hey, this guy, Shel Horowitz is a good read, interesting guy.
I caught this heading ...
"US Knew All Along: Trailers Were NOT Bioweapons Labs"
and thought he was talking about the FEMA trailors..but turned out to be trailors in Iraq.
And I guess I missed this, first time around...Rumsfield made a cool $5m profit, after his former company was selected to develop the bird flu vaccine, tamiflu.
he even writ a song about it, for Debby Reynolds to record:
I hear the cottonwoods whisperin' above,
"Tami ... Tami ... Tami I love"
The ole hooty-owl hooty-hoos to the dove,
"Tami ... Tami ... Tami I love"

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Snake is not posting, but keeps up with the board, and occasionally sends me some interesting links. He has found a couple of sites where things like politics,eonomics, history, and philosophy are discussed at a very intelligent level. Soon as I complete my undergraduate work here, I'll try for admission there.
Gayle may be taking the war, and Bush, at a too personal level....she's passionate about her politics, and visiting the Veteran's Hospital, she sees the horrors of war, in our maimed and crippled veterans....

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 11:36 AM
You may not like him, and you may believe all that is written on that site.....but just like most of the posts here in defense of the Bush admin....nobody refutes the accusations...they just attack the guy asking the questions.
Like this: [ QUOTE ]
It's the Democracy, Stupid! Media Goon Squad Attacks Thomas

Unbelievable! The goon squad is going after veteran White House correspondent Helen Thomas, one of the few people in the White House Press Corps who actually still remembers how to ask an intelligent question or engage in critical thought.

Earth to Planet Bill O'Reilly: do you and your "colleagues" need a refresher course in the First Amendment?

It goes like this:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

You say we're in Iraq to to fight for democracy--well, how about a little democracy at home?

Thomas was absolutely in line to ask why GWB took us to war in Iraq. After all, nobody's found any weapons of mass destruction, Al Queda had no significant presence there until after the US attacked (though it certainly has one now, thanks to the predictably myopic policies of the Bush administration), and the enemy that had attacked us was thousands of miles away in Afghanistan.

Bush, who almost never calls on Thomas and rarely calls on other reporters he can expect to ask hard questions (such as NPR's Don Gonyea), gave a rambling, unfocused, and materially incorrect answer, and then patted himself on the back for taking a question from Thomas. Did he get attacked for this shameful, embarrassing performance? No--the attacks were against Helen Thomas.

O'Reilly:"I would have laid into that woman, and I don't care how old she is,"
Don Imus: "The old bag should shut up and get out. I'm sick of her."
Ticker Carlson: "Propagandist."

Hey, pundits--the reason we have a First Amendment is that our Founding Fathers recognized the importance of an open press wiling to examine critically the actions of those in power whether in government or in the private sector. Questioning a policy based on lies and foggy vision is a high act of patriotism, IMHO.

Or perhaps the O'Reillys and Imuses of the world think that Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin were unpatriotic scum. King George would have agreed with them, but he had some reasons. the ability to criticize was written into the Constitution by these true American heroes over 200 years ago, and thank goodness for their foresight.

posted by Shel Horowitz, author, Principled Profit @ 6:13 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

hondo
09-27-2006, 11:47 AM
So, with 20 posts you've already used words like
" idiot" &amp; " show your ignorarance". You're a really
classy guy, Larry, &amp; you fit right in with some of
the ones on here. Baa. Baa. Baa.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> No hondo...as the old joke goes, I'll defend to my death your right to show your ignorance.
What I meant to say, if I was unclear, that elected leaders should live with the vote and cease and desist undermining the country. They have plenty of opportunity in Congress to change things through the democratic process and they have failed to do so. In fact in subsequent votes, they have lost by large, bi-partisan majorities. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
09-27-2006, 11:53 AM
Wolfie, what I read into his posts is another
arrogant a**hole who resorts to calling people
idiots if they don't buy into his vision.
I think I'll ignore this character.

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Yeah, we are all just expressing our opinions here...in fact there were complaints about trying to back them up with factual reports...
AND, opinions are like buttholes...everybody has one, but the extremists of the right seem to have more than their share.

SPetty
09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...occasionally sends me some interesting links. He has found a couple of sites where things like politics,eonomics, history, and philosophy are discussed at a very intelligent level. <hr /></blockquote>Could you post some of those interesting links?

llotter
09-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Gosh, I didn't realize I was introducing something novel by advocating the democratic process but I guess those on the far left never quite accepted that principle. And, FYI, we don't elect parties in this country, but individuals who should vote for what they believe is right, that is the definition of a republic or representative government. I wouldn’t call it a ‘lemming effect’ just because you agree with some group. Hopefully you have thought about the issues and support like minded people. Can’t you resist a cheap shot.

There were a lot of investigations of the Florida vote but the results were the same. It is not all that unusual for there to be close elections but it is unusual for the losers to act as if every close election translates to fraud. There was a lot of evidence that Nixon won in 1960 because of yet another fraud perpetrated by the ends-justify-the-means Democrats but Nixon thought it best for the country to concede anyway. Had Nixon made a legal case out of the Daly ballot stuffing, the war in Viet Nam might have been avoided.

There was a vote in the Senate to withdraw from Iraq within a year, authored by Kerry, just this past June, and it was defeated 87 to 13. I guess they aren’t that anxious to act as strongly as their bombast would indicate. The Iraqis do have a lot to learn about the democratic process and maybe they never will but it sometimes looks like we are following their example instead setting a good one ourselves.

And, I am not a supporter of Bush and I’m working to defeat Republicans wherever I can. They do not deserve to get re-elected.

pooltchr
09-27-2006, 01:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> Wolfie, what I read into his posts is another
arrogant a**hole who resorts to calling people
idiots if they don't buy into his vision.
I think I'll ignore this character. <hr /></blockquote>

Good plan. Put him on "ignore". While your at it, why not put me and Ed on ignore as well. That way, you won't have to read anything by someone who doesn't see things your way.

Larry, don't worry about Dick. I think he is in reality an Army recruiter. He's been trying to get people to enlist on this forum forever! But then he doesn't understand why the military overwhelmingly supports the administration.

Steve

Chopstick
09-27-2006, 01:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> ...occasionally sends me some interesting links. He has found a couple of sites where things like politics,eonomics, history, and philosophy are discussed at a very intelligent level. <hr /></blockquote>Could you post some of those interesting links? <hr /></blockquote>

There used to intelligent posts here but they got fed up with kind of carp and left.

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But then he doesn't understand why the military overwhelmingly supports the administration. <hr /></blockquote>
Uh...maybe because they have to???
why is it then, that so many retired personnel, including Generals have come out against the running of this war, and demanded the Resignation of Rumsfield?
We don't have the normal conscripted, and patrioticly enlisted armed forces of the past. Most of these men and boys were lured by the bonus $$ to join...and now find themselves on their fourth tour of duty....like playing a game of Russian roullete, that never ends. I believe I've read where men in thier mid thirties, family men, but former vets have been called back to duty.
Seems to me this war needs a draft to fairly supply it with the manpower needed to "win"....but reinstating the draft would be political suicide. While you don't like polls...a recent Gallop poll shows that the majority place the greater blame on GWB for 9/11. Saddam came in a distant fourth, behind PeeWee Herman.

llotter
09-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Your words are practically dripping with hate. The term ‘Useful Idiot’ has a long history in political discourse and I used it in a general sense and not specific which I think is okay in a reasonable argument, e.g.:

Bruce C. Thornton, a professor of Classics at Cal State Fresno wrote:
"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement, reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam."

With respect to the ‘show your ignorance’ comment, I clearly identified that as a joke.

I wonder is it is possible to have a discussion with those on the Left that are so quick to resort to ad hominem attacks. My point, which I thought worthwhile and at least deserving consideration, about the democratic process hasn’t been responded to yet

I try in all of my posts to make reasoned points and avoid personal attacks.

pooltchr
09-27-2006, 03:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> While you don't like polls...a recent Gallop poll shows that the majority place the greater blame on GWB for 9/11. Saddam came in a distant fourth, behind PeeWee Herman.

<hr /></blockquote>

I wonder where they took the poll. Iran??? or maybe in a Porn theater????

To blame GW for 9-11 is about the most ignorant thing I have heard. To hear the left tell it, he isn't smart enough to come up with a plot that detailed. But then, many on the left blame GW for everything bad in the world.
Steve

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Steve, the poll showed that more people here believe the failure to prevent 911 lies greater on Bush than Clinton...I wasn't very clear, sorry. And since GWB admits there was no connection between Saddam and 9/11....that would make him as equally to blame as PeeWee, IMHO....who may have been too busy in the porn theatres, as you say.

wolfdancer
09-27-2006, 04:42 PM
You, sir, embellish all your posts with phrases like "useful idiots", and just plain outright insults.
Well I should have known you were just joking after some earlier, warped posts regarding labor history/the mininum wage/etc.

But, fun aside,I'm giving up...I've never read anybody I agree with less then you.
I won't call you an idiot, like you have called others...
to paraphrase my old Fire Chief...." a man's got to be pretty smart,to write(do) something that stupid"
He was talking about a guy who placed a space heater in a downstairs closet and ducted the heat upstairs....and almost burnt the house down.
You seem to be trying to start some fires here yourself.

Bruce C. Thornton, a professor of Classics at Cal State Fresno wrote:
"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement, reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam."

Lenin may have written those words, and Mr. Thornton may have quoted them......but to append your ideas onto the same quoted paragraph...is a "no-no"....ask your Prof. Thornton, who it seems was smart enough not to include his thoughts on top of Lenin's

llotter
09-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I reviewed all of my previous posts and haven't found any insults to other posters other than criticizing the Left and their policies consistently and if you take that as a personal insult, I can only quote Harry ‘giv’em hell’ Truman when he said, ‘I’ll just tell’em the truth and they’ll think it’s hell’. Frankly, I really don’t understand why you would take such comments personally because you didn’t create the policies. And, as the recipient of multiple personal attacks, I can testify that left wing writers here can hardly think about the ‘right’ and maintain a civil discourse.

Furthermore, those were not Lenin’s words that I quoted but were from Mr. Thornton and too whom I gave attribution, perfectly correct.

I am still looking for a response to my basic point concerning the democratic process. Is it really that the Left doesn’t believe in democracy when they find themselves in the minority?

hondo
09-28-2006, 05:02 AM
There was a lot of evidence that Nixon won in 1960 because of yet another fraud perpetrated by the ends-justify-the-means Democrats but Nixon thought it best for the country to concede anyway. Had Nixon made a legal case out of the Daly ballot stuffing, the war in Viet Nam might have been avoided.

.................................................. ..
Please explain that assertion. I'm all ears.

wolfdancer
09-28-2006, 09:16 AM
I submitted some of your posts to the "learned sites" and they said you weren't ready yet...... they don't accept my postings either....so I'll stick with pool, instead of politics