PDA

View Full Version : NOBODY BEATS THE GYPSY

07-14-2002, 11:42 PM
www.JIPZ.COM (http://www.JIPZ.COM)

07-15-2002, 12:58 AM
spam... isn't that meat that comes in a small square can?

Chris Cass
07-15-2002, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: gypsy:</font><hr> spam... isn't that meat that comes in a small square can? <hr></blockquote>

Yep, and it tastes like crapola. My father-in-law likes it. Yuck

Cueless Joey
07-15-2002, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Chris Cass:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: gypsy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; spam... isn't that meat that comes in a small square can? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

Yep, and it tastes like crapola. My father-in-law likes it. Yuck

<hr></blockquote>............
He must be Hawiian. Spam's hot in Hawaii. Spam fried rice, Spam SUSHI, Spam in a skewer, you name it, they do it. :-)
I hate to confess but I like Spam once in a while.

cheesemouse
07-15-2002, 11:19 AM
ehmmmmmmmm fried spam sandwich ehmmmmmmmmm..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

07-15-2002, 11:19 AM
I thought I was the only one who liked SPAM.
I think it tastes especially good right after I have
finished drinking my second 6 pack of Bud. As for gypsys post, as least he had the rocks to put his name to the post.
Since he is new, maybe he didn't read all the conditions
of posting here. I think by this time he has got the message.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-15-2002, 11:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Cueless Joey:</font><hr>
He must be Hawiian. Spam's hot in Hawaii. Spam fried rice, Spam SUSHI, Spam in a skewer, you name it, they do it. :-)

<hr></blockquote>

I heard they developed a taste for it from all the military prescence there during and after WWII.

07-15-2002, 11:42 AM
mmmm... Green Eggs and Spam. Damn Gypsy's. Oh well, but seriously there are alot of really great pictures on this web site that collectors and buyers can use for reference when buying cues (elsewhere or here). In fact this website JIPZ (Proficient Billiards), being one of the more informative sites in billiards, has gotten a lot of hits before from this forum from people using it as a point of reference in discussions.

Take it easy,
Scot "the Gypsy"

07-15-2002, 11:52 AM
If you have some spam, isn't it proper to share it?

heater451
07-15-2002, 11:57 AM
Actually, I didn't see anything in the "Board Rules" that prohibits posting a link to your own site--although, I don't recall if there was a Terms of Agreement restriction. (The Admin does reserve the right to delete, however.)

Anyway, it's just a link to a product/service, that some may find useful, and it's not like he threw it in every thread. Nor is it anything like, "Make Zillion$ by Working at Home", "Need a New Mortgage", or "Enlarge Your [Favorite body part(s) here]".

Also, no one ever seems upset, when a link to someone's site is posted by a non-related person, so is the issue with self-promotion?

DISCLAIMER: I am in no way associated or affiliated with the JIPZ.com dude.

========================

Cueless Joey
07-15-2002, 12:06 PM
Please no more cue websites. A lot of us are here are going to Cue Buying Anonymous right now. The average poster here has 20 cues. Not counting house cues.
Cases? Don't even go there.

07-15-2002, 02:13 PM
thanks for the info heater

MikeM
07-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Who else, after reading this thread, is singing the Spam song from Monty Python's Flying Circus?!?

MM...Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam......................................

Q-guy
07-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Actually you have been discussed in the past and have been recommended many times Now that I hear from you in person I think I won't recommend you in the future. You don't come across very business like. You sound like a goofball.

07-15-2002, 05:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Q-guy:</font><hr> ...I think I won't recommend you in the future. You don't come across very business like. You sound like a goofball. <hr></blockquote>

you come across as a very unhappy person /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif

Q-guy
07-15-2002, 07:39 PM
Not sure why you think I am unhappy, but regardless, in business perception is everything. His, was a misguided attempt to promote his business. Perhaps he read a book, or took a seminar on getting rich on the Internet, I don't know. Posting to news groups are one of the things they always recommend. Unless it is done right though and very discretely, it backfires on you. You come off as unprofessional. That is all I was saying.

07-15-2002, 09:22 PM
And of course, who could ever forget the Spam Lamb?! (M*A*S*H, episode whatever, I think it was an Easter episode) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

JohnnyP
07-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Scott: Good job. I'm glad I clicked.

07-16-2002, 12:04 AM
I knew that this forum would be much like a chat room and now I know why I never entered it before. This will definitely be the last post that I ever make, but not the last response from me. Q-GUY why don't you put your website up so that we may all critic it? Because let me tell you this, I have not gotten where I am without blood, sweat, and tears. Oh... and to all reading this, you have to ask yourself what kind of credit a person has that does not even put there email address in their profile. Mine is right there... what you see is what you get!!! I will put my suit and tie on when I work on your cue, Q-guy.... maybe not, send it elsewhere.

TomBrooklyn
07-16-2002, 12:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: gypsy:</font><hr> This will be the last post that I ever make...<hr></blockquote>Just like a Gypsy. Never staying in one place.

P.S. Nice cue repair work.

Cueless Joey
07-16-2002, 12:20 AM
Let's all forgive and forget.
Let's start with finishing discount.
I have this cue, I would really like to get it refinished for a good price.:-)
Goddang a 900 dollar CK cue and finish is crap. Oops, did I mention the name?

07-16-2002, 12:21 AM
thanks Tom....

Cueless Joey
07-16-2002, 12:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: gypsy:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; This will be the last post that I ever make...&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;Just like a Gypsy. Never staying in one place.

P.S. Nice cue repair work. <hr></blockquote>.....
Yeah, that finish looks like glass. Must be a lot of wet sanding work and UV finish. That Lambros looks like it should belong to me. Come to daddy Lamros.

07-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Tom,
That is one awesome site that you have www.parkslopebilliards.com (http://www.parkslopebilliards.com) with all of the advanced flash animation. I hope someday to be able to do all of those things. My hat goes off to you or your website designer. Let's keep the internet interesting for the billiard community.

07-16-2002, 12:31 AM
Clueless... call me anytime or email from my site www.proficientbilliards.com (http://www.proficientbilliards.com) and I will take care of you. Thanks Man....

TomBrooklyn
07-16-2002, 06:35 AM
Gypsy,
You must be refering to www.parkslopebilliards.com (http://williamfuentes.com/>http://williamfuentes.com/</a>) site which is where I play. I'll pass on the compliment though. Cheers,