PDA

View Full Version : best cue tip?

easyout2
09-28-2006, 08:37 PM
I am putting a new tip on my cue. I want a good one, but I don't know which is the best all-around tip. I would like to hear what other people think. My last one (it was a schon) didn't last long. I play with a hard tip.

StormHotRod300
10-04-2006, 12:53 AM
I believe a Schon comes with a WaterBuffalo Extra Hard tip? i could be wrong.

Anyways, I've been using a Triangle tip for the past couple of months and it works just fine! its more of a medium tip. Which is what i look for.

I've played with Moori Med, Le-pro, Truimph, Tiger Redline, Stingray.

Alot of it is personal preference and what you look for in a tip.

Moori's are nice but they cost around 30$ to have them put on. I didnt like how they seemed to glaze over really quickly after scuffing them up. But they do allow you to put some super english on the CB lol.

Le-Pro and Triumph are your basic solid med to hard tip and are good tips if you tend to go through them alot and dont mind the occasional tip that isnt like the last one you had lol.

Tiger Redline is similar to a Moori. Some say they are better or worse, but its still a good layer'd tip.

Stingray are a hard layer'd tip. they start out like a med- soft tip but once they get broken in, they are hard, and glaze over quickly. But play nice for a hard tip. In my area i was able to get them for 8$ which wasnt bad for a layer'd tip.

MrLucky
10-05-2006, 06:29 AM
Moori hards or mediums all the way!!!!1 The choice depnds on your style and level of play!/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dr_dave
10-05-2006, 06:55 AM
FYI, you can find some good cue tip advice under "cue tip" here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/threads.html).

Regards,
Dave
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote easyout2:</font><hr> I am putting a new tip on my cue. I want a good one, but I don't know which is the best all-around tip. I would like to hear what other people think. My last one (it was a schon) didn't last long. I play with a hard tip. <hr /></blockquote>

c.holtz009
10-05-2006, 09:31 AM
All I can say is "Sniper"

1hit1der
10-05-2006, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote c.holtz009:</font><hr> All I can say is "Sniper" <hr /></blockquote>

I second that sentiment. I've even tried Moori's, but for my feel, Sniper's are best.

SpiderMan
10-05-2006, 12:36 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote easyout2:</font><hr> I am putting a new tip on my cue. I want a good one, but I don't know which is the best all-around tip. I would like to hear what other people think. My last one (it was a schon) didn't last long. I play with a hard tip. <hr /></blockquote>

Stock tip on most Schons I have worked on seems to be a black fiber pad with a black WB on top of it. If this wears out fast for you, you must do a lot of scuffing. Probably you will not not get longer wear without going to a very hard layered tip.

SpiderMan

Rich R.
10-05-2006, 04:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote c.holtz009:</font><hr> All I can say is "Sniper" <hr /></blockquote>

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 1hit1der:</font><hr> I second that sentiment. I've even tried Moori's, but for my feel, Sniper's are best. <hr /></blockquote>

Many others, on this and other forums, have praised the Sniper tips. I must be the only one who was not satisfied with them.

In July, while at the Va. State 9-ball tournament, I had a Sniper installed on one of my cues. After only a few hours of play, it had totally lost its radius shape and flattened out. Of course, I had to reshape it, which substantially reduced the size of the tip. From that point on, it held up fairly well, with normal periodic reshaping. It actually played fairly well.

Recently, I noticed what appeared to be small cracks in the side of the tip, which I am assuming was the start of the layers delaminating. For me, that was the last straw.

Since I seem to be the only one who has had this problem, maybe I got a bad tip. I have since had it replaced and I will not be getting another Sniper.

BillPorter
10-06-2006, 07:52 AM
I'm wondering if you got a fake Sniper? Or maybe you just had bad luck and got a bad Sniper. I really like mine.

BillPorter
10-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Sniper.

c.holtz009
10-06-2006, 10:35 AM
I have never had a problem with the Snipers, and I've been using them for about two years now.