PDA

View Full Version : Why is it that audience @ Pro Tourney clap after..

nAz
07-14-2002, 11:57 PM
...Just about every shot made? I mean they make a simple shot get great position and
then right a way they clap like its never been done before. and when they make a
bank shot look out.
these people are pros you expect them to do this with ease even with pressure
when i play someone better then me i rarely tap my cue butt on the floor when they
make a bank shot. now if its a shitty player making a good shot and position then im
tapping my cue snapping my fingers and saying great shot, cause that player
is not expected to make it. anyway if i ever got half as good as the top pros i guess i would
prefer the audience to hold their clapping till the 9 ball get sunk or if i make a really
hard ass shot... JMO

Cueless Joey
07-15-2002, 12:53 AM
Because they are ill-informed? LOL

CarolNYC
07-15-2002, 03:24 AM
Hey Naz,
I think its the adrenalin pumping!ha ha ha
Have a nice day!
Carol

Rich R.
07-15-2002, 04:03 AM
Naz, this has been discussed many times on this board.
At these TV events, the audience is told by the TD to make as much noise as possible whenever anything happens. They say is makes it more exciting on TV for non-players.
Most of us don't agree, but that is the way it is done.
Don't blame the crowd. Most are very knowledgable. Blame the idiotic TV people at ESPN.
Rich R.

jjinfla
07-15-2002, 05:08 AM
Hey nAz, Maybe the audiance is more knowledgeable about the game than you are and being there in person see the route that the CB had to take to get perfect position and appreciate it when the pro performs perfectly. Maybe you should go to one of these events and pay the $75 to $100 for the seat and we will see if you too don't applaud. LOL Jake

nAz
07-15-2002, 09:04 AM
Last one i went to was @ VF WPBA... and your right in the finals they did say to the audience "act exciting you maybe be on ESPN" or something like that. however they were clapping for all the other non televised matches. ohwell ill just have to live with it /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rich R.
07-15-2002, 09:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: nAz:</font><hr> Last one i went to was @ VF WPBA... and your right in the finals they did say to the audience "act exciting you maybe be on ESPN" or something like that. however they were clapping for all the other non televised matches. ohwell ill just have to live with it /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>
In my experience, at Valley Forge, it is a relatively knowledgeable crowd and, during non-televised matches, they do applaud, at appropriate times, for good shots. However, with nine (I think) tables going at one time, you may not be looking at the table where the good shot was made. Therefore, you won't have a clue why people are clapping. This happens at any tournament with multiple matches at one time.
I see nothing wrong with applauding a well played shot or match. Players at other tables do not seem to be distracted by the applause.
Rich R.

9 Ball Girl
07-15-2002, 02:00 PM
And...the Pros should be used to it. They're at a level, IMO, in which they can zone out and just concentrate on the table and the shots that they're making. It took me about a year to get used to people watching me while I play! These guys are being watched by millions (is that an exaggeration?) and are under the scrutiny of television cameras and such. They should be used to it.

07-15-2002, 03:14 PM
at sporting events such as pool the audience is usually made up of spectator type people who travel long distances &amp; pay money for a place to sit. these people have the knowledge, understanding, &amp; experence of the game to acknowledge a job well done by putting their hands together, taking them apart then putting them together again in a rapid motion thus making a clapping sound to show appreciation.

HALF OF BEING SMART IS BEING ABLE TO RECOGNIZE HOW DUMB YOU ARE

nAz
07-16-2002, 08:34 PM
i c so next time i c a pro make a stop shot i will put my hands together taking them apart then putting them together again in a rapid motion thus making a clapping sound to show appreciation. [censored]aHole

9 Ball Girl
07-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Naz baby! I got your back!

Wendy~~no need for the insults between CCB'ers

nAz
07-16-2002, 10:48 PM
thanks I could use someone to take care of my lite work.

07-17-2002, 07:33 AM
sorry, bubba, did not mean to offend. it was not my intention to be rude or crude. just wanted to point out that in many ways the people in the seats are the best part of the show. if your allowed to applaud you may also boo, hiss or give the occasional rasberry. get involved, show some spirt. those "PROS" depend on the fans.

lite work huh? come on down tables open
you get any autographs

Rich R.
07-17-2002, 07:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: simsd:</font><hr> sorry, bubba, did not mean to offend. it was not my intention to be rude or crude. just wanted to point out that in many ways the people in the seats are the best part of the show. if your allowed to applaud you may also boo, hiss or give the occasional rasberry. get involved, show some spirt. those "PROS" depend on the fans.

lite work huh? come on down tables open
you get any autographs <hr></blockquote>
I agree Simsd. The crowd is part of the show at any sporting event. Can you imagine a football game where the fans only made noise after spectacular plays? It is not like a running play up the middle for 2 yards has never been done before, but the crowd still cheers. There is also nothing new to be done in any other sport, but the crowds still cheers. Please allow the crowd, however small it may be, at a pool event the same opportunity to clap and cheer if they desire.
Rich R.

07-17-2002, 10:50 AM
Bubba?? lol ok u win... i have no come back for Bubba

07-17-2002, 11:58 AM
in Lousisiana BUBBA is used as a term of endearment for a male child -- BUBBESS is used for a female type child --- both mean "GOODUN, ITS A KEEPER"

07-17-2002, 01:20 PM
funny i always pictured Boss Hog from the dukes of Hazard when i here the name Bubba

nAz
07-17-2002, 01:25 PM
opps forgot to register again