PM'd me threatening me with a lawsuit.
Being a poor man with 2 kids hopefully heading for
college, I shut up.
Now this same butthead who threatened me ought to
go over to AZ's IPT site.
Man, he'd have 100's of lawsuits to threaten people
with. My comments were nothing next to what I have
read on the internet.
Sincerely, Hondo ( still burning over being threatened)

Deeman3
09-29-2006, 11:25 AM
KT is a public figure by choice. If he can't stand the heat, he can sponsor a checkers tournament.

DeeMan

hondo
09-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Right. Well, like I said;it wasn't him who threatened me.
It was one of your old buddies.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> KT is a public figure by choice. If he can't stand the heat, he can sponsor a checkers tournament.

DeeMan <hr /></blockquote>

Deeman3
09-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Then my old buddy is an idiot.

DeeMan

SpiderMan
10-01-2006, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Then my old buddy is an idiot.

I didn't know you had any "old" buddies /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan

ras314
10-01-2006, 05:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> Then my old buddy is an idiot.

I didn't know you had any "old" buddies /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

One maybe? Sure wasn't me though /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Scott Lee
10-02-2006, 11:17 AM
I happened to give Deno Andrews a call this morning, to get the "scoop" on what happened with the IPT players' checks.
He assured me that all players have been contacted via email and telephone; they have ALL responded, and are satisfied with the schedule of payment that is now set up. I, for one, believe him. The players will be paid. It is a big business...a new one... and sometimes glitches occur. Hopefully things will work better in future events. I'm really looking forward to being able to attend the Chicago event next month.

Scott Lee

hondo
10-02-2006, 11:24 AM
That's great news. Deno Andrews has always been respected
on the forums.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I happened to give Deno Andrews a call this morning, to get the "scoop" on what happened with the IPT players' checks.
He assured me that all players have been contacted via email and telephone; they have ALL responded, and are satisfied with the schedule of payment that is now set up. I, for one, believe him. The players will be paid. It is a big business...a new one... and sometimes glitches occur. Hopefully things will work better in future events. I'm really looking forward to being able to attend the Chicago event next month.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

ras314
10-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Scott, I sure hope it works out ok. To many people with a lot of time and money involved in the IPT for it to turn sour now. Any info on the Ho buy out?

Scott Lee
10-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Deno told me that the buyout, in part, was some of the cause for the delays in payments. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Scott Lee

DickLeonard
10-04-2006, 07:13 PM
scottLee it is starting to smell like Pool of OLD.####

Timberly
10-04-2006, 07:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I happened to give Deno Andrews a call this morning, to get the "scoop" on what happened with the IPT players' checks.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

I know that a generic email was sent to the players with another promise of payment... to come at an unspecified time. I know of no player that has been contacted by the IPT staff and I talked to two players today that did not respond to the email.

I've talked to numerous people from players to vendors within the industry that have talked to Deno in the last month since Reno and he's lied to all of them. Everyone that's spoken to Deno or Lindsay in the last month have been told that the checks will go out tomorrow or in a couple of days. On Thur they said the checks were being send FedEx to the players on Fri and then Sat or Sun all the players got the generic email from KT about checks going out in the future at some point.

In the begining I believed Deno too. One month and a ton of lies later (have you heard some of the excuses they've given the players?) I will not believe anything any of them say. I'll only believe what I see.... while the IPT's 3 and half weeks of complete silence was deafening, actions still speak louder than words. Deno has said a lot of lies this past month. It's time to stop talking and start producing to all the players. There are some players that are seriously struggling due to this.

Rich R.
10-05-2006, 02:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Timberly:</font><hr> In the begining I believed Deno too. One month and a ton of lies later (have you heard some of the excuses they've given the players?) I will not believe anything any of them say. I'll only believe what I see.... while the IPT's 3 and half weeks of complete silence was deafening, actions still speak louder than words. Deno has said a lot of lies this past month. It's time to stop talking and start producing to all the players. There are some players that are seriously struggling due to this. <hr /></blockquote>
I have always thought that Deno was hired to give some credibility to the IPT. He has a good reputation and he has always been a stand up guy. I am wondering if, in this situation, he doesn't really know what is going on with the money and he is being lied to, by the man at the top? Just a thought.

catscradle
10-05-2006, 04:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> ... they have ALL responded, and are satisfied with the schedule of payment that is now set up. I, for one, believe him....<hr /></blockquote>

"Schedule of payment", lol. Scott some day I hope to get a lesson from you. Let's say we agree 3 hour at your regular rate of 75/hr, the 3 hours go by and I say "Scott, I don't have the money, let's setup a 'schedule of payment'". First of all, would that be right? Well that's what happened to those players. Secondly, you would probably accept it because the alternative is no money, but would you be satisfied? I think not.
Deno may say the players are satisfied, Deno may even believe the players are satisfied, the players may even say they're satisfied, but I very much doubt that they indeed are. The only payment schedule that would have been satisfactory is cash on the barrelhead at the end of the tournament.
It really disappoints me that Deno has become associated with KT. The are definitely not cut from the same cloth.

Timberly
10-05-2006, 07:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>I have always thought that Deno was hired to give some credibility to the IPT.<hr /></blockquote>
At the Open, more than one IPT player referred to Deno as a pompous pr!@k. This had nothing to do with the non-payment and everything to do with the way he acts towards others... staff and players. One staff member relayed the following to a friend of mine... "his personality is such that even when you agree with him, he's still more right than you are." I've had supervisors like that in my lifetime... they can make a fun job quite miserable.

Take away the IPT, KT, and everything else... I've learned enough about Deno the person that I no longer have any respect for him. Rich, your scenario is definitely a plausible one. Considering his CEO title, or whatever title it is that he's sporting today, I personally have a hard time believing this is the case. I've got my own reasons for the loss of respect I have for Deno... the lying and the check fiasco isn't the cause, it's just reinforcement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
10-06-2006, 03:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Timberly:</font><hr>At the Open, more than one IPT player referred to Deno as a pompous pr!@k. This had nothing to do with the non-payment and everything to do with the way he acts towards others... staff and players. One staff member relayed the following to a friend of mine... "his personality is such that even when you agree with him, he's still more right than you are." I've had supervisors like that in my lifetime... they can make a fun job quite miserable.

Take away the IPT, KT, and everything else... I've learned enough about Deno the person that I no longer have any respect for him. Rich, your scenario is definitely a plausible one. Considering his CEO title, or whatever title it is that he's sporting today, I personally have a hard time believing this is the case. I've got my own reasons for the loss of respect I have for Deno... the lying and the check fiasco isn't the cause, it's just reinforcement. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Timberly, I have never met Dino in person. I only know him through the forums. Although you can get some personal impressions from reading posts, you don't really get to know the person.
Thank you for another perspective, concerning Dino.

Fran Crimi
10-06-2006, 05:35 AM
Just a guess, here, Timberly. I'm wondering if this all has something to do with the sale of the IPT and who is supposed to do the paying-out. I don't have any inside info at all. I'm just wondering because I know Deno and one thing I've never associated with him is as a liar. That he ain't. Yep, he may be a little pompus at times, but I've always attributed that to a 3C thing. Seems to go with the territory with those guys. The pompus thing has it's down side but it sure beats low-life trash talking. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm not saying something isn't remiss here...it seems that there is, but I wouldn't be so quick to blame Deno. I suspect he's just the messenger here, but he can't tell you that.

Fran

catscradle
10-06-2006, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fran Crimi:</font><hr> ... I'm just wondering because I know Deno and one thing I've never associated with him is as a liar. That he ain't...

<hr /></blockquote>
Of course, just because he isn't a liar, doesn't mean he isn't speaking a mistruth which he believes is the truth.

And I agree about the "3-c thing". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jjinfla
10-12-2006, 05:38 PM
Scott,

Can you give Deno another call and see what he says now.

Enquiring minds would like to know.

After all it has been 32 days with no payout and no believable information.

Jake