PDA

View Full Version : politics/religion.....JUST SAY NO!!!

IA8baller
10-01-2006, 05:20 AM
Just say NO to any/all religions/politics......you'll be MUCH happier /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

pooltchr
10-01-2006, 05:39 AM
There goes one minute of my life that I will never be able to get back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Steve

wolfdancer
10-01-2006, 08:46 AM
It took you a minute to read that??? Don't buy any books, esp. by Tolstoy.

IA8baller
10-01-2006, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> There goes one minute of my life that I will never be able to get back! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

I'm sure you've wasted many, many more minutes on other things not worth a hoot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

llotter
10-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Fron Wikipedia:

"Idiot" was originally used in ancient Greek city-states to refer to people who were overly concerned with their own self-interest and ignored the needs of the community. Declining to take part in public life, such as (semi-)democratic government of the polis (city state), such as the Athenian democracy, was considered dishonorable. "Idiots" were seen as having bad judgment in public and political matters.

Drop1
10-01-2006, 06:28 PM
So that would make Bush an idiot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cushioncrawler
10-01-2006, 07:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote IA8baller:</font><hr> Just say NO to any/all religions/politics ...... you'll be MUCH happier... <hr /></blockquote>
I said NO -- to all Newspapers -- if i get a free paper in my driveway it stays there untill it rots away.

And i said NO -- to all Football -- at the slightest mention of a coming match or a score or a knee operation i turn the channel or station.

Yes -- I am much happyr. madMac.

IA8baller
10-15-2006, 04:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> Fron Wikipedia:

"Idiot" was originally used in ancient Greek city-states to refer to people who were overly concerned with their own self-interest and ignored the needs of the community. Declining to take part in public life, such as (semi-)democratic government of the polis (city state), such as the Athenian democracy, was considered dishonorable. "Idiots" were seen as having bad judgment in public and political matters. <hr /></blockquote>

........and the Greeks did especially well with their society, didn't they.......oh, wait.......that's why it's referred to as "ancient". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The political and religious landscape of this world is a joke as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'll go google "non-politically affiliated atheists" and see if I can find some people to hang out with that actually have some common sense. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

(This ought to get some interesting responses)

moblsv
10-15-2006, 06:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote IA8baller:</font><hr> Just say NO to any/all religions/politics......you'll be MUCH happier /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif .<hr /></blockquote>

To say no to politics is lazy and unamerican. At least the misguided people who voted for Bush, and other wacko right wingers, thought they were doing something right. The people who don't vote at all are the people who are truly to blame for the current state of affairs.

Religion; great, believe whatever you like. I, personally, am not religious, just about everybody else in my family is. I don't care what a person believes so long as they don't try to tell me that I am wrong for making my own decisions on what to beleive.

politics/religions together; Destroys both Democracy and Religion. Just say no!

Gayle in MD
10-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Good post, Moblvs... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

DickLeonard
10-16-2006, 05:04 AM
Drop1 you have now confirmed what I have been saying all along.OOOOPPS we're the idiots we have allowed him to ruin our Country.####