PDA

View Full Version : In the news

wolfdancer
10-01-2006, 11:21 AM
While the war against EastAsia is going swimmingly, according to reports on BNN (biased news network)....on the home front the hot topic is "Foley's Follies"
CNN reported on the story in-depth, and claimed while rumors have been around for awhile, circulating among some Republicans... instead of it being forwarded to to the ethics committee....it was sent instead to the election committee
...hmmm!!
Switching over to Fox news, it seemed like it was just another day at the office, a mere mention of an improper email, that might cost Mr. Foley his seat.
hmmm !!
And we spent how much investigating Clinton???????

And this board is influencing my thinking....
Sunday's paper, The Columbian, has a front page story
that I read half-way down, before I realised it wasn't about the CCB.The heading was:
"Dispute On CB Turns Deadly"
A shooting over a citizen's band radio, not the confrontation between the crazed right and the cravenly left
that I imagined.

Drop1
10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Whats happening to all the Republican political perks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Qtec
10-02-2006, 01:18 AM
The Foley scandal shows just how hypocrtical the GOPs really are. The first warnings about Foley were made 5 yrs ago and the the top guys in the party have know for at least a year that there was a problem.
They had a simple choice and they chose to do nothing for fear of losing a seat with an election coming up!

Here Foley chats with a young kid about masturbation !! web page (http://pageoneq.com/news/2006/foley_093006.html)

Which brings me back to my other post about the Ev Christians determined to change America. Certain GOPs knew about Foley [ supposedly Christians ] so how do they justify letting it continue?
Does the end justify the means?
Q..

wolfdancer
10-02-2006, 10:36 AM
you spelled jerks wrong.
Millions spent investigating Clinton's affair...but this was forwarded to the election committee.....
The latest news is that Mr. foley has checked into the Michael Jackson rehab facility for predators.lol
Kind of ironic that he is shown in a photo with John Walsh....

eg8r
10-02-2006, 10:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Foley scandal shows just how hypocrtical the GOPs really are. <hr /></blockquote> Nope, all it shows is that there are bad seeds on both sides. The hypocritical part is your foolish post. You wish everyone would have left Clinton's personal life out of the news however you jump every time it happens to a Rep.

I say if the guy did it, then get him out. I don't agree with you and Gayle that personal lives should be left personal. I think they are a clear indication of the person and how they will handle himself publically. Just look at Clinton, he cheated on his wife and America all at the same time, and people like you can only see the infidelity. Pitiful.

eg8r

Drop1
10-02-2006, 12:17 PM
No, I think I spelt pricks wrong.

wolfdancer
10-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Ed, it's too bad that you feel the need to twist around the meaning of every post that Q, gayle , or myself make...then add the insults, making it a personal attack. You are the key reason SnakeByte doesn't post here anymore.
If you didn't understand my post...and maybe I don't write that clearly:
I just thought it hypocritical for the Republicans to focus so hard on the Clinton/Lewinski affair...and shelve this matter for a year??
And since you and Steve felt so strongly about the Clinton mess... I didn't mind pointing out....your side ain't lily-white either.
I just realized that you don't post anything yourself.....just go around bad-mouthing other people's posts.

Qtec
10-02-2006, 06:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
The Foley scandal shows just how hypocrtical the GOPs really are. <hr /></blockquote> Nope, all it shows is that there are bad seeds on both sides. The hypocritical part is your foolish post. You wish everyone would have left Clinton's personal life out of the news however you jump every time it happens to a Rep.

I say if the guy did it, then get him out. I don't agree with you and Gayle that personal lives should be left personal. I think they are a clear indication of the person and how they will handle himself publically. Just look at Clinton, he cheated on his wife and America all at the same time, and people like you can only see the infidelity. Pitiful.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Once again you show that you can't make a post without mentioning Clinton! What does BC have to do with this?
Sure you have bad apples on both sides, nobody is perfect. The real crime is that his superiors knew that he was having inappropriate conversations with young boys but did nothing about it.
What I am saying is that for these so-called religious people/politicians, holding onto a seat was more important than the welfare of these kids! I call that hypocrisy.

You have the cheek to criricise BC when half of this Govt is either in jail, indicted or about to be indicted! I never hear you mentioning Jack Abramoff. Thats the biggest scandal to date but it is being ignored by the Liberal media. LOL

Q

Drop1
10-02-2006, 07:21 PM
Do you mean to tell me eg8r never told you about the B.J. he got. I'm supprised,as he said quote "thats something a man never forgets" I guess he forgot./ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Qtec
10-03-2006, 04:58 AM
just in case you missed it.

[ QUOTE ]
Abramoff and Rove Had 82 Contacts, Report Says
By PHILIP SHENON
WASHINGTON, Sept. 28 — A bipartisan Congressional report documents hundreds of contacts between White House officials and the corrupt lobbyist Jack Abramoff and his partners, including at least 10 direct contacts between Mr. Abramoff and Karl Rove, the president’s chief political strategist.

The House Government Reform Committee report, based on e-mail messages and other records subpoenaed from Mr. Abramoff’s lobbying firm, found 485 contacts between Mr. Abramoff’s lobbying team and White House officials from 2001 to 2004, including 82 with Mr. Rove’s office.

<hr /></blockquote>

Abramoff is Rove's kinda guy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Q..........

Can't resist. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
White House Disputes Abramoff Ties

WASHINGTON, Jan. 23, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CBS/AP) Since the Jack Abramoff scandal broke, reporters have been digging hard for pictures that prove the disgraced lobbyist's ties to the White House. Now, two publications claim to have found them.

The Washingtonian and Time magazine both reported the existence of about a half-dozen photos showing the two together. They appeared to have been taken at White House functions, according to the reports.

The White House insists the pictures amount to a coincidence and should not be interpreted any more seriously than that.

White House counselor Dan Bartlett (video) acknowledged Monday that Abramoff has attended some events where people "go through receiving lines and get photos with the president." But, he said, "The president does not have a personal relationship with Mr. Abramoff."

Mr. Bush himself has said that he doesn't recall meeting Abramoff, the once powerful lobbyist who recently pleaded guilty to federal charges stemming from his lobbying practices and has pledged to cooperate with government prosecutors.
Bartlett told CBS News' The Early Show, "I don't think that would be fair to jump to any conclusions just because the president took a picture with somebody. People understand that the president of the United States goes to events like these all the time in which there will be people who get their pictures with the president. If somebody wants to jump to the wrong conclusion and say something nefarious was happening, they would be very wrong. I think it's much ado about nothing in that regard."

The White House insists that even though Abramoff was a big-money donor to the president's re-election campaign, he never got any quality time with Mr. Bush.
<hr /></blockquote>

Do they really think we were all born yesterday?

pooltchr
10-03-2006, 05:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> his superiors knew that he was having inappropriate conversations with young boys but did nothing about it.
Q <hr /></blockquote>

Would you be kind enough to share the proof that you have to back up this statement?
Thanks
Steve

Qtec
10-03-2006, 05:22 AM
I wouldn't make a statement like that without proof to back it up. The first sings of something not being quite right started in 2001.web page (http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/10/warnings_about_.html)

web page (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/02/AR2006100200333.html)

Q

eg8r
10-03-2006, 05:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Once again you show that you can't make a post without mentioning Clinton! <hr /></blockquote> I have made plenty of posts without mentioning him. Just yesterday there was a post about religion. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out Clinton would not be mentioned there.

[ QUOTE ]
What does BC have to do with this?
<hr /></blockquote> READ MY REPLY. It is quite clear. My reply was not about either person it was about those who make posts here on the board.

eg8r

eg8r
10-03-2006, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are the key reason SnakeByte doesn't post here anymore.
<hr /></blockquote> Send Snake and email and give him my sincere apologies.

[ QUOTE ]
I just thought it hypocritical for the Republicans to focus so hard on the Clinton/Lewinski affair...and shelve this matter for a year?? <hr /></blockquote> I understood that. I replied pointing out your hypocrisy in wanting to damage the Reps in every fashion possible ESPECIALLY if it is something that happens in the Reps private life. I never twisted anything. Gayle always complained that Clinton's personal life was never an issue and berated anyone who brought it up, however here you are doing the exact same thing. However, since it is against the other side you feel justified. Give me a break. If you are going to point out the hypocrisy in someone else, don't be defensive when someone includes your actions.

[ QUOTE ]
And since you and Steve felt so strongly about the Clinton mess... I didn't mind pointing out....your side ain't lily-white either.
<hr /></blockquote> I agree. I think their personal lives should not be personal. I think all their skeletons should be brought out so that we know who we are voting for. Their personal lives dictate how they will act in public. No one ever said either side was lily white.

[ QUOTE ]
I just realized that you don't post anything yourself.....just go around bad-mouthing other people's posts. <hr /></blockquote> I don't see any news that I am interested in posting. Most of the time when I see something I am interested in, it has already been posted here.

eg8r

Qtec
10-03-2006, 07:31 AM
According to you, Clinton geting blowed by some floosey is just as bad as a Rep Sen ,who is a champion of legislation against sexual predators of young kids, trying to pick up young influential boys on a chat forum! You should be ashamed of yourself. Your Partisan hatred is blinding your judgement.
If I got drunk and was looking for sex thru the net, I,m pretty sure I would be trying to hook up with good looking women- not 16 yr old boys. I,m attracted to women, is it my fault?

Read if you dare!

web page (http://pageoneq.com/news/2006/foley_093006.html)

According to your own standards the man is a sexual deviant but you would rather condem Clinton- who has'nt been in power for 6 years , than admit the Reps are immoral.
Thats the truth.

Q /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Maf54 (8:03:47 PM): what you wearing

[redacted screenname] (8:04:04 PM): normal clothes

[redacted screenname] (8:04:09 PM): tshirt and shorts

Maf54 (8:04:17 PM): um so a big buldge

[redacted screenname] (8:04:35 PM): ya

Maf54 (8:04:45 PM): um

Maf54 (8:04:58 PM): love to slip them off of you

[redacted screenname] (8:05:08 PM): haha

Maf54 (8:05:53 PM): and gram the one eyed snake

Maf54 (8:06:13 PM): grab

[redacted screenname] (8:06:53 PM): not tonight...dont get to excited

Maf54 (8:07:12 PM): well your hard

[redacted screenname] (8:07:45 PM): that is true

Maf54 (8:08:03 PM): and a little horny

[redacted screenname] (8:08:11 PM): and also tru

Maf54 (8:08:31 PM): get a ruler and measure it for me

[redacted screenname] (8:08:38 PM): ive already told you that

Maf54 (8:08:47 PM): tell me again

..............puke.

Don't even dare compare BC with this.

wolfdancer
10-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Q, i just read Ed's above reply....just wanted to see the spin
he would put on my post....not bad, actually, for Ed...but my view remains unchanged.....The Morals Party was so outraged over Clinton, that millions were spent investigating an adult concensual liason. Both Ed and Steve carried on about it as though they just found out their prom date was not a virgin.
At the very least, the Morals folks should have forced Foley to resign a year ago....they had that obligation to protect the pages entrusted in their care.
Checking into an alcohol rehab clinic now??? Is that the Betty Ford/Michael Jackson, alcoholic, predators facility?

hondo
10-03-2006, 11:17 AM
One of the things I find so interesting is how
outraged they are that Clinton lied about the bj.
Well, duh,if I got a blow job you'd think I'd admit
it to my wife? ( Not that I'd EVER do that , honey,
if you're reading this)

Deeman3
10-03-2006, 11:21 AM
This guy is a sick maladjusted human being and should be banned from contact with all young people, not just shuffeled off to some alcohol treatment center. Any republican, democrat or other who does not condemn him and any who sheltered him are what enables people like this to continue their sick predatory practices.

I say nueter the bastard.

DeeMan

wolfdancer
10-03-2006, 11:31 AM
Q, "he cheated on his wife AND America at the same time"
Geez...I never thought about that...if you compare what Bill did to JFK's escapades....Mr. Kennedy should have been tried for treason.

wolfdancer
10-03-2006, 11:47 AM
Good thing you are not Catholic.....even having that impure thought is a sin....

eg8r
10-03-2006, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
According to you, Clinton geting blowed by some floosey is just as bad as a Rep Sen ,who is a champion of legislation against sexual predators of young kids, trying to pick up young influential boys on a chat forum! <hr /></blockquote> Nope that is according to you, I have not said this.

[ QUOTE ]
You should be ashamed of yourself. <hr /></blockquote> As an appeaser to terrorists, I would suggest you get your own house in order before throwing stones.

[ QUOTE ]
Your Partisan hatred is blinding your judgement.
<hr /></blockquote> There is nothing blinding any judgement. I did not say I agreed with what he did. I said we should know about it since their private lives will dictate how they act in public.

[ QUOTE ]
I,m attracted to women, is it my fault?
<hr /></blockquote> Who cares whose fault it is.

[ QUOTE ]
According to your own standards the man is a sexual deviant but you would rather condem Clinton- who has'nt been in power for 6 years , than admit the Reps are immoral.
<hr /></blockquote> Get off the drugs Q. What I posted is totally opposite of the crap you are posting. Just reading your post makes me wonder how you survived this long. I am beginning to think your access to the internet is your only access to world outside your hole. I am not saying anything about Reps, we are talking about a very specific individual, Foley. When I refer to Clinton I am not referring to the entire Democratic party, so why are you trying to do so with Foley.

Chatting back and forth with you is more proof we have evolved from monkeys than any science out there. I feel like I have to wave a banana in front of your face just to get you to listen.

eg8r

eg8r
10-03-2006, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the very least, the Morals folks should have forced Foley to resign a year ago....they had that obligation to protect the pages entrusted in their care.
<hr /></blockquote> Maybe this is true, but my post was only pointing out your hypocrisy. You are making much more out of my reply than there really is.

eg8r

eg8r
10-03-2006, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> I don't think anyone was outraged that he lied to his wife. The outrage was that he was lying to courts and America.

eg8r

nAz
10-03-2006, 02:21 PM
what a joke these people we send or some of us send to DC... just go to show you what happens when we try to take out religion from out Gov.
you know the Dems are just as guilty with this crap I remember back in the 90s Rep. Barney Frank had run a gay call-boy ring out of his Capitol office. And Rep. Gerry Studds got away with an affair with an underage male page. Frank, and Studds were reelected too.

pooltchr
10-03-2006, 05:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> One of the things I find so interesting is how
Well, duh,if I got a blow job you'd think I'd admit
it to my wife? ( Not that I'd EVER do that , honey,
if you're reading this) <hr /></blockquote>

The outrage comes from the fact that he lied under oath. What he lied about is irrelivent. As far as I am concerned, he could have been lying about how often he trims his tonails. When you are under oath and you lie, you should pay the price. I really don't care how many bj's he got, although the whole affair really detracted from the dignity of the highest office in the country.
He didn't do anything that bad until he lied.
As for Foley, someone should be working right now to bring charges against him, regardless of which party he belongs to. He is a perv!
Steve

wolfdancer
10-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Steve, where you and i differ on this matter, is I don't feel like congress had a right to ask that question....and a Gentleman never tells about a private affair.
I guess we'd also differ about GWB, who I feel told much more serious lies to congress, but not under oath....that makes a difference???
Re, Mr. Foley, he's not the first, and probably not the only bad apple in congress....the fallout flack is the inaction by anyone that knew....and the news tonite quoted some key Republicans, calling for some resignations.

Qtec
10-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Apparently it was an open secret that Foley was gay!
If thats the case, a gay man being 'over friendly' with 16 yr old boy pages should have started the alarm bell ringing but nothing was done.

Q

Qtec
10-04-2006, 12:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I refer to Clinton I am not referring to the entire Democratic party, so why are you trying to do so with Foley.
<hr /></blockquote>

Only BC and Lewinsky know what they did in private. Nobody else was involved. The only person who could have been hurt was Hillary. Bill has since confessed and apologised for telling a lie. End of story.

OTOH ,Foley's escapades WERE known about by other Republicans![ at the head of the Party]
They KNEW he was gay and had a history of hitting on pages. I'm not saying the WHOLE party is involved but there are a lot who were in the 'know' and let it continue.
Morally speaking, was that the right thing to do?

The party who says its the only party that can protect Americans didn't do much to protect these kids from Foley ,did they?

Rather than lose a seat they let these kids be exposed to a potential sexual predator! That's the hypocrisy.

Q

hondo
10-04-2006, 04:27 AM
If he told the courts &amp; America his wife would
have found out. Duh!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
<hr /></blockquote> I don't think anyone was outraged that he lied to his wife. The outrage was that he was lying to courts and America.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Chopstick
10-04-2006, 05:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> This guy is a sick maladjusted human being and should be banned from contact with all young people, not just shuffeled off to some alcohol treatment center. Any republican, democrat or other who does not condemn him and any who sheltered him are what enables people like this to continue their sick predatory practices.

I say nueter the bastard.

DeeMan

<hr /></blockquote>

I just heard on the news that now he says he was molested by a clergyman. Somebody just take this idiot out back and shoot him.

Chopstick
10-04-2006, 05:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> If he told the courts &amp; America his wife would
have found out. Duh!

eg8r <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

I never cared about the bj. I didn't even care about lying about it. That's second nature for a politician. What outraged me was this.

When you get caught getting a bj, in the office, on company time, your a$$ is fired on the spot, no exceptions.

hondo
10-04-2006, 05:29 AM
I agree. I wish somebody would give GW a bj so we
could fire his ass.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chopstick:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> If he told the courts &amp; America his wife would
have found out. Duh!

eg8r <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

I never cared about the bj. I didn't even care about lying about it. That's second nature for a politician. What outraged me was this.

When you get caught getting a bj, in the office, on company time, your a$$ is fired on the spot, no exceptions. <hr /></blockquote>

Chopstick
10-04-2006, 06:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> I agree. I wish somebody would give GW a bj so we
could fire his ass.

<hr /></blockquote>

LOL /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

eg8r
10-04-2006, 06:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Only BC and Lewinsky know what they did in private. Nobody else was involved. The only person who could have been hurt was Hillary. <hr /></blockquote> OK, your post are getting ridiculous again. Lewinsky is not the only woman Bill was with so quit the act.

[ QUOTE ]
OTOH ,Foley's escapades WERE known about by other Republicans![ at the head of the Party]
They KNEW he was gay and had a history of hitting on pages. <hr /></blockquote> They did not KNOW. There were some emails from 3 years ago of which were also given to the media. After everyone checked into them they found there was not enough evidence he was doing anything wrong. The St. Pete Times even stated all this. It was not until the IM's came out that anyone KNEW anything. It takes evidence to prove this stuff and that did not happen for a few years. Every accusation you make on here is not worth anything because your hatred for W taints it. You don't care about proof or evidence when the accusations are pointed at a Rep or W, however you sing a different song when it the accusations are pointed to the left.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying the WHOLE party is involved but there are a lot who were in the 'know' and let it continue.
<hr /></blockquote> You are beginning to change what you have said in the past, but here is a quote from you yesterday... [ QUOTE ]
than admit the Reps are immoral.
<hr /></blockquote> You see, your posts are nothing but trash. In a thread about a single person, you blame the entire party. You have nothing of quality to say and you cannot even stick to your own guns. Yesterday all the Reps are immoral and today "a lot". Which is it, ah nevermind. I guess I will let this discussion with you finish here. I really don't see you as anything more than a worthless paparazzi.

eg8r

eg8r
10-04-2006, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently it was an open secret that Foley was gay!
If thats the case, a gay man being 'over friendly' with 16 yr old boy pages should have started the alarm bell ringing but nothing was done. <hr /></blockquote> Yeah right. This is coming from the guy that was against Profiling a few years ago. Give me a break. We should also be pulling every muslim out of the lines at the airport and pat them down.

eg8r

eg8r
10-04-2006, 06:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
have found out. Duh!
<hr /></blockquote> Well well, pat yourself on the back honduh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif No kidding, but with that sort of mentality everyone just should lie their butt off when they are in front of the judge. No one should ever admit to anything, just lie till eternity.

eg8r

eg8r
10-04-2006, 06:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you know the Dems are just as guilty with this crap I remember back in the 90s Rep. Barney Frank had run a gay call-boy ring out of his Capitol office. And Rep. Gerry Studds got away with an affair with an underage male page. Frank, and Studds were reelected too. <hr /></blockquote> Hannity was saying that the Dem party gave Studds and standing ovation.

You are absolutely correct, both parties have their bad apples which is why I try and just cast the blame on the one doing the wrong. Q just hauls off and blames the entire party and calls them all immoral.

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Either Ed's losing it....or I am???
seems to me that he either adds his own meaning to what you write, then condemns,mocks you....for that interpretation.
A reasonable person would infer that you were speaking about anyone that knew about Foley's proclivities, and did nothing.

hondo
10-04-2006, 08:45 AM
You talk a good game, egg, but your nasty, hateful,
sneering tone you use with people who disagree with you
reveals an entirely different type of person.
I think I would like Dee &amp; Steve if I met them.
You, I have no desire to meet. BRRRRR.

have found out. Duh!
<hr /></blockquote> Well well, pat yourself on the back honduh. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif No kidding, but with that sort of mentality everyone just should lie their butt off when they are in front of the judge. No one should ever admit to anything, just lie till eternity.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think Ed in person, is as mean and hateful, as Ed in print...hope not. It's tough going through life, trying to put down anyone that disagrees with your, political, religious, moral views. A Christian would follow the teachings of Jesus, and be tolerant of others.
Even we fallen Catholics.....suffer fools gladly...well, almost

Chopstick
10-04-2006, 12:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I don't think Ed in person, is as mean and hateful, as Ed in print...hope not. It's tough going through life, trying to put down anyone that disagrees with your, political, religious, moral views. A Christian would follow the teachings of Jesus, and be tolerant of others.
Even we fallen Catholics.....suffer fools gladly...well, almost <hr /></blockquote>

Of course he's not. I've hung out with him a couple of times. Here's a picture I took of him at the IPT.

http://www.grimmemennesker.dk/data/media/1/mean-looking.jpg

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 12:56 PM
It's amazing...he's just as I pictured him to be, with one small exceptiion...I thought he would have the mark of the beast on his forehead.lol

Qtec
10-04-2006, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, your post are getting ridiculous again. Lewinsky is not the only woman Bill was with so quit the act.
<hr /></blockquote>

So what? Who cares?
What damage did Bill's lie do to America?

[ QUOTE ]
They did not KNOW. There were some emails from 3 years ago of which were also given to the media. After everyone checked into them they found there was not enough evidence he was doing anything wrong. The St. Pete Times even stated all this. <hr /></blockquote>

You are going to look so very silly when all this comes out! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif From today's news.

"WASHINGTON -- House Speaker Dennis Hastert's political support showed signs of cracking on Wednesday as Republicans fled an election-year scandal spawned by steamy computer messages from former Rep. Mark Foley to teenage male pages.

At the same time, a congressional aide said in an Associated Press interview he first warned Hastert's aides more than three years ago that Foley's behavior toward pages was troublesome. That was long before GOP leaders acknowledged learning of the problem."
Believe me, there is much more to come!

[ QUOTE ]
You are beginning to change what you have said in the past, but here is a quote from you yesterday... <hr /></blockquote>

Post that quote in context please! Don't cut and paste me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
In a thread about a single person, you blame the entire party. <hr /></blockquote>

In a thread about Foley, you start moaning about Clinton!!!!!!!!!!
Instead of writing 'these Reps'or 'some reps'- meaning specifically those Reps 'in the know', I wrote ' the Reps'[ shoot me!]. I also said that not all the Party was involved or 'in the know' about what Foley was up to.

The truth is they knew [ those involved] he was gay and was hitting on young male pages and they LET IT CONTINUE. They looked the other way. Its as simple as that.

Geez, just the fact that they had doubts about the guy should have be enough.

I/We [ basically all sane people /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif]won't accept your spin on this one.

The Party whose war cry is "you can't be too carefull" wasn't carefull of these young immpressionable kids.
Lets not forget these were pages and Foley was a Congressman!

Q......did I mention GW at all or did you?

Qtec
10-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Thanks Wolf. Thats one of your best posts ever. You summed eg8r up in two sentences. Brilliant.
I was begining to wonder if I really was crazy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Debating with Ed does tend to have that kind of effect on a person! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you can get it, why can't eg8r?

Its a mystery. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.......... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q./ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif ....expecting more abuse........

eg8r
10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what? Who cares?
What damage did Bill's lie do to America? <hr /></blockquote> So what we have here is you make a stupid post, you are called out on it and all you have is "so what, who cares". This is the trash you hear on playgrounds.

Who has the time to explain how his lies damaged America, when they know you will come back with more trash of which your defense will be "so what, who cares".

eg8r

eg8r
10-05-2006, 07:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you can get it, why can't eg8r?
<hr /></blockquote> Ouch, that sounded like a potshot at wolf. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
10-05-2006, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Ed in person, is as mean and hateful, as Ed in print...hope not. It's tough going through life, trying to put down anyone that disagrees with your, political, religious, moral views. A Christian would follow the teachings of Jesus, and be tolerant of others. <hr /></blockquote> Hmm, I do follow his teachings, I am just not as perfect as Jesus is. I have had conversations with other members of this board (in person) about the way I post and I know it comes across sharp some times but that is the web and there is nothing you can really do about it. I do feel bad most of the time if someone takes it the wrong way, but until you get a chance to talk with someone, you will never know what was really meant or the attitude/intention of the person typing it.

I have met quite a few from the board and I don't think any of them really think I am a hateful mean person. They probably also don't think I am very good at pool either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif To be quite honest, I don't think I have really talked politics with anyone from the board when we got together to shoot some pool and hang out. The purpose of coming to this board in the first place was because of the love of pool, likewise the purpose of meeting those on the board is to hang out and shoot some pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

eg8r
10-05-2006, 08:03 AM
LOL, that is hilarious. I did not know the wind did that to my hair. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We need to get together one day at lunch and head over to the pool hall across the street.

eg8r