PDA

View Full Version : John Schmidt Wins

9 Ball Girl
10-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Schmidt 11 Luat 7

Congratulations!!!

Brian in VA
10-01-2006, 08:50 PM
And Wendy we missed you girl! JMD says Hi and wants to see you soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Schmidt played in a manner that can only be described as spectacular! He was clearly the best player there this week. I was also very impressed with Robb Saez' game, too.

It was a great Open and the CCB event, although smaller than in past years, was fun. See my write up after I've had time to get some sleep and my liver gets back to normal in a day or so.

Brian in VA

pooldaddy9
10-02-2006, 09:53 AM
I beleive it was 11 - 6 . I had to sit and look at your reserved seat with no Wendy in it. Sure missed you girl.
What happened?

9 Ball Girl
10-02-2006, 11:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> And Wendy we missed you girl!<hr /></blockquote>I missed all of you too!

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr>JMD says Hi and wants to see you soon. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Scrumptious!

9 Ball Girl
10-02-2006, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooldaddy9:</font><hr> I beleive it was 11 - 6 . I had to sit and look at your reserved seat with no Wendy in it. Sure missed you girl.
What happened? <hr /></blockquote>Correct. It was 11-6. And congratulations to you too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Work got in the way this year...

dg-in-centralpa
10-02-2006, 12:36 PM
What a finals! Schmidt did a great job on Earl. More on that later. The CCB tourney was fun as always as was dinner Friday night.

DG - just got home

reggie182
10-02-2006, 01:14 PM
The Billiards Digest main page mentions a heated exchange between Strickland and Schmidt. Does anyone know what was said between them?

dg-in-centralpa
10-02-2006, 04:34 PM
Earl was relatively quiet for the matches I saw. He played on the TV table with CJ. CJ was beating him and Earl just sat the whole time with his face hidden and never looked at the table or anything. His thought was, "Accu-Stat is making money off this dvd and he's not getting anything out of it so why let them see his face.
Then he had to play Schmidt. He was accusing John of waxing the cue ball. After every game that John won, he wiped off the cue ball with his towel. Earl was on a rampage about it and finally John told him to sit down and shut up. This pissed off Earl even more. Once Earl lost, he was in the hallway complaining to whomever would listen, about John waxing the ball. Earl played with the ball as well as John. Earl went as far as trying to get John disqualified. It's a shame that someone with Earl's talent must resort to stuff like this to justify his losses.

DG - nothing about Earl surprises me

Qtec
10-02-2006, 06:34 PM
LMAO. Waxing the ball?.....................Why? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Typical Earl. You gotta admit, he is one of a kind.

Qtec...LOL

dg-in-centralpa
10-02-2006, 06:50 PM
John supposedly had silicone or wax on his towel. And when he wiped off the cueball every time he broke, wax would get on the ball. This would help the ball to draw better. Although if John didn't run the table, Earl would play with the same ball. Earl complained that the CB would react funny after hitting a rail or stop dead. Sometimes John would wipe the CB even though he lost the game. He did this with Luat in the finals. Broxman also complained about Schmidt waxing the ball. Who knows....

DG - glad I'm not a pro and have to deal with this

wolfdancer
10-03-2006, 12:25 PM
didn't these guys ever here of..."wax on, wax off"? Ask the ref to clean the ball, before it's your turn to shoot.
I once read that Earl wiped the cueballs off between games,
good idea to get rid of any chalk residue, I thought

dg-in-centralpa
10-03-2006, 12:51 PM
The refs were wiping the CB during the finals. But you know how Earl is.... I think he was trying to shark John.

DG - only my opinion

Mrs_DG
10-03-2006, 07:50 PM
What a treat to watch John play and win. Don't know where he came from, but hope to see him around for a long time.
Mrs. DG

cycopath
10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I've watched John Schmidt play many times. He doesn't need to stoop to a level of play that requires him to shark or modify equipment for his advantage.

John is a class act, and plays like a champion, always.

Just when you thought Earl couldn't get any worse with his antics...

Strickland is one of those players that while you watch them play you feel inspired to bring your own performance level up. That's why I love to watch him play. It disappoints me to no end that he has to bring those tantrums with him to the table.

Stretch
10-07-2006, 09:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Earl was relatively quiet for the matches I saw. He played on the TV table with CJ. CJ was beating him and Earl just sat the whole time with his face hidden and never looked at the table or anything. His thought was, "Accu-Stat is making money off this dvd and he's not getting anything out of it so why let them see his face.
Then he had to play Schmidt. He was accusing John of waxing the cue ball. After every game that John won, he wiped off the cue ball with his towel. Earl was on a rampage about it and finally John told him to sit down and shut up. This pissed off Earl even more. Once Earl lost, he was in the hallway complaining to whomever would listen, about John waxing the ball. Earl played with the ball as well as John. Earl went as far as trying to get John disqualified. It's a shame that someone with Earl's talent must resort to stuff like this to justify his losses.

DG - nothing about Earl surprises me <hr /></blockquote>

I LUV IT!! Of course John knowing that Earl is on a tangent about the cue ball would make sure he doubled is efforts to keep it clean. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif Then ordering him to sit down and shut up when it clearly drove him nuts? LMFAO brilliant. St.

Harold Acosta
10-09-2006, 02:48 PM
Phil So Fla and I spoke about John winning the tournament a few days before the finals. We were right on track. I also told my buddies whom were at the Open. Then everyone was asking me if I made any money on bets.

I'm not the betting type, so I won no money but I was sure happy for John and his sponsor! (although he knock out Robb Saez out of the tournament). John was playing brilliantly!