PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Pool Tables???

bigmixx
10-01-2006, 08:40 PM
I've been looking for a pool table for a while now and I've seen so many of the internet tables selling for what seems to be great prices. I've also been lurking this forum for a little while and have read enough posts to know to stay away from thoses. Anyhow, my question is, does anybody know anything about Fischer pool tables? I saw them at a local dealer here in Atlanta and like a lot of tables they seem to be good quality. They quoted me $1795 for the Duke model includin installation.

Also, if anybody knows anything about Kingdom Billiards? I was quoted $1490 including installation.

I'm looking to spend no more than $2000 on a table. Also, this is going in my garage. I'm making plans to insulate the door and add heating/air conditioning.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

mantis
10-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Connely is a nice brand that has some quality tables starting around $1700. Brunswick and Olhausen will both cost you a little more than $2000 to start. I have never heard of the other brands. Those are usually made in China and need to be fully assembled. I can almost guarantee that they will not be all solid hardwood at that price.

ragbug74
10-02-2006, 10:29 AM
My dad has an old Fischer table that he's had for a number of years. I thought I remember hearing they went out of business years ago as well. Maybe someone bought the rights to the name and is once again making tables under this nameplate.

SpiderMan
10-02-2006, 12:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ragbug74:</font><hr> My dad has an old Fischer table that he's had for a number of years. I thought I remember hearing they went out of business years ago as well. Maybe someone bought the rights to the name and is once again making tables under this nameplate. <hr /></blockquote>

That's a very good point. I was preparing to reply (to the original poster) noting Fischer as a pretty decent brand, but your response is a good warning. After all, "Palmer" cues were selling a the Nationals this summer for $39, but they were Chinese.

SpiderMan

bigmixx
10-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the replys. I've been doing more research and what I found out is that C.L. Bailey is making tables with the Fischer name tag. I looked at them today and the name plate it says "Fischer by C.L. Bailey".

They also sell, C.L. Bailey, Craftmaster, Golden West &amp; Imperial tables.

bigmixx
10-03-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, Here's more info. As I posted before, Fischer is made by the makers of C.L. Bailey. C.L. Bailey tables are all hardwood and made in the U.S.A. Fischer tables are imports but are built, designed, &amp; constructed like the C.L. Baileys but are not hardwood. Mostly veneer &amp; "manufactured wood". The dealer had one setup without the slate on it and the beams in the framework are made out of OSB (Oriented Strand Board) He insisted that OSB is 80% stronger than real wood and won't flex or split. I figured I'd just post my findings in case anyone else was interested.

y2k600f4
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
This is a response I got from C.L. Bailey. As far as I can see the only difference is that the cabinet is veneered MDF (medium density fiberboard) that is made oversees versus the C.L. Bailey is hardwood (made in USA). Everything else is the same (pockets, slate etc). Saves you about $500 over an equivalent C.L. Bailey. So the question is it is a matter of personal opinion/taste if the price savings is worth getting some MDF versus all hardwood for an equivalent table. Plus these are veneered (real wood) not imitiation wood (laminate). $1795 for the duke installed....in comparison in my area NC the best I have seen is $2199 installed (with accessory kit).

The Fischer line is manufactured to our specifications at a top notch manufacturing facility in Malaysia. The C.L. Bailey line is made in good ole Marionville, Missouri USA. Both table lines use the exact same slate, leather pockets, and cushion rubber. Most C.L. Bailey furniture tables are solid oak or solid maple constructions. Fischer tables are a combination of solid oak, solid maple, rubberwood, and veneered MDF on the cabinets.

Both table lines share similar construction methods, and play extremely well. Obviously, we like to sell our C.L. Bailey tables since they are made in the U.S., but many consumers are driven by aesthetics and price points. The choice is yours. Both table lines are well made.

Thanks!
The C.L. Bailey Co

Plummerbutt
11-18-2006, 07:05 AM
I've been playing on my C.L. Bailey/Fischer table for just over a year now. Still excellent condition, plays like it did the first day I purchased it, still looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

The only thing I don't care for on my table is a problem that I created. I ordered "compitition" pockets and immediatly upon playing the table wished I would have gotten tighter pockets. Its surely something I can live with though.

Its an excellent table of great quality and beauty.., and it plays like a champ!