PDA

View Full Version : your dreams reveal your

wolfdancer
10-02-2006, 09:48 AM
politics

Chris Lackner, The Ottawa Citizen
Published: Wednesday, September 29, 2006

If you've recently dreamed about sex with a stranger, flying or the dead coming back to life, chances are you're probably a liberal instead of a conservative.

A dream researcher from John F. Kennedy University in California has discovered fundamental differences between the dream worlds of people on the ideological left and the ideological right.

Among his findings, Kelly Bulkeley discovered that liberals are more restless sleepers and have a higher number of bizarre, surreal dreams -- including fantasy settings and a wide variety of sexual encounters. Conservatives' dreams were, on average, far more mundane and focused on realistic people, situations and settings.

"Conservatives seem to have more of a focus on the here and now and the material world whereas liberals, in contrast, seem to have a much wider sphere of imaginative activity," he said.

"They don't just dream about what is, but what could be or what they wish could be," Mr. Bulkeley said.

His research is being published in an upcoming issue of Dreams, a journal published by the American Psychological Association.

Out of the 134 liberals who participated in the study, 91 per cent said they recently dreamed about sex; only 76 per cent of 100 conservative subjects admitted the same.

But Mr. Bulkeley said the two political stripes showed very different tastes in dream partners.

Liberals were far more likely to have sexual dreams about strangers and a variety of partners, while liberal women showed a greater tendency towards same-sex fantasies than their conservative counterparts (24 versus four per cent).

http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/news/story.html?id=558b85e1-b62c-4b59-9a01-09266fad43ed

NEWSFLASH !!!!!!!
updated research now reveals that if you are a 50ish male dreaming about a 16 year old lad.....you could be a republican politician

Drop1
10-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Ha ha thats funny. The only republican that has democrats' dreams. They better do another study /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman3
10-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Seriously, I must be a Democrat cause I sure dream like one.

DeeMan

SpiderMan
10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Liberals were far more likely to have sexual dreams about strangers and a variety of partners<hr /></blockquote>

This happened to me recently, and I woke to find that I had changed hands /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SpiderMan

Chopstick
10-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Busted, what can I say?

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/g/9/recall_marycarey1.jpg

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the liberal party!!!