PDA

View Full Version : CCB Tournament and Raffle Winners!

Rich R.
10-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Although I have seen the winner of the U.S. Open posted, I know everyone has been sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting for the results of the main event, the CCB Tournament and raffle.

The winner of the 5th Annual CCB Tournament was pooldaddy9.
The second place winner was JMD in Va, aka, "The Mayor".
Congratulations to both. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The winners of the raffle items are as follows:

First Place Plaque (US Open replica) Brian-in-VA and Harold Acosta
and
1 Silver Dollar for 1st place winner cueball1950

<font color="red"> Tournament winner, pooldaddy9 </font color>

Second Place Plaque (US Open replica) Brian-in-VA and Harold Acosta

<font color="red">Tournament runner up, JMD in VA </font color>

Championship Watch JMD in VA

<font color="red">Brian in Va </font color>

Set of WPBA Matches JMD in VA

<font color="red">Mrs DG </font color>

1 Lesson w/Scott Lee - Scott Lee http://www.poolknowledge.com/

<font color="red">ARJ, won this prize, but decided to give this prize to Brian in Va. </font color>

Randy G's Pool School - Randy G
http://www.poolschool.info/

<font color="red">Mrs DG won this prize, but she decided to give this prize to dg-in-centralpa </font color>

2 Subscriptions to Inside Pool - Inside Pool http://www.insidepoolmag.com/

<font color="red">One subscription goes to pooldaddy9 and the other goes to Timberly </font color>

Audrick Cue cueball1950

<font color="red">The cue was won by Eric, but it may have been stolen by his new bride, Susie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

KC custom cue - cueball1950

<font color="red">ARJ </font color>

KC custom cue - cueball1950

<font color="red">JMD in VA </font color>

J&amp;J Palm Wood Break/Jump Cue w/Phenolic Tip cueball1950

<font color="red">dg-in-centralpa </font color>

1 Surprise Gift 9 Ball Girl
<font color="red">This prize consisted of two VCR tapes, The Power Pool Workout by Byrnes and an Accustat tape of the 2000 U.S. Open, between Takeshi Okumura vs. Earl Strickland.
It was won by Rich R. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Sneaky Pete Cue Todd Elkins of Parrot Cues http://www.parrotcue.com/

<font color="red">Combinator </font color>

1 Chameleon Rack - CarolNYC http://rst2international.com/chameleon.asp

<font color="red">cueball1950 </font color>

Congratulations to all of the winners.

On behalf of all of the CCB members at the Tournament, I would like to thank all of those who donated prizes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-02-2006, 05:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <font color="red"> Audrick Cue cueball1950

<font color="red">The cue was won by Eric, but it may have been stolen by his new bride, Susie. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

I think this is a given. Kinda reminds me of last year when I won the Audrick cue and was quickly claimed by Mrs. DG. I would like to thank you and Cathy for running the tourney again. Everything worked out fine with the new format. There were two challenge matches this year- RichR and ARJ in Straight pool which was won by RichR, and Brian in VA against The Mayor, not sure what they were playing, but Brian won handily, so I'm told. The Mayor had trouble focusing on the TV table matches as the ring girls were knockouts and they swiveled their hips right in front of him. He was beside himself. LOL A great time was had by all. The crowd was great and cheered for both John and Rodolfo.

DG

Sneaky Pete Cue Todd Elkins of Parrot Cues http://www.parrotcue.com/

<font color="red">Combinator </font color>

1 Chameleon Rack - CarolNYC http://rst2international.com/chameleon.asp

<font color="red">cueball1950 </font color>

Congratulations to all of the winners.

On behalf of all of the CCB members at the Tournament, I would like to thank all of those who donated prizes. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

9 Ball Girl
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
I am SO glad you guys had fun, as any CCBer would.

Congratulations to the winners and to the raffle winners! I'm on the phone with Tony right now and he tells me that he made a surprise appearance at the tourney. How cool was that, huh? (Gee I wonder who arranged that one... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

I need to see pictures!!!!

Barbara
10-02-2006, 06:25 PM
Hey Rich and Cathy!

Thanks to you both for all your work and effort for each and every CCB Tourny that has happend since its inception.

Barbara

ras314
10-02-2006, 06:57 PM
"1 Surprise Gift 9 Ball Girl
This prize consisted of two VCR tapes, The Power Pool Workout by Byrnes and an Accustat tape of the 2000 U.S. Open, between Takeshi Okumura vs. Earl Strickland.
It was won by Rich R."

Wasn't what I heard Wendy's contrubition was going to be... /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ms R might not have allowed him to keep it anyway. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Brian in VA
10-03-2006, 05:27 AM
Many thanks to Rich R and Kathy for all their hard work in the CCB tournament! I loved the alternate format as did everyone I spoke to.

It was really fun playing in this event without a hangover! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I played better than I typically have in the event and even did a little woofing. What a great time!

Tony Robles is a prince, the kind of person that you like within 30 seconds of meeting him! Just a great guy to be around.

For the record, I managed to get past the Mayor in a 100 point straight pool game, 100-62. I think it was 83 innings, though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'll post my Open thoughts later tonight. Love to all!

Brian in VA

P.S. I had high expectations for Wendy's surprise gift, too Ras 314! No such luck!

Rich R.
10-03-2006, 06:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>I need to see pictures!!!! <hr /></blockquote>
I am back at work and still catching up on my sleep.
Pictures will be coming, ASAP. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-03-2006, 06:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Hey Rich and Cathy!

Thanks to you both for all your work and effort for each and every CCB Tourny that has happend since its inception.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>
Thank you Barbara.

My wife and I believe, if everyone just does a little bit to support and promote pool, it will help the entire pool community in the long run. This is just one of the small things we do. Hopefully, in the future, we can do more.
I know you do your share and I hope others will join in doing something too. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
10-03-2006, 06:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr> Many thanks to Rich R and Kathy for all their hard work in the CCB tournament! I loved the alternate format as did everyone I spoke to.

<font color="red">We are very happy to here that everyone like the format. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif </font color>

It was really fun playing in this event without a hangover! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I played better than I typically have in the event and even did a little woofing. What a great time!

<font color="red">A couple of hours of sleep does wonders. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif </font color>

Tony Robles is a prince, the kind of person that you like within 30 seconds of meeting him! Just a great guy to be around.

<font color="red">Ditto. </font color>

For the record, I managed to get past the Mayor in a 100 point straight pool game, 100-62. I think it was 83 innings, though! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I'll post my Open thoughts later tonight. Love to all!

Brian in VA

P.S. I had high expectations for Wendy's surprise gift, too Ras 314! No such luck! <hr /></blockquote>

9 Ball Girl
10-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Brian and Ras -

Maybe next year, ok? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ARJ
10-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Tournament Saturday was a blast. We all had fun (I may have possibly had more fun than anyone else) it seemed and I certainly suffered on Sunday for that "fun". I'm mostly going to blame everything on Amy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I got to play Tony Robles some games and even got out on him a couple times. What a nice guy he is.

Just so you guys know. The reason I gave Scott's lessons to Brian not wasn't because Scott's lessons aren't great (I've had one), it's because I'd never take advantage of what he'd teach me. I just stopped putting effort into my game a long time ago and I know Brian will put it to good use.

Thanks for the cue Mike.

ARJ

nAz
10-03-2006, 07:00 PM
good work Rich maybe I'll show up next year /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
nice of Barry to lend the room out. I wonder, how long in advance do you need to call him to get the room booked?

Mrs_DG
10-03-2006, 07:37 PM
You forgot to mention the awards for last place, won by Susie and me (Mrs. DG). We both won a box of chalk. Susie played very well, although neither one of us could quite win a game that day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
But just wait til next year.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Mrs. DG
back in PA but still very tired...

ARJ
10-03-2006, 07:48 PM
I had fun with you guys Mary. You're a total class act. I look forward to your continued improvement. Susie's as well.

ARJ

JMD in VA
10-03-2006, 08:06 PM
(Gee I wonder who arranged that one... )
Yeah I wonder who has that kind of pull. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I invited Hopkins to come over and he never did. Ton didn't think he would make it because he had a long playing day on Friday. A class act. Also a future US Open Winner. No Doubt!

His Honor,

The Mayor
JMD in VA