PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone played "Rotation 8-ball"?

Nordost_Valhalla
10-02-2006, 05:11 PM
A while ago a friend of mine suggested I would run the balls in rotation to make it tougher /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. It was hard at first but after a few days practice I love it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I thought I was alone in playing this game but then I found this video on the net: ftp://poollogics.is-a-geek.net:22163/Easy.to.difficult_Rotation.8-ball_XviD.avi

How many really play this game?
I would like to see it on IPT tour! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Snapshot9
10-03-2006, 06:37 AM
I practice 8 ball this way, by myself. Only I call it,
Dakota 8 ball (combination of 8 and 9 ball). It improves your 8 and 9 ball games. Hint: if you match up with a better player for money, this is a good game to play. It evens the odds a little, especially if the better player doesn't usually play it.

ceebee
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Yep, we play 8-Ball & require the numbered object balls to be pocketed in numerical order.

You can obviously play the object balls in lots of orders, 15 thru the -11 & the 1 thru the 7, or opposite of that. If you add to that requirement, the 15-Ball & 1-Ball have to be pocket in opposite side pockets (pre-determined or natural selection) & then add the rule that requires the 8-Ball be pocketed in that same last pocket ... you'll have a helll of an 8-Ball game.

Try Short-Rack 8-Ball for a fast paced game. 4 stripes + 4 solids & the 8-Ball. It's racked like 9-Ball... it's wham-Bam, two balls on the break, the shooter has two balls & the 8 for an out.... Games go fast.