PDA

View Full Version : Cue-Tech

wolfdancer
10-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Once again, my friend returned from attending Cue tech, with laudatory comments about both the material taught, and RandyG's expertise at teaching the material. Since he hired, fired, and trained I.T. people for a large corp.,and was a pretty good player before he went there, I place a huge value on his impressions about the school, and it's staff.
This time he took the course that leads to becoming a certified instructor.
Sounds to me that any of the trained SPF teachers would be a great place to start to learn this game...a far cry, and big improvement over what was available when I tried my luck at the game....and my luck hasn't changed much over the years.
Got "spanked" by another CCB regular last nite....but I'm setting him up for the "kill"

pooltchr
10-03-2006, 05:14 PM
Wolf,
It's never too late to learn. When should we expect you in class???? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

bsmutz
10-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah, Wolfie, it's never too late to learn and Texas is just a hop, skip, and a jump from here. Three days of school, six months to practice what you learned, and Voila! C'est tres bien!

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm afraid as a liberal Democrat, I wouldn't survive 3 days in Texas....and then 6 months of practice....just to run 3 balls???
I'll buy a hair-shirt instead.

Deeman3
10-04-2006, 12:12 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> I'm afraid as a liberal Democrat, I wouldn't survive 3 days in Texas....and then 6 months of practice....just to run 3 balls???
I'll buy a hair-shirt instead. <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Wolf,

I can arrange safe passage for any liberal short of Nancy Pelosi. Chopstick and Spiderman can get you safely through Indian territory but you will have to use care as you pass by PettyPoint. </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DeeMan

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 12:51 PM
LOL!!
I've mentioned before my first trip to Texas....I was in the Merchant Marine, and I walked to the nearest waterfront bar in Houston. Small bar, one pool table, two guys were playing, and i was the only other customer. They argue over the game while I'm having my beer, and one guy pulls out a gun and shoots the other point blank....I almost spilled my drink. Turned out it was a starter's pistol, but I finished my drink, removed my quarter for the next pool game challenge and left quietly. To this day, I have not played a game of pool in the great state of Texas.

pooltchr
10-04-2006, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> LOL!!
I've mentioned before my first trip to Texas....I was in the Merchant Marine, and I walked to the nearest waterfront bar in Houston. Small bar, one pool table, two guys were playing, and i was the only other customer. They argue over the game while I'm having my beer, and one guy pulls out a gun and shoots the other point blank....I almost spilled my drink. Turned out it was a starter's pistol, but I finished my drink, removed my quarter for the next pool game challenge and left quietly. To this day, I have not played a game of pool in the great state of Texas. <hr /></blockquote>

Aw, Shucks, boy...Thew wuz jest havin a little fun!!! Y'all jest caint take that kind of stuff serious! Just a little friendly sharking!!! Hell, if we never went in bars where people have guns, we'd all be sober down here in the south!!! LOL
I've seen worse in a bar just outside the gate of the navy base in Norfolk!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Steve

SpiderMan
10-05-2006, 11:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> LOL!!
I've mentioned before my first trip to Texas....I was in the Merchant Marine, and I walked to the nearest waterfront bar in Houston. Small bar, one pool table, two guys were playing, and i was the only other customer. They argue over the game while I'm having my beer, and one guy pulls out a gun and shoots the other point blank....I almost spilled my drink. Turned out it was a starter's pistol, but I finished my drink, removed my quarter for the next pool game challenge and left quietly. To this day, I have not played a game of pool in the great state of Texas. <hr /></blockquote>

Tuesday before Thanksgiving, 1982, I stopped in Mickey Finn's on Mockingbird in Dallas, across from the old Dr Pepper bottling plant, with my girlfriend. I had met the manager at a tournament in another bar, and he invited me over to see his club.

I was playing 8-ball when the shooting started on the other side of the room, so we got under our table. The combatants chased one another into the parking lot, and were ducking and shooting across the tops of cars.

By the time the cops arrived, three were down and the others vanished. All three died.

Turns out they were not Texans - they were Mexicans - a Mexican draftsman at my company knew one of the families and told us about it the following week. Apparently a person in one group had "disrespected" the sister of someone in the other group, so they came looking for him.

I told the manager "nice place" as we left.

SpiderMan