PDA

View Full Version : Pictures - CCB Dinner

Rich R.
10-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Here are the pictures from the CCB dinner, while everyone was still sober.........especially the photographer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr and Mrs dg-in-centralpa.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p2ba94d0d83a691a373c2158e09150d20/ecb0f018.jpg

Timberly.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p1ab0749efa41ed50a0a2b43997b35c80/ecb0f01a.jpg

Cueball1950
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p023128d6e21673647307286dfbcf377f/ecb0f019.jpg

ARJ
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p6e81dad23996331d40d466cd613cc6eb/ecb0f017.jpg

Eric and his lovely bride, Susie.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p7cebd681a1a683c3d91e301193406a3e/ecb0f00b.jpg

Phil in SoFla
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/pd0c7b460f2a9117bb780d27036f00582/ecb0f00a.jpg

JMD in VA (aka, The Mayor)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/pee46d784cc938cf6117dd7459a73c835/ecb0f007.jpg

Amy, a friend of JMD and Brian in Va
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/pffd5df6827e3a02547e25f226076986a/ecb0f001.jpg

Brian in Va
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p9b5499d3dbaffb324df3904700f5fb93/ecb0f000.jpg

Doug and Miriam, friends of JMD and Brian in Va
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p7968a820dd0d7d8efe3493e930387cce/ecb0efff.jpg

Pictures of the tournament are on their way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-03-2006, 05:17 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Doug and Miriam, friends of JMD and Brian in Va
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p7968a820dd0d7d8efe3493e930387cce/ecb0efff.jpg<hr /></blockquote>Oh snap! This is the couple that sit a couple of rows behind the TV table and wear the sunglasses, right? About 2 years ago at the Open I bet Eric $20 if he were to drop some coins in their coffee cups!!!! LOL

Timberly - you look great girl!
Mike - all you need is a motorcycle to complete your look!
Eric - you've got that happily married look. Congrats to you and Sus!
Josh and R.J. - Swoooooooooooooon....
Mary and Dave - you guys always look like you have fun with each other
Cathy and Rich - what can I say? You guys are fixtures!
Phil - How's your driving nowadays? /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Brian - You're always laughing and I love that!

I'll definitely see some of you in March in Valley Forge!

Timberly
10-03-2006, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr>Timberly - you look great girl!<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks Wendy! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rich, great pics as always. Thank you.

I had a great time at dinner. Unfortunately we had to split up into two small groups for dinner but I still had a good time and I think everyone else did too. It was a pleasure to meet everyone and I'm definitely looking forward to next year! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Brian in VA
10-03-2006, 07:15 PM
Yep, that's them. They are big supporters of the game.

I try to be laughing as much as possible. Fewer muscles required and I'm all about saving energy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Timberly, you are gorgeous!

Wendy we missed you badly! I may have to make a trip to VF so I can get one of your hugs! I'll bring the Mayor with me, 'kay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Brian in VA - liver is almost healed.

JMD in VA
10-03-2006, 07:31 PM
I have to agree with the Commish (Brian) on that one. If I can make it I 'll come along.

You need to make it down for my tournament too!
Smooches Honey!

His Honor,
The Mayor
JMD in VA

9 Ball Girl
10-03-2006, 08:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Timberly:</font><hr>Unfortunately we had to split up into two small groups for dinner but I still had a good time and I think everyone else did too.<hr /></blockquote>yes, I think it's time we pick a new place where we can all sit together like in prior years. I already have a few places in mind...

9 Ball Girl
10-03-2006, 08:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Brian in VA:</font><hr>I'll bring the Mayor with me, 'kay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif<hr /></blockquote>Yes! Yes! Oh God Yes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Sounds like Wendy might be one of your "Secretaries"

DG - along with Heather, Amy, etc.

DickLeonard
10-04-2006, 07:09 AM
9gBallGirl are we ever going to see that look on yours and Naz's face.####

9 Ball Girl
10-04-2006, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> 9gBallGirl are we ever going to see that look on yours and Naz's face.#### <hr /></blockquote>We had the look once, but then it was gone. /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

nAz
10-04-2006, 09:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> 9gBallGirl are we ever going to see that look on yours and Naz's face.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Wendy still gets that twinkle in her eyes.

dg-in-centralpa
10-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Only when she thinks of what your "packing."LOL

DG

Eric.
10-04-2006, 12:02 PM
Geez Rich, I have that "haven't been fed" look on my face /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great seeing everyone! Another year, just as good as the others...

Eric &gt;let's do it again

Eric.
10-04-2006, 12:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr>Doug and Miriam, friends of JMD and Brian in Va
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid216/p7968a820dd0d7d8efe3493e930387cce/ecb0efff.jpg<hr /></blockquote>[b]Oh snap! This is the couple that sit a couple of rows behind the TV table and wear the sunglasses, right? About 2 years ago at the Open I bet Eric $20 if he were to drop some coins in their coffee cups!!!! LOL
<hr /></blockquote>

You forgot to mention that the glasses they wear are extemely dark; kinda like the one's blind people wear, LOL!

Eric &gt;wants a pencil for my 25c

9 Ball Girl
10-04-2006, 01:00 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>Wendy still gets that twinkle in her eyes. <hr /></blockquote>That's not a twinkle. That's my sparkly eye makeup. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9 Ball Girl
10-04-2006, 01:06 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Only when she thinks of what your "packing."LOL

DG <hr /></blockquote>That is true. He packs one of the most beautiful custom cues I've seen. Everybody likes it. Right, BCL? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
10-04-2006, 01:10 PM
Only you can answer that one! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG - Mary missed you as her playing partner

9 Ball Girl
10-05-2006, 07:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr>DG - Mary missed you as her playing partner <hr /></blockquote>Awwww, I missed her and everyone else too! See you in March?

dg-in-centralpa
10-05-2006, 08:02 AM
We'll be there!

DG /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric.
10-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Seems like for whatever reason, the turnout was a bit off this year. I have an idea for next year if anyone is interested...

How bout we sponsor a Pro player in the Open. We take a collection to pay his entry and possibly hotel if we raise enough funds.
All we would ask in return is taht he join us for the CCB dinner as guest of honor and play in the CCB tourney on Sat. Of course, this depends on match times and if he is still in the event.

Something like this was done on AZB and worked well. I was thinking this might be a way for a known Pro player to network with some fans, benefit from sponsorship and everyone gets a good experience from the Open.

Whadda ya think?

Eric &gt;thought about ARJ

dg-in-centralpa
10-06-2006, 06:24 AM
Eric,
Who do you have in mind? Tony Robles? I think he'd be a good choice.

DG

Eric.
10-06-2006, 08:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> Eric,
Who do you have in mind? Tony Robles? I think he'd be a good choice.

DG <hr /></blockquote>

Actually, I didn't have anyone in particular, in mind. This was just an idea after talking to ARJ.

I consider Tony a friend and would probably nominate him with my vote...

Eric

dg-in-centralpa
10-06-2006, 11:11 AM
I would second that nomination. Is Susie practicing with her new cue? Gotta get her ready for next years tournament. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DG

Eric.
10-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Right now, her(!) cue is decorating the inside of a spare cuecase...

Eric

ras314
10-08-2006, 09:21 PM
I like that idea! How's about Earl the Pearl? that could be a lot of fun and might be a big draw. Well, maybe not so good since he has insulted some friends of mine.

Actually I like the idea of Grady Matthews since he was at the only CCB dinner I have been privileged to attend.

Of course my faviourite is Evva Lawrence but they need to change the rules....

Cornerman
10-09-2006, 05:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Of course my faviourite is Evva Lawrence but they need to change the rules.... <hr /></blockquote>What rules do they have to change?

Fred

ras314
10-09-2006, 07:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> What rules do they have to change?

Fred <hr /></blockquote>

The one that seems to say no women allowed to play in the US Open.

Cornerman
10-09-2006, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>
The one that seems to say no women allowed to play in the US Open. <hr /></blockquote>Is that written down somewhere?

Fred

SPetty
10-15-2006, 11:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cornerman:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> The one that seems to say no women allowed to play in the US Open.<hr /></blockquote>Is that written down somewhere?<hr /></blockquote>Yes, if not in any official capacity, certainly from Brady here in the forums. I forget who it was that I was pissing off one time when I first discovered that fact. I verified it myself through the proper channels. But the women do get a rose just for attending as spectators - that makes up for it, eh? Or puts them in their place... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

It's true, though. The "Open" is not "Open" to any pool player, just non-female pool players - even if they're 7 years old! The excuse, er, reason is that the women have their own "Open", even though that "Open" isn't really "Open" either... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I personally think that the USOpen would be so much stronger if they allowed women to enter, and I think it would be more popular with more entrants and would attract more spectator attendees. Now if anyone could just convince the Behrman's of that...

Fran Crimi
10-15-2006, 03:49 PM
It's complicated. It all started years ago when Mackey and his group refused to allow women to play in the same venue at the same time with the men. He said, in fact, if the women want to play at the same time, (even if it was in their own event) they would have to become members of the PPPA, which was not going to happen since we had just split from them. Barry, having to be faced with a choice, either the men or the women, chose the men. Understandable.

Now, as far as the women playing with the men, the UPA has made it very clear that the women playing would have to join the UPA and give up their TV rights to them. That ain't gonna happen. Again, this leaves Barry in the middle with no choice but to go along with the men if he wants a tournament at all.

Fran~~~ I'm sure Fred meant Ewa with a "w."

Rich R.
10-15-2006, 06:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> But the women do get a rose just for attending as spectators - that makes up for it, eh? Or puts them in their place... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif<hr /></blockquote>
The practice of giving a rose to the women attending the Open is a throw back to a tradition from Barry's parents.
IIRC, Barry's father gave his mother a rose every month and their wedding anniversary.
It is Barry's way paying a little tribute to his parents.

Harold Acosta
10-15-2006, 07:38 PM
How about waiting for someone to request sponsorship next year, and then we could decide. I remember Rob Saez doing that last year, and John Schmidt this year.

One requirement would be to use the CCB logo on their shirt. Maybe a removable CCB patch. Anyone with access to an embroidery store?

Next year, John Schmidt could be invited to the CCB tourny on Saturday, along with Tony Robles who made it this year, (with a nice written invitation card) and maybe we could start something with the Pro Players attending our very own tourney...

Just a suggestion....