PDA

View Full Version : Phenolic Tips

homepc
10-04-2006, 05:12 AM
Are Phenolic tips legal in competition? A friend told me that the IPT rules states that the tip must be leather. Just wondering.....

Rich R.
10-04-2006, 06:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote homepc:</font><hr> Are Phenolic tips legal in competition? A friend told me that the IPT rules states that the tip must be leather. Just wondering..... <hr /></blockquote>
The IPT is the only organization, that I know of, that does not allow them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dr_dave
10-04-2006, 07:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote homepc:</font><hr> Are Phenolic tips legal in competition? A friend told me that the IPT rules states that the tip must be leather. Just wondering..... <hr /></blockquote>
FYI, rules from various organizations (inluding IPT) can be found under "rules" in the reference section here (http://www.engr.colostate.edu/~dga/pool/resources/index.html).

Regards,
Dave

BLACKHEART
10-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Lately I've had good success installing a solid phenolic ferrule &amp; adding a THIN water buffalo tip. It works great for breaking &amp; jumping &amp; meets the leather tip rule...JER