PDA

View Full Version : Paul Harvey Prayer



pooltchr
10-04-2006, 05:51 AM
Subject: Fw: The Rest of the Story
>>
>> Paul Harvey
>>
>> BOY, THIS GUY SURE HAS A GOOD VIEW OF WHAT'S
HAPPENING TO THIS COUNTRY! PAUL HARVEY'S ON AIR PRAYER
>>
>> "Heavenly Father, we come before you today to ask your forgiveness And to seek your direction and guidance. We know Your Word says, >> "Woe to those who call evil good," but that is
exactly what we have done. We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
>> We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
>> We have rewarded laziness and called it
welfare.
>> We have killed our unborn and called it choice.
>> We have shot abortionists and called it
justifiable.
>> We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem.
>> We have abused power and called it politics.
>> We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.
>> We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression.
>> We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.
>> Search us, Oh God, and know our hearts today; cleanse us from every sin and set us free.
>>
>>Amen!"
>>
>>Commentator Paul Harvey aired this prayer on his radio
program, "The Rest of the Story," and received a larger response to this
program than any other he has ever aired. With the Lord's help, may this
prayer sweep over our nation and wholeheartedly become our desire so
that we again can be called "One nation under God."



Sure is hard to argue with that kind of thinking!
Steve

eg8r
10-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Well, no surprise here, I agree with the prayer 100%. I love the lottery part, I have said it for a while (afer hearing a comedian state it), the Lottery is a tax on the poor. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Did anyone on the board actually hear Paul Harvey say this or is it another email travelling around that is waiting to be debunked?

eg8r

pooltchr
10-04-2006, 06:17 AM
I didn't hear it myself, but it really doesn't matter. It's the content, and it is, unfortunately, very true.
Steve

Chopstick
10-04-2006, 07:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I didn't hear it myself, but it really doesn't matter. It's the content, and it is, unfortunately, very true.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

It sounds like Paul Harvey. I always liked him.

hondo
10-04-2006, 09:42 AM
It is, overall, an excellent prayer. I don't mean
to destroy the spirit of the thread but...
I hate abortion. However, I praY that Roe vs. Wade is
never overturned. I'd hate to think that we would revert
back to butchering unwed mothers.
Whether we like it or not,and I don't like it, there are
women,whether it's legal or illegal, who are going to
seek abortions. They need to be safe.
Personally, I'm for sterilization of these welfare broads
who spit out kids for money or who use abortion for
birth control. BUT, I am AGAINST overturning Roe vs. Wade.

Drop1
10-04-2006, 10:30 AM
What a piece of emotional crap. Oh Lord throw me into that lake of fire Saint Paul says you made before you made mankind. You are the same God Osama Bin Ladin believes in right?

Deeman3
10-04-2006, 10:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> It is, overall, an excellent prayer. I don't mean
to destroy the spirit of the thread but...
I hate abortion. However, I praY that Roe vs. Wade is
never overturned. I'd hate to think that we would revert
back to butchering unwed mothers.
Whether we like it or not,and I don't like it, there are
women,whether it's legal or illegal, who are going to
seek abortions. They need to be safe. <font color="blue"> I am in full agreement with you. Sometimes you need to hold your nose even if you are, in principal, against a practice. The overturn of this decision would set us back in women's healthcare and many would just get dangerous back street abortions. I don't think any reasonable person should support that. </font color>
Personally, I'm for sterilization of these welfare broads
who spit out kids for money or who use abortion for
birth control. BUT, I am AGAINST overturning Roe vs. Wade. <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> It's funny how you have to prove your abi9lity to adopt a child and even have to show some certification or experience to cut hair, yet the most unsuitable among us can crank out children without end. </font color>

Chopstick
10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman3:</font><hr> <font color="blue"> It's funny how you have to prove your abi9lity to adopt a child and even have to show some certification or experience to cut hair, yet the most unsuitable among us can crank out children without end. </font color> <hr /></blockquote>


A license to bear children? I would agree with that idea. The test should be harder than the drivers test I think. If child bearing were restricted to qualified individuals then the quality of life for all of us would improve.

hondo
10-04-2006, 12:08 PM
A license to bear children? I would agree with that idea. The test should be harder than the drivers test I think.
If child bearing were restricted to qualified individuals
then the quality of life for all of us would improve.




.................................................. ....
Tap! TAP! Tap!

<hr /></blockquote>

pooltchr
10-04-2006, 12:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> What a piece of emotional crap. Oh Lord throw me into that lake of fire Saint Paul says you made before you made mankind. You are the same God Osama Bin Ladin believes in right? <hr /></blockquote>

Was there an intelligent point hidden in this post, or did you just feel the need to spew???
Steve

Deeman3
10-04-2006, 01:39 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> What a piece of emotional crap. Oh Lord throw me into that lake of fire Saint Paul says you made before you made mankind. You are the same God Osama Bin Ladin believes in right? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Harry,

How far up were you when you were dropped on your head as a youth? </font color> /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DeeMan
nothing but Christian love for you baby......

nAz
10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
hmm well I think prayer does not work but if it makes one feel better for themselves then go right a head...
i don't understand this line... "We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment." which values?

I'd to see him add this line to his prayer we have allowed multi-national corporations to make decisions affecting all mankind without regulation.

Drop1
10-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Nothing but Christian love,started the Inqisition. You know you once called me an idiot. I just don't like to see young girls killed one day,and the next someone using God to their own way of thinking. Think about it for a moment if there is one God,and the Jews,the Christians,and the Musilums,all go to Abraham,who by the way was also reserected,as were others in the Old Testement,then that God must be the God of all. Paul Harvey is using God to play on peoples emotions,and if you can't see that,you're the idiot. I was talking to a buddy of mine today,about no athiests in fox holes...he has three silver stars,he looks at me and says "What was I doing there then?" I wonder what people in Iraq pray for,or the aids victims in Africa,or the people waiting for relief from Katrina. Lets ask Paul Harvey,he could write a prayer that would change the world for them.

Drop1
10-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Depends on how intelligent you are.

Deeman3
10-04-2006, 04:00 PM
Your assumption is that I beleive prayer or religous faith prevent or change what happens in the world.

I have called many idiot and have had the same done to me. I apoligise if you were offended. Really....

DeeMan

Drop1
10-04-2006, 04:17 PM
If prayer does not work,why pray. I assume people that pray believe their prayers are heard,and the laws of nature can be changed to their favor. I don't happen to agree. Calling me an idiot,did not rock my world,so don't give it more thought.

pooltchr
10-04-2006, 04:56 PM
OK, forget for a minute that it was presented as a prayer...consider the points made:

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
&gt;&gt; We have rewarded laziness and called it
welfare.
&gt;&gt; We have killed our unborn and called it choice.
&gt;&gt; We have shot abortionists and called it
justifiable.
&gt;&gt; We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem.
&gt;&gt; We have abused power and called it politics.
&gt;&gt; We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.
&gt;&gt; We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression.
&gt;&gt; We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

These are some valid observations of the changes in our society over several years. And our society has deteriorated during that same period. Example - the recent killing at the Amish school in Pennsylvania.

We have created a society of self-centered individuals who have no respect for the lives of others, and who seem to believe they can do whatever they want. Foley propositions young boys, and when caught, says it is because he was abused as a boy himself. BS!!! So many seem to refuse to accept personal responsibility and accountability for their own actions. Morals are a thing of the past. If you cling to them, you are ridiculed by the "enlightened" members of society who laugh at Christian values. I hate to inform you, but it was a much better world when more people had them! Our kids were safe in school, or on the playground. We were safe in the parking lot of the shopping centers.
Until we begin to respect others, rather than just looking out for number one, it isn't going to get any better.
Steve
Steve

Drop1
10-04-2006, 05:44 PM
I like it better,not written as a prayer. I do believe the use of the word "we" over,and over is a ploy to create guilt. You are right this is a less forgiving world. When I was growing up, I could walk home after a football game,and not worry. Now you can be killed,because you made eye contact with some hopped up dopper with a gun. I do believe love can change the world,and prayer can change you,and people like Mr.Harvey diminish Christian values,by the comercializaton for profit of Christianity.

DickLeonard
10-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Hondo so should the test for the Marriage License be harder than filling out your names.####

hondo
10-05-2006, 05:09 AM
There is ONE God. Unfortunately, by the time he filters
down to man, he often gets lost in the translation.
The mistake that man makes is that he thinks God either
meddles in man's affairs or doesn't exist at all.
I think he usually stays out of things &amp; lets us
screw up on our own.
Your relationship with God is a personal thing and
praying for world-wide actions couldn't hurt
but is probably futile.


<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Nothing but Christian love,started the Inqisition. You know you once called me an idiot. I just don't like to see young girls killed one day,and the next someone using God to their own way of thinking. Think about it for a moment if there is one God,and the Jews,the Christians,and the Musilums,all go to Abraham,who by the way was also reserected,as were others in the Old Testement,then that God must be the God of all. Paul Harvey is using God to play on peoples emotions,and if you can't see that,you're the idiot. I was talking to a buddy of mine today,about no athiests in fox holes...he has three silver stars,he looks at me and says "What was I doing there then?" I wonder what people in Iraq pray for,or the aids victims in Africa,or the people waiting for relief from Katrina. Lets ask Paul Harvey,he could write a prayer that would change the world for them. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-05-2006, 05:12 AM
True prayer is not a petition,although it could be;
it is a dialogue. Open communication, that's the
ticket, man.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> If prayer does not work,why pray. I assume people that pray believe their prayers are heard,and the laws of nature can be changed to their favor. I don't happen to agree. Calling me an idiot,did not rock my world,so don't give it more thought. <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-05-2006, 05:14 AM
Couldn't have said it better, Hoss.


<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> OK, forget for a minute that it was presented as a prayer...consider the points made:

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
&gt;&gt; We have rewarded laziness and called it
welfare.
&gt;&gt; We have killed our unborn and called it choice.
&gt;&gt; We have shot abortionists and called it
justifiable.
&gt;&gt; We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self esteem.
&gt;&gt; We have abused power and called it politics.
&gt;&gt; We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.
&gt;&gt; We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression.
&gt;&gt; We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.

These are some valid observations of the changes in our society over several years. And our society has deteriorated during that same period. Example - the recent killing at the Amish school in Pennsylvania.

We have created a society of self-centered individuals who have no respect for the lives of others, and who seem to believe they can do whatever they want. Foley propositions young boys, and when caught, says it is because he was abused as a boy himself. BS!!! So many seem to refuse to accept personal responsibility and accountability for their own actions. Morals are a thing of the past. If you cling to them, you are ridiculed by the "enlightened" members of society who laugh at Christian values. I hate to inform you, but it was a much better world when more people had them! Our kids were safe in school, or on the playground. We were safe in the parking lot of the shopping centers.
Until we begin to respect others, rather than just looking out for number one, it isn't going to get any better.
Steve
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-05-2006, 05:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr> Hondo so should the test for the Marriage License be harder than filling out your names.#### <hr /></blockquote>

Hey, don't forget the blood test. I studied for 2 weeks
for that test!

Deeman3
10-05-2006, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> True prayer is not a petition,although it could be;
it is a dialogue. Open communication, that's the
ticket, man.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> If prayer does not work,why pray. I assume people that pray believe their prayers are heard,and the laws of nature can be changed to their favor. I don't happen to agree. Calling me an idiot,did not rock my world,so don't give it more thought. <hr /></blockquote> <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> Well said Hondo. </font color>

DeeMan

pooltchr
10-05-2006, 06:15 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote hondo:</font><hr> True prayer is not a petition,although it could be;
it is a dialogue. Open communication, that's the
ticket, man.

<hr /></blockquote>
Actually, the Bible teaches us how to pray.
Show reverence (Hallowed be thy name)
You are in charge (Thy will be done)
Help with my needs (Give us our daily bread)
Show mercy (forgive us our trespasses)
Help me do the same (as we forgive...)
Give me guidance (Lead us not into temptation)
Protect me (Deliver us from evil)
Everything is ultimately yours (thine is the kingdom, power, and glory)

That is a pretty good guideline for open communication, as well as petitioning. Prayer doesn't work unless someone knows how to pray.

Steve

eg8r
10-05-2006, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If prayer does not work,why pray. I assume people that pray believe their prayers are heard,and the laws of nature can be changed to their favor. <hr /></blockquote> I think you are lumping all prayer into one bucket. The main purpose of prayer is NOT to ask for things. Without going into this too deep, prayer is your time with God. This is a time to build a relationship with him and repent. Praying to win the lotto will probably not be very successful, however praying for wisdom on how to handle your money and exhaustively seeking God's word on how to handle money will be successful as long as you implement what you are learning. You might be surprised that tithing is not the most talked about subject in reference to money in the Bible. However, most non-christians will ONLY bring up the tithing portion.

You don't seem too interested in learning any more than what you already think you know so hopefully this helps.

eg8r

eg8r
10-05-2006, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Prayer doesn't work unless someone knows how to pray.
<hr /></blockquote> Well, I am a bit surprised to see this much discussion on prayer on this forum, but I have to partly disagree with this statement. When someone reads your post they might think the only way to pray is to quote the Lord's prayer (which may or may not have been your intention). This is not true. However, Hondo said it perfectly, open communication. When you pray you are building your relationship with God. The only times I can think of prayer not working are when the heart is not right at the point of the prayer. As an example I had shown in another post, praying to win the lottery will not work, however praying for the wisdom to handle finances and having the desire to seek out the Bible will work.

eg8r

eg8r
10-05-2006, 07:35 AM
Great post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

Chopstick
10-05-2006, 07:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I like it better,not written as a prayer. I do believe the use of the word "we" over,and over is a ploy to create guilt. You are right this is a less forgiving world. When I was growing up, I could walk home after a football game,and not worry. Now you can be killed,because you made eye contact with some hopped up dopper with a gun. I do believe love can change the world,and prayer can change you,and people like Mr.Harvey diminish Christian values,by the comercializaton for profit of Christianity. <hr /></blockquote>

He doesn't have to create guilt. We are guilty and I don't see it as a religious issue. What he is describing are the standards of common decency that we have abandoned in favour of the "let it all hang out because it is my right" society. Just because you have the right doesn't make it right.

I once saw an unusual cave man skeleton on TV. The thing about it was that the individual had suffered a crippling injury when he was young, yet he had lived to a relatively old age. Given the nature of his injury it was clearly impossible that he could have survived on his own. Someone had taken care of him his whole life.

The time of the skeleton was before complex language existed. Without complex language religion cannot exist. Yet altruism clearly existed in this individuals group. These standards of common decency did not come from religion even though they have been incorporated into it. They are the foundation of civilization itself.

It doesn't have to be a hopped up doper that will shoot you for making eye contact. In certain areas anyone will. What does it say about a society when ones proficency to commit violent acts against others is considered a matter of pride. There used to be a song on the radio where the guy screamed it out over and over "Now you're messing with a SOB". I'm sure he and his fans are very proud of themselves.

When the value of human life has fallen so low, what does that do to other values like common courtesy? We are all guilty of abandoning virtues that our ancestors knew instinctively.

hondo
10-05-2006, 08:18 AM
Very good. I might add that Christians are judged by
their words &amp; actions and their charity towards others.


<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
If prayer does not work,why pray. I assume people that pray believe their prayers are heard,and the laws of nature can be changed to their favor. <hr /></blockquote> I think you are lumping all prayer into one bucket. The main purpose of prayer is NOT to ask for things. Without going into this too deep, prayer is your time with God. This is a time to build a relationship with him and repent. Praying to win the lotto will probably not be very successful, however praying for wisdom on how to handle your money and exhaustively seeking God's word on how to handle money will be successful as long as you implement what you are learning. You might be surprised that tithing is not the most talked about subject in reference to money in the Bible. However, most non-christians will ONLY bring up the tithing portion.

You don't seem too interested in learning any more than what you already think you know so hopefully this helps.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

hondo
10-05-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks, Eg. I've enjoyed your comments on prayer too.
Looks like we've found some common ground after all.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Prayer doesn't work unless someone knows how to pray.
<hr /></blockquote> Well, I am a bit surprised to see this much discussion on prayer on this forum, but I have to partly disagree with this statement. When someone reads your post they might think the only way to pray is to quote the Lord's prayer (which may or may not have been your intention). This is not true. However, Hondo said it perfectly, open communication. When you pray you are building your relationship with God. The only times I can think of prayer not working are when the heart is not right at the point of the prayer. As an example I had shown in another post, praying to win the lottery will not work, however praying for the wisdom to handle finances and having the desire to seek out the Bible will work.

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
10-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Steve, while Paul aired it on his radio show, and got a tremendous response....he didn't write it....here's the story:
web page (http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/wright.asp)

eg8r
10-05-2006, 10:11 AM
I figured something like this had happened. 9 times out of 10 email stories are a hoax. As Steve did point out, in the end who said is not the real issue, the prayer was right on the money.

eg8r

eg8r
10-05-2006, 10:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very good. I might add that Christians are judged by
their words &amp; actions and their charity towards others. <hr /></blockquote> Do you mean judged by their peers or the judgement seat? I just went through a course by John Bevere called Driven by Eternity. More than once he said Christians will not be judged by their actions, rather they will be judged (refering to Judgement Day) against what they were called to do. This is his interpretation, but it does force you to think about it. I find myself asking for forgiveness for my actions too often. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-05-2006, 10:16 AM
don't get me wrong...it's a powerful message, and that Paul wasn't it's author, doesn't detract from it....but there has been many things credited to Mr. Harvey that were not true.

eg8r
10-05-2006, 10:16 AM
Religion and pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Can't go wrong with that.

eg8r

pooltchr
10-05-2006, 10:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> When someone reads your post they might think the only way to pray is to quote the Lord's prayer (which may or may not have been your intention).
<font color="red"> Not my intention at all. The Lord's Prayer is a guideline for HOW to pray, not WHAT to pray for </font color>

This is not true. However, Hondo said it perfectly, open communication. When you pray you are building your relationship with God. The only times I can think of prayer not working are when the heart is not right at the point of the prayer. As an example I had shown in another post, praying to win the lottery will not work, however praying for the wisdom to handle finances and having the desire to seek out the Bible will work.
<font color="red"> I totally agree. </font color>

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Reminds me of an old joke. Sister Mary keeps praying to win the lottery to get money to help the convent. She doesn't win, she prays again next week, she doesn't win again. The next week, she prays "God, you say you answer prayers, but you don't answer mine to win the lottery for the convent. A booming voice responds, "Sister, you gotta help me out here...how about buying a lottery ticket!!!!"

God doesn't always do things for us, but will help us use the gifts and talents he has given to us.
Steve

eg8r
10-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I agree, which is why I had asked the question in the beginning. There was another email that went around that talked about 9/11 and the events being called out in the Koran. The email even gave specific chapters in the Koran. If I remember correctly the chapters did not even exist. These types of emails travel fast because they are sent to like minded people who are apt to continue forwarding them on.

This is one of those examples where the message is true, the delivery is just off a bit. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

wolfdancer
10-05-2006, 11:00 AM
Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Snopes also has this as false

hondo
10-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Well, I'm a Baptist and that's what the Baptists believe
too. Works will NOT get you into Heaven. We are saved
only by the grace of God. Kinda neat. Saves me from having
to do much.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Very good. I might add that Christians are judged by
their words &amp; actions and their charity towards others. <hr /></blockquote> Do you mean judged by their peers or the judgement seat? I just went through a course by John Bevere called Driven by Eternity. More than once he said Christians will not be judged by their actions, rather they will be judged (refering to Judgement Day) against what they were called to do. This is his interpretation, but it does force you to think about it. I find myself asking for forgiveness for my actions too often. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
10-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Of course all prayers go to one God,or the bucket as your metaphor indicates. Your last sentence,should read,that I don't agree with you,and it is obvious I should only learn what you think is worth learning. Sorry pal,I think you need to do some home work. And not judge me,but judge your self.

hondo
10-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Judging you? What last sentence? Since I've already
been accused, it does appear that something along the
way has made you bitter towards God. An alternative
to organized religion might be Zen or The Tao.
Non- judgemental plus might help your pool game.


<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Of course all prayers go to one God,or the bucket as your metaphor indicates. Your last sentence,should read,that I don't agree with you,and it is obvious I should only learn what you think is worth learning. Sorry pal,I think you need to do some home work. And not judge me,but judge your self. <hr /></blockquote>

Drop1
10-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Hondo,I don't know how that post got your name on it. It was meant to respond to a post by eg8r. Check back on the thread. I never had a bad experience,that could be called an act of God,nor have I had a good experience that I would call an act of God.

TomBrooklyn
10-06-2006, 01:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nAz:</font><hr>I think prayer does not work but if it makes one feel better for themselves then go right a head... <hr /></blockquote>If it makes one feel better or better able to function/cope/hope/love/other isn't it working?

llotter
10-06-2006, 01:39 AM
And all this time I thought shooting abortionists was fully justified!!!

hondo
10-06-2006, 05:20 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote llotter:</font><hr> And all this time I thought shooting abortionists was fully justified!!! <hr /></blockquote>

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Chopstick
10-06-2006, 08:46 AM
The man says to God "What's a million dollars to you?"
God says "A penny."

The man says to God "What's a million years to you?"
God says "A second."

The man says to God "Will you give me a penny?"
God says "Yes, I will. Just give me a second."

/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif