PDA

View Full Version : Fox on Foley

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Sean Hannity last nite was complaining about the "dirty tricks" by the Dems, of leaking this story just before election time. He also questioned the legality of printing
the private emails....

If any Dem though, knew about this and waited until now to leak the story....then they are in the same class as any Rep that attempted to bury the story. Here's the photo of Foley that Fox showed???
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2732/2rcsc95dq5.jpg

Fran Crimi
10-04-2006, 08:32 AM
It's politics as usual to resort to dirty tricks and it's politics as usual to complain about them.

Larry King asked Bob Woodward why he waited so long to come forward with his allegations in his book. Woodward responded matter-of-factily that the publishers wanted to wait until closer to the election to release the book. Apparently Woodward didn't have a problem with it. He never said he offered up a dispute about it. What happened to his concern for the country? Obviously he had no problem in his willingness to put his important message on hold for a couple of years. Nice.

Fran

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Fran, I believe this is Bob's third book now, on the GWB admin...and he was criticized on the first two, for being biased towards Bush.
The timing of the release date was probably for sales, since political interest is highest near election time.....and if the allegations are true, then people should be informed before they cast their ballot....
Would it have been more fair to write an expose....after the elections????....or more fair to sit on the Foley news until after???
I guess it depends on which side of the political fence that one sits on.
Wasn't it your Mr. Nixon who perfected "dirty tricks"?

DickLeonard
10-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Wolfdancer gee I can't believe that gas is down 60 cents a gallon yet every major highway I ride on is jam packed. It goes along withh my conspiracy theory that it is election time.

What a dirty trick they pulled on us the other 23 months. ####

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Dick, I had the same thoughts the other day when I filled up....and coincidently the DJ reached a new high.
Maybe in the DJ thing though....folks are just elated over the belief that we will be sweeping out the trash soon....

pooltchr
10-04-2006, 09:49 AM
The Dow has been pushing for a new record high for a while. It actually broke the record last week, but closed lower. Since the Dow is an indicator of expected profitibility of business, and oil has dropped over $10 a barrel in the past few weeks, costs to business for manufacturing and transportation will drop, and profits should improve. It's all cause and effect. One thing leads to another. It really all makes sense when you think about it.
Steve

pooltchr
10-04-2006, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> The timing of the release date was probably for sales, since political interest is highest near election time <hr /></blockquote>

Do you really believe that, or is it just a way to spin it so it doesn't look so much like politics? I think Fran hit the nail on the head. It's the way our political system operates these days. Each party is totally focused on destroying the other....and they don't care if they take down the country in the process. It makes me sick.
Steve

hondo
10-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Yep. I have to agree.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> The timing of the release date was probably for sales, since political interest is highest near election time <hr /></blockquote>

Do you really believe that, or is it just a way to spin it so it doesn't look so much like politics? I think Fran hit the nail on the head. It's the way our political system operates these days. Each party is totally focused on destroying the other....and they don't care if they take down the country in the process. It makes me sick.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>

DickLeonard
10-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Pooltchr right wingers are pro business till it gets in their way then its Politics. The Publisher buys the rights to the book and then its his baby to release it when it will give him the greatest return. The American Way,Money First.

Why would they publish it in January. That is usually when the stuff Karl Rove has been hiding from the public comes out, and of course another Book Deal.####

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 12:18 PM
Do I believe that?...yes,I do...and believe it may have been timed to influence the elections as well.
But I also believe that people should know the truth about who they are voting for...and the only way this book could be "damaging" is if it wasn't the truth.
As for Mr. Foley....I'd agree that if the info was withheld, then released to affect the elections....then it is as wrong as trying to hide it by the other side...until after the elections.

wolfdancer
10-04-2006, 12:25 PM
It's a coincidence then, that oil dropped $10 a barrel?
As for the DJ...I remember once when Gerald Ford hit his head disembarking from Air Force One....and the DJ dropped appreciably the next day. Somebody in the past few years won a Nobel Prize for showing that the market is as driven by emotions as it is by reality.

pooltchr
10-04-2006, 12:54 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It's a coincidence then, that oil dropped $10 a barrel?
<hr /></blockquote>

No coincidence...there are some very valid reasons for the price drop. If you recall last year, a rather large storm hit the gulf coast and reduced our refining capacity. Oil prices went up as a result. If you noticed, there has been nothing negative to impact our ability to produce refined oil products this year. There is enough <font color="red"> supply </font color> to meet <font color="red">demand </font color> , and prices come back down.

Supply and Demand...it's how our economy works! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Steve

Qtec
10-04-2006, 06:55 PM
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2732/2rcsc95dq5.jpg

Imagine in Foley had been Democrat? What would the Fox caption on the screen be.

"Dem Sexual-deviant Gay predator speaks.
FOX........Breaking News........"

Q.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Qtec
10-04-2006, 07:09 PM
How many times is this Govt going to play 'shoot the messenger '
Every single time a respected person [ Clarke, Powell, Wilson, Woodward and a hoard of others] gives a version of events that differs from their own , they go for the guy.

Maybe Woodward waited with his biggest criticism of GW till now is because GW will not be the next Pres. If he had published this book in 2004? It might have had an effect on the election!
Maybe he was conscientious?

Q

pooltchr
10-05-2006, 06:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> How many times is this Govt going to play 'shoot the messenger '
Every single time a respected person [ Clarke, Powell, Wilson, Woodward and a hoard of others] gives a version of events that differs from their own , they go for the guy.

Maybe Woodward waited with his biggest criticism of GW till now is because GW will not be the next Pres. If he had published this book in 2004? It might have had an effect on the election!

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Woodward made his name with the Watergate book. Now he's going after this administration. Has he ever done an investigation into a Democrat? I'm not posting this to start a political flame-war. I just don't remember him ever digging into anyone other than Republican's. If someone knows of any examples, please let me know.
Steve

hondo
10-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Ah, to be Republican and innocent of the way
the people in power think. I used to think everybody
woke up after Nam &amp; Watergate. I was wrong.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> It's a coincidence then, that oil dropped $10 a barrel?
<hr /></blockquote>

No coincidence...there are some very valid reasons for the price drop. If you recall last year, a rather large storm hit the gulf coast and reduced our refining capacity. Oil prices went up as a result. If you noticed, there has been nothing negative to impact our ability to produce refined oil products this year. There is enough <font color="red"> supply </font color> to meet <font color="red">demand </font color> , and prices come back down.

Supply and Demand...it's how our economy works! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hondo
10-05-2006, 07:10 AM
I heard he thoroughly examined Monica Lewinsky once.
But maybe it was just a gentle probe.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Qtec:</font><hr> How many times is this Govt going to play 'shoot the messenger '

Q <hr /></blockquote>

Woodward made his name with the Watergate book. Now he's going after this administration. Has he ever done an investigation into a Democrat? I'm not posting this to start a political flame-war. I just don't remember him ever digging into anyone other than Republican's. If someone knows of any examples, please let me know.

eg8r
10-05-2006, 07:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If any Dem though, knew about this and waited until now to leak the story....then they are in the same class as any Rep that attempted to bury the story. <hr /></blockquote> I agree with you.

eg8r

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Fran,
No offence, but that isn't what he said. He said, he just finished the book two months ago, and the publisher rushed it into print.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Q, I have this classified tape of Rep. Foley in conversation with a page. Devastating stuff if the matter ever ends up in court.
web page (http://www.dailywav.com/0801/naked.wav)
If that doesn't work??
web page (http://frogstar.soylentgeek.com/wav/naked1.wav)

DickLeonard
10-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Pooltchr maybe Bob Woodward finds Republicans frought with Liars,Scoundrels,misfits and incompetence which is much easier to write about than honest hard working competent people.####

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Good ol' spin doctor Sean! He's also saying that Monika was only 19, when she was 22! And that Foley and Hastard are both Democrats! Well, showing pictures of them with Democrat under their names! Now Fox is saying that this recent former aid who has revealed that he told the top seniors, aka, Hastard, Boemer, Frist, etc, about Foley's shenannigans, years ago, is a Democrat, when he has been a Republican throughout his voting years. Fox is also saying, why didn't the Dems do anything about this. Well, seems that the Republicans on the Ethics committee, didn't tell the Democrat about it in the first place!

There are quite a few gay republicans who haven't come out. There is some tention among those gays on the hill who are openly gay, and those who hide it. I'm quite sure the family values party, and their resident Christian homosexuals, swept this under the rug as fast as they could!

Gayle in Md.

Hey, we live in a day when a foreign policy of containment, (which btw, worked beautifully during the cold war with Russia, and was working well with Iraq, atleast much better than this mess) is now called appeasment! Accountability, is labeled, the blame game, and a President, who simply changes the law, to avoid breaking it, and pardons himself, for all past and future law breaking! When I read that some Republican spent, or has earmarked, 2 million dollars for a galla celebration in Washington, for success in Iraq, I'll tell ya, Madison Avenue has nothing on this bunch!

Gayle in Md.

pooltchr
10-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Dick,
Believe it or not, the Dems are not all that comfortable with this Foley thing. Several of their leaders are cautioning against making too much out of it for fear that there may be much more of this kind of thing going on...on BOTH sides of the aisle. People who live in glass houses...
Steve

Deeman3
10-05-2006, 10:36 AM
I am not comfortable with the Folley thing myself. If the leadership of the party knew this along with any others that let it go on one second longer then necessary, they should be drummed out of office.

The possible taking of elections from dim witted and not too bright opponents is a long way from exposing children to perverts just to not rock the boat.

DeeMan

wolfdancer
10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Dee, i just couldn't agree more...
[ QUOTE ]
The possible taking of elections from dim witted and not too bright opponents is a long way from exposing children to perverts just to not rock the boat. <hr /></blockquote>
If any Democrat knew about this, he should have done something immediately, instead of waiting to sandbag some dim-witted foe with the story.
While it seems on the surface that we are the clearly superior moral party, (according to the latest indictments ratio)....it also seems we have picked up a few dirty tricks from the other side

pooltchr
10-05-2006, 01:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>
While it seems on the surface that we are the clearly superior moral party, (according to the latest indictments ratio)....<hr /></blockquote>

If you guys ever figure out how to win a majority, you will see this statement is not true. The party in power is always the one that is looked at the closest. When you look close at either party, the skeletons are going to come out.
Steve

Fran Crimi
10-05-2006, 06:28 PM
What kind of a person do you think I am? Stupid? Ignorant? Unable to remember something I just heard from the horse's mouth?

I know what he said. I watched the interview. Did you? Did anyone else see it? I even remember thinking that I thought it was admirable of him to have the guts to admit it.

Now, notice what I wrote, Gayle. I wrote that Larry King asked Bob Woodward why he waited so long to come forward with the ALLEGATIONS --- not why he waited so long to publish the book. He probably could have brought much of this information out within a year or two after 9-11, but it wouldn't have the same impact as it would in a tell-all best seller, which is what I think he was trying to say by the publisher wanting him to wait.

What you wrote had nothing to do with Larry's question or Woodward's answer.

Fran

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey, take it easy, will ya? I saw him, not one program, but four, and have them all taped, and have his book in my hand. He plainly stated that he only finished the book two months ago, and that the publisher rushed it into print. And no, I don't think you're stupid, or ignorant. Maybe you misunderstood him? When asked why he hadn't included more of the information in his other two previous books about Bush, he said, he simply didn't know about them at that time. Woodward, IMO, is an excellent reporter, and very unbiased.

Asked about the timing of the book so close to the election, Woodward revealed that the publication date for the book was originally late-October – but he pushed Simon &amp; Schuster to get it out so it wasn’t quite so close to the voting: “It’s a miracle what Simon &amp; Schuster did to get it out as soon as possible.” Earlier today on TV, Woodward had said that he always intended to get it published before the election, feeling that people should have the information before then, and then make up their own minds.

Really Fran, this doesn't sound like someone who wanted to do anything but inform the public with factual information. He also stated that the book was just completed just two months ago. Your original post seemed to suggest some sort of political agenda. I don't think that was the case. The man is a reporter.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Well, I see you deleted the "How dare you!" from this post. Good for you. Now notice, Fran, Woodward is saying in all his interviews, that he did not have the information in this book, at the time he wrote the other two books. then read your first post in this thread.

[ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Apparently Woodward didn't have a problem with it. He never said he offered up a dispute about it. What happened to his concern for the country? Obviously he had no problem in his willingness to put his important message on hold for a couple of years. Nice.

Fran
---------------------------------------------------

He doesn't have a habit of writing things that he can't prove. He uses more than one source, and won't write it until he has investigated thoroughly. Your first post was clearly an attack on his motives in releasing the book at this time. Dont try to confuse. He couldn't possibly release this book, a year after 9/11, when it wasn't even written yet, and much of what is in it, hadn't even happened yet.

Gayle in Md.

wolfdancer
10-05-2006, 08:03 PM
The way I see it...if he could have published the book much earlier, maybe many would have forgotten it's contents?, or if he waited until after the elections, few would have known it's contents. No question though that the book being published now, so near to elections, will have the maximum impact on influencing votes.
BUT, if the book's contents are factual....what is the problem?

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 08:21 PM
I agree. Why shouldn't voters have the information, unless, of course, people don't want us to know the truth, lol.

This is going to be very interesting, to me, atleast. Before both his first two books, he was given access to the White House, and plenty of time to interview Bush. This time, when he sent them his outline of questions, Bush refused to see him, lol. Well, looks to me like Woodward has learned some new information since writing the first two books. Haven't we all? Well, some of us, lol.

Now what I find so interesting is that Woodward is so very thorough. He is very careful about getting more than one source, usually three, to verify everything, before he goes to print. The White House is hoppin' mad. Rice is red faced and irrate. They're making all kinds of denials, excuse the pun, pretty funny though, given the title, lol. So I think it will be very interesting to see how this thing shakes out, as Bush and Company try to prove Woodward's information wrong. They're going to have a tough time of it, between this book, "Fiasco" and "Hubris" especially, when all three books are written by very respected journalists, and say many of the same things, and BTW, affirm much of what Richard Clarke wrote, four years ago!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Dick,
After the election, I hope Americans will get their eyes opened on the whole bogus supply and demand excuse, when the price of gas goes through the roof! Funny though, how are they going to scare us with orange terror threat levels, and at the same time tell us we're safer now, than we were before, especially with this report out from sixteen of our own National Security intel agencies saying just the opposite!

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 08:47 PM
Steve,
He just finished the book two months ago. What was he supposed to do? Does it occur to you that maybe, just maybe, there are things in this book that we should know about before we go into the booth? Hey, I didn't hear any complaints about his first two books, now he has found out more information, and much has happened since then. Why not read the book, and then make your decisions?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Steve,
If you go to CNN's website, and type into the search, Larry King/Bob Woodward, you'll see plenty there about Monika, and also, Woodward's forgiving opinions on Plamegate.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in MD
10-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Me too! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Fran Crimi
10-06-2006, 04:06 AM
Okay, I'll say it now. How dare you?

Just one time, Gayle, I would like you to give me the benefit of the doubt. Just one time. Just one time I would like you to try to understand what I was trying to say. Just one time. You ramble on and on with your own agenda, not caring one iota what anyone else who disagrees with you has to say. That is just plain sick. I'm a good and decent person. I've always treated you with respect and tried to understand where you were coming from whenever you posted up your opinion. However, your constant ridicule of anyone who doesn't agree with you is sickening.

I stand by what I said. I saw the interview. My point was crystal clear. If your mind is so muddy that you can't even see that, then I feel sorry for you. And yes, you bet I'm angry. Stay away from me and my posts.

Fran

Qtec
10-06-2006, 06:44 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Sean Hannity last nite was complaining about the "dirty tricks" by the Dems, of leaking this story just before election time. He also questioned the legality of printing
the private emails....

If any Dem though, knew about this and waited until now to leak the story....then they are in the same class as any Rep that attempted to bury the story. Here's the photo of Foley that Fox showed???
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2732/2rcsc95dq5.jpg <hr /></blockquote>

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7065/364/1600/Fox-Foley-Dem-1.jpg

Another classic. Reid???????????? http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7065/364/320/Fox_Foley_3.jpg

Q

Gayle in MD
10-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Okay, I'll say it now. How dare you?

How dare I? How dare I what? Offer additional information? Did I not begin my post to you..."No offence, Fran, but...

Just one time, Gayle, I would like you to give me the benefit of the doubt. Just one time. Just one time I would like you to try to understand what I was trying to say.

I understood exactly what you were trying to say, that he didn't care about the country, the he timed the release of the book in order to hurt the Republican party, thereby, having no concern for the country... I'm simply saying, I don't think so, according to his words, and the pertinent facts.

Just one time. You ramble on and on with your own agenda, not caring one iota what anyone else who disagrees with you has to say.

If I didn't care about what you said, why would I bother responding?

That is just plain sick.

Thanks Fran, I've never written such things to you.

I'm a good and decent person.

I agree.

I've always treated you with respect and tried to understand where you were coming from whenever you posted up your opinion. However, your constant ridicule of anyone who doesn't agree with you is sickening.

How did I ridicule you? Seems to me, I'm the one being attacked here.....

I stand by what I said. I saw the interview. My point was crystal clear.

Ditto

If your mind is so muddy that you can't even see that, then I feel sorry for you.

WE have different opinions about what Bod Woodwards intentions were in writing the book...and the release date And, about what he said in the interview. You think he has lost concern for the country, or so you stated, and that he held back all this information until now, for a hidden personal agenda, or atleast that's what I got from your original post. I tried to give you some reasons why I didn't think that was so, and tried to do so in a polite way. What I heard him say was that he had uncovered much of the information in this book, after writing the other two books, and didn't know about his present assertions, until, during this last year and a half, when he started interviewing people for State Of Denial. My answer to your points, in your original post, which I am still asking you about, was...How could he have witheld information, as you suggested, in order to bring it out now, which, as you referred to as, "what happened to his concern for the country?" which, I guess, from your view, would mean, hurting the Republican Party, when he just started the book a year and a half ago, and just finished it two months ago. How do his actions show that he has no concern for the country? You can't earmark information, for a later date, that you don't yet have. Anyway, Isn't it important for us to know the truth, before we vote?

And yes, you bet I'm angry. Stay away from me and my posts.

Fran

Will do, Fran, and, all the best to you...