PDA

View Full Version : clean linen wrap?

SteveFromNY
10-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I spilled some pepsi all over my cue some years ago and to this day have sticky residue all over my wrap. How can I effectively clean it without damaging it?

bsmutz
10-05-2006, 10:30 AM
I'd just wipe it down with a damp cloth, the less lint the better (a micro cloth would be great or a chamois). You can pick up either one at any auto parts store or in the auto supply section of your local super store. You could also use some Fabreze, Blue Coral, or other type spray on cleaner (I'd spray it on the cloth and then wipe the wrap down). If you do a search, you should be able to find more suggestions.

SoCalCarl
10-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Sometimes cleaning the wrap leaves it feeling dry. I've read (and it worked for me) that you can lightly rub it down with a piece of wax paper to seal it. Perhaps there are others with an opinion on this practice.

14oneman
10-06-2006, 07:25 PM
Try cleaning the wrap with a 50/50 mixture of water and rubbing alchohol. SoCalCarl is right on about the wax paper for replacing the tacky feel or you can spray the wrap with spray starch. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif