PDA

View Full Version : Who picks the crops

Drop1
10-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Americans do not work in the fields,and fruit and vegtables are rotting,because the people who did this work cannot cross the border. Why can't this administration come up with a guest worker program so farmers can harvest their crops? Farmers are not going to be able to borrow money,because the banks are going to be afraid there will be no harvest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

wolfdancer
10-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Here's my idea...the Wal-Mart workers...Wal-Marts latest corporate strategy is to cap wages, and use more part time help.So I'm thinking 20 hrs at WM/20 more in the fields...WM can even sell them the short hoes to use.

llotter
10-06-2006, 02:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Here's my idea...the Wal-Mart workers...Wal-Marts latest corporate strategy is to cap wages, and use more part time help.So I'm thinking 20 hrs at WM/20 more in the fields...WM can even sell them the short hoes to use. <hr /></blockquote>
Great idea. It'll help getting back to the basics and in touch with real earthy way of life again, like gardening. And we should divest ourselves of that outmoded 40 hours work week and overtime pay. In reality, we all work for ourselves and what self-respecting entrepreneur limits themselves to so few hours each week.
[/list]

Rich R.
10-06-2006, 02:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>WM can even sell them the short hoes to use. <hr /></blockquote>
What about those who prefer tall hoes? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

eg8r
10-06-2006, 05:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Americans do not work in the fields,and fruit and vegtables are rotting,because the people who did this work cannot cross the border. Why can't this administration come up with a guest worker program so farmers can harvest their crops? <hr /></blockquote> Let me put on the liberal leftist hat for a sec. Ok, here we go..."Screw those facist farmer pigs. They don't need the money and are robbing the poor. Who cares if they make a living. They need to start paying $15/hr to pick fruit. If they paid that much then Americans would do the work."

OK, now that I took the liberal hat back off, how was the impersonation? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The left will blame the farmers for not paying enough to get "good American workers" to do the job.

eg8r &lt;~~~not an advocate of guest worker programs

eg8r
10-06-2006, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's my idea...the Wal-Mart workers...Wal-Marts latest corporate strategy is to cap wages, and use more part time help. <hr /></blockquote> Oh, don't forget $4 perscriptions. Starts here in Florida and will spread across the country. When they announced it the silence from the left was deafening. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~sorry for changing the subject, I just got caught up in the moment when you mentioned Walmart's corporate strategy

pooltchr
10-06-2006, 06:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> Americans do not work in the fields,and fruit and vegtables are rotting,because the people who did this work cannot cross the border. Why can't this administration come up with a guest worker program so farmers can harvest their crops? Farmers are not going to be able to borrow money,because the banks are going to be afraid there will be no harvest. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

When I weigh the cost of taking care of all those 12 millian <font color="red"> illegal </font color> aliens with education, health care, social security (yes, illegals can get social security benefits!!!!), law enforcement, etc, against potentially higher vegetable prices, I think I know where I stand on this issue.
Steve

Qtec
10-06-2006, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let me put on the liberal leftist hat for a sec. Ok, here we go..."Screw those facist farmer pigs. <font color="blue"> BC used to say this all the time! </font color> They don't need the money and are robbing the poor. Who cares if they make a living. They need to start paying $15/hr to pick fruit. If they paid that much then Americans would do the work."

<hr /></blockquote>

Not even close! What it does show is that you and your like /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif are totally incapable of understanding or even imagining any other point of view than your own.

To me its very simple. If they can't get the staff they aren't paying enough. If they have to pay $20 an hour to get the crop in then that's what it costs. its called supply and demand, just like oil.
You will just have to pay a REAL price for your groceries.

Then again you could round up all the jobless and force them [ back /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif] into the fields for 5.50 . /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Q

Drop1
10-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Now remember Wolf WM has a forty percent turn over in workers,and cannot be counted on for field workers. I favor a use of the national guard in California,and a farm draft in the rest of the Country. I'm not as wealthy as some on the forum,so I have taken a hunger pledge,and plan to lower my white asparagas on crossants,coverd with a delicate white lemon sauce,and will probably be forced to drink a cheaper wine from Chile,giving up the Rothchild. Wilde said it best,"give me the luxries and you can have the rest" This friggin spell checker dosen't work,I knew there was a reason to finish grammer school.

wolfdancer
10-06-2006, 07:41 AM
you might be on to something there, with your farm draft.
The problem as I see it, with farm labor, is that it requires a migrant work force, due to the different crop cycles, probably more noticable here in the western states.
Toss in the humble housing and hard manual labor required,and these jobs would only appeal to the very poor.
I wouldn't do it, not even for Ed's generous offer of $15 an hour.

Rich R.
10-06-2006, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> yes, illegals can get social security benefits<hr /></blockquote>
Wrong again Steve. Illegal aliens can not get Social Security benefits. At least, they can't get them legally.
Only legal aliens, and those legally entering the country, can get benefits.

eg8r
10-06-2006, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not even close! What it does show is that you and your like are totally incapable of understanding or even imagining any other point of view than your own.
<hr /></blockquote> Me and my like. Hmm, eh whatever. You mean nothing.

eg8r

eg8r
10-06-2006, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong again Steve. Illegal aliens can not get Social Security benefits. At least, they can't get them legally.
<hr /></blockquote> He isn't wrong, you are the one who is twisting what he said. You are the one that said "legally", not him. I also see illegals driving. Am I "wrong" because they are doing it illegaly. No, you are just being argumentative. You were wrong.

eg8r

Qtec
10-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Another classic eg8r response- abusive /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and avoiding the subject!

Q........BTW, seems like the Reps are busy playing the 'blame game', trying to pass the hot potato [ Foley] onto someone/ anyone else! LOL

wolfdancer
10-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Ed, am I missing something here? I'm reading into Steve's post that he thinks illegals can get SS...and Rich says they cannot
get them legally?
What part of that are you disputing, since Rich is only pointing out if they get it, it ain't legal?
I also don't see that as being argumentative...
did the new heir to the family fortune, prevent you from getting in your 8 hrs sleep...and yer a little testy today?
There was a proposal in Calif to give illegals driving licenses, don't know how that went. I'm sure though that would also increase the number of uninsured motorists, another big problem.
I caught part of a discussion on TV...seems there is a group that wants to sue to force a knowledge of Spanish to be required for police,fire,emergency response personnel, teachers, etc....
that's an interesting argument...should english speaking Americans be required to learn Spanish, because of the growing number of Hispanic immigrants...or should the immigrants be required to learn english?

pooltchr
10-06-2006, 10:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> Wrong again Steve. Illegal aliens can not get Social Security benefits. At least, they can't get them legally.
Only legal aliens, and those legally entering the country, can get benefits. <hr /></blockquote>

Sorry to burst your bubble, but we have documented instances here in my state where <font color="red"> illegal </font color>aliens have drivers licenses, have collected benefits, and even have voter registration cards. WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T EVEN CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY VOTING FOR OUR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. Whether they do it legally or illegally doesn't matter. Just the fact that they are here <font color="red"> illegally </font color> tells us they aren't concerned with our laws. What they cost us (you and me) is far more than any so called benefit they provide.
Steve

pooltchr
10-06-2006, 10:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> that's an interesting argument...should english speaking Americans be required to learn Spanish, because of the growing number of Hispanic immigrants...or should the immigrants be required to learn english? <hr /></blockquote>

There really isn't any arguement, interesting or otherwise. If the United States is a better option for someone than their own country, and they choose to come here <font color="red"> legally </font color> , they should accept the fact that the language spoken here is ENGLISH. I doubt if I went to Mexico, legally or not, that if I demanded they learn to speak English for my convenience, that I would find much sympathy.
Steve

Rich R.
10-06-2006, 10:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> He isn't wrong, you are the one who is twisting what he said. You are the one that said "legally", not him. I also see illegals driving. Am I "wrong" because they are doing it illegaly. No, you are just being argumentative. You were wrong. <hr /></blockquote>
With the tone of your post, I'm not sure why I'm responding to you, but I will just this once.

Steve said that illegals can get Social Security benefits.
As a blanket statement, I have to agree. After all, we know that anyone can get anythting illegally. I was just pointing out that illegals do not legally qualify for Social Security benefits, as was implied by Steve's post. If that is being argumentative, so be it.

Rich R.
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Sorry to burst your bubble, but we have documented instances here in my state where <font color="red"> illegal </font color>aliens have drivers licenses, have collected benefits, and even have voter registration cards. WE HAVE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T EVEN CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY VOTING FOR OUR GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. Whether they do it legally or illegally doesn't matter. Just the fact that they are here <font color="red"> illegally </font color> tells us they aren't concerned with our laws. What they cost us (you and me) is far more than any so called benefit they provide.
Steve <hr /></blockquote>
Steve, as I just responded to eg8r, anyone can do anything illegally. That is a sad but true fact. I was simply pointing out that illegals are not legally entitled to benefits, as your post implied. I was trying to get the facts correct. Obviously, you and eg8r are not concerned with accuracy, if it is against your political agenda. I'm sorry I interupted with the truth.

SpiderMan
10-06-2006, 10:30 AM
How about this:

We're currently feeding, treating, and deporting illegals caught crossing into the country. Why not go ahead and convinct them of the crime they've committed and sentence them to six months' field work, picking vegetables. Then deport them.

The farmers could continue to pay the low wage they're accustomed to giving, but now the money goes to fund more enforcement to round up and oversee more "guest workers" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vegetables get picked, jobs created for real citizens, and financially neutral to the farmers.

SpiderMan

wolfdancer
10-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Steve, that's the logical part of the argument, but the other side "counters" that in California,Hispanics make up such a large proportion of the populace, their language issues should be addressed....since many will require emergency services at some point.
I'm also having a problem with the position that the Mexican Gov't would take offense if a proposed fence was erected to control illegal immigration.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Steve writes... [ QUOTE ]
<hr /></blockquote> Just the fact that they are here illegally tells us they aren't concerned with our laws. What they cost us (you and me) is far more than any so called benefit they provide.
Steve

Bravo, Steve, I couldn't agree more, although, I might add, that fact that they are here illegally, shows that our lawmakers aren't concerned with our laws, even more than the illegals. Our laws are the issue to me, and what kind of country will we end up with, if we continue to stand by while politicians ignore them, for the sake of higher profits for corporations, and campaign contributions, who, BTW, are the ones who are paying off politicians to ignore our immigration laws, not the farmers, although both benefit from illegal alien workers.

IMO, failure to protect our borders from illegal entry, is the duty of every politician. They have all failed to do so. They are all guilty of breaking their oaths to protect our country from invasion, occupation, and to defend and protect the law, and the constitution.

Gayle in Md.

Stretch
10-06-2006, 10:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> you might be on to something there, with your farm draft.
The problem as I see it, with farm labor, is that it requires a migrant work force, due to the different crop cycles, probably more noticeable here in the western states.
Toss in the humble housing and hard manual labor requirement these jobs would only appeal to the very poor.
I wouldn't do it, not even for Ed's generous offer of $15 an hour. <hr /></blockquote>

Up here in Canada teenagers and even pre-teens work at harvest time. I used to pick tobacco myself when i was in highschool. Made some pretty good $ during the harvest. I never had to work all summer, just part of August and Sept. I know that in Newbrunswick and PEI where they are heavily into potatoes any kid working on a farm is excused the first few weeks of school. Also the government subsidizes the wages because the farmer is creating employment for "students". Even my own girls have raked blueberries, and picked Strawberries for a summer job. They generally make minimum wage which is about 6 or 7 dollars an hour, but if your good at it the farmers will pay an incentive on top of that for making your daily quota. As well they usually pay out an extra hundred or 2 as a bonus for sticking it out till the end. It's not easy, it's tuff work which is why it's ideal for kids. Keeps them out of trouble too. St.

hondo
10-06-2006, 11:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Here's my idea...the Wal-Mart workers...Wal-Marts latest corporate strategy is to cap wages, and use more part time help.So I'm thinking 20 hrs at WM/20 more in the fields...WM can even sell them the short hoes to use. <hr /></blockquote>

I used to know a short hoe.

hondo
10-06-2006, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>WM can even sell them the short hoes to use. <hr /></blockquote>
What about those who prefer tall hoes? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

No fair! That was going to be my joke!

wolfdancer
10-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Stretch, as a job for teens not too bad...I worked my way through H.S., and worked in the summers as well.
Happened to catch jon Stewart last nite, and he had a Canadian on, that cracked him up. Jon asked him how we can solve the Canadian problem, and take over the country....and he said that Canadians are so polite, that if you just asked them to concede....lol
Only time I ever saw a Canadian get mad, was when we were over in Ft. Erie, Ont. and my friend ordered a "Bud"
The bartender informed us....you don't drink that crap over here, not when there is LaBatt's, Carlsons, etc

wolfdancer
10-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, you might be surprised to learn that Cesar Chavez, UFW, had the short hoe declared illegal.
don't know how many lost their jobs
Hmmm....illegal alien guest worker using an illegal implement.....does two wrongs make a right?

hondo
10-06-2006, 11:19 AM
Liberal like Willie Nelson &amp; Neil Young who have
Farm Aid every year? Boy,
you sure have a lot of pent up contempt
for liberals. Liberals hate America, God, freedom,
farmers. Wow! I'm glad you're here to clarify
things for us and that you and george are still
fighting for the American way.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> &lt;/font&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr /&gt;
Americans do not work in the fields,and fruit and vegtables are rotting,because the people who did this work cannot cross the border. Why can't this administration come up with a guest worker program so farmers can harvest their crops? <hr /></blockquote> Let me put on the liberal leftist hat for a sec. Ok, here we go..."Screw those facist farmer pigs. They don't need the money and are robbing the poor. Who cares if they make a living. They need to start paying $15/hr to pick fruit. If they paid that much then Americans would do the work."

OK, now that I took the liberal hat back off, how was the impersonation? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The left will blame the farmers for not paying enough to get "good American workers" to do the job.

eg8r &lt;~~~not an advocate of guest worker programs <hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
10-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Don't go stirring up sh*t...after all, Ed's offered us a very liberal wage of $15 an hour., and that's after just trying the hat on for a few minutes. Imagine if we could get him to come to one of our secret anarchist meetings???
..For that kind of $$, I'll be able to give up my greeter's job at WalMart, and tell them where they can stick my blue vest.
In nearby Oregon, two suburbs of Portland, have turned down WalMarts plans for a new store....we'll be addressing the issue here shortly.

pooltchr
10-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Gayle,
It gets worse. One politician has been running ads on tv stating how bad the situation is and how our representatives just look the other way with regards to illegals. One local news team went out to one of this guys job sites (he is in construction) and you will never guess what they found working there. Now he claims they were working for subcontractors and he had no control.
How can you tell when a politician is lying? His lips are moving!

Just heard that one of the groups that supports the illegals is planning to boycott Applebees and Dunkin Donuts because those companies actually have the ball$ to check social security numbers to make sure applicants are legal! What nerve!! Can you believe a company would try to do the right thing?

I'm going to Applebees for dinner, and picking up a box of donuts to bring home for breakfast, just to show my support!
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-06-2006, 01:29 PM
BWA HA HA HA...hey Jack, what would I do without you!!???
Thanks for the laugh.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
G.

Gayle in MD
10-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Steve...
Pat Buchannon's book, "State Of Emergency" has chilling statistics on this illegal situation. Makes you want to start pricing land in another country.

I have compassion for people in suffing circumstances, who want a better life, but everything in life, comes at a price, and immigration laws must upheld, first and foremost, and especialy in our present circumstances, with terror threats, etc.

Watching our do-nothing worhtwhile government becomes more and more bewildering every day!

I have a link for you...will send it later...

G.

pooltchr
10-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I don't need Pat's book to tell me what I already know. North Carolina is a haven for illegals because it's so easy to get a drivers license here. Once they have that, they can get a voter registration card. And not a week goes by when an illegal makes the local news for DWI, B&amp;E, or worse. 80% of the unsolved murders on the books here are unsolved because the prime suspects are believed to have gone back to their home country. Of course, when they come back, it will be with a new name!
The community is getting fed up with it all, but our elected officials just don't want to make waves. After all, they have a friggin VOTE here!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Steve

Gayle in MD
10-07-2006, 04:03 AM
Disgusting! I called the Governors office last week, talked to the person in charge of HLS in Md., and asked him what was the Governors postion on our illegal alien problem. He said, "What problem?" Couldn't believe my ears! State of denial?

Md., is, or was, haven't checked lately, fourth in the country on this illegal problem. Much of the increase in crime in Baltimore, is due to the illegal problem. A friend of mine who holds a very high position for one of the largest National Home Builders, tells me the repercussions of the illegal worker on our economy will become even more devastating as time goes by.
Buchannan's book tells the same story. The cost figures, once everything is added up, will put this country in the hole, big time. We can forget any improvment in our education system. It's (Education) already been further crippled than it was, by this administration, but when one factors in for the illegal economic consequences, well, I get furious when people try to put blame on teachers, or critisize other administrations for "Throwing money at education to solve the problems" while at the same time, Bush's policies cripple education through a lack of funding, and increase the drop out rate. His state was, btw, 49th in the country when he was governor, so why did anyone think he had any solutions nationally, in the first place?

G.

Gayle in MD
10-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Forgot to ask you...is South Carolina as bad as North Carolina, with the ilegal problem?

Thanks...

pooltchr
10-07-2006, 09:06 AM
I don't think SC is quite as bad. They seem to be taking some action to stop it. And some areas in NC are trying. The sheriff in Mecklenburg County (Charlotte) is trying...but can't get any federal help. There isn't enough room in the county jail system to lock them all up...not to mention the cost. We have local law enforcement paying the price to lock up violators of federal law. The election ads I've seen so far are talking about the problem, but it seems to be all talk and little action. Maybe we need to deport the politicians along with the illegals!
Steve

Drop1
10-07-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't know where you get your information,but let me give you some from your State Government.
1.Population of State nine million.
2.Percentage of residence of Latin desent 6.1%
3.*Deportation agents one.*
It dosen't read like a prescription to solve the illegals' crime problem in your state,let alone the illegal worker problem. One friggin Deportation agent for nine million people. You are in deep sh*t.

Drop1
10-07-2006, 06:42 PM
If we can keep all the illegals out,someone still has to pick the crops. I don't care how people slice it we have a shortage of farm workers,and we are not alone Germany,and England also are short of workers. I don't care if its Mexican,or Martians doing the work,the work has to be done. What I don't want to see is a program that leads to citizenship.

pooltchr
10-08-2006, 05:43 AM
We already use prison workers to clean up along the highways. We could use prison labor to work in the fields. There certainly wouldn't be a shortage of labor!

And you are correct...when it comes to illegals, we rate right up there with many of the states in the Southwest.

Steve

Rich R.
10-08-2006, 05:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> And you are correct...when it comes to illegals, we rate right up there with many of the states in the Southwest. <hr /></blockquote>
With all of those illegals and only one deportation agent, it seems to me that the leadership in your state is letting the citizens down.

What political party is in control of your state?
Hmmm, don't answer that. I think I know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Can't blame this one on the Dems. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
10-08-2006, 10:03 AM
GWB is on top of the situation....not only will his plan save the crops from disaster:
"when them cotton balls get rotten, you can't pick very much cotton...."
also full employment for minorities ....his plan....
Plantations !!!

Don't look up

An' don't look down,

You don' dast make

De white boss frown.

Bend your knees

An'bow your head,

An' pull date rope

Until you' dead.
He don' plant taters,
He don't plant cotton,
An' dem dat plants'em
is soon forgotten,
But ol'man Dubya,
He jes keeps bumblin'along.

pooltchr
10-08-2006, 03:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> And you are correct...when it comes to illegals, we rate right up there with many of the states in the Southwest. <hr /></blockquote>
With all of those illegals and only one deportation agent, it seems to me that the leadership in your state is letting the citizens down.

What political party is in control of your state?
Hmmm, don't answer that. I think I know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Can't blame this one on the Dems. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I wasn't going to mention it, but since you ask, our Governer, who is responsible for this outrage , happens to be a DEMOCRAT.

I wasn't going to mention it because it's not a political party issue...it's pure ignorance and arrogance by those who think their views are more important than the views of the citizens of the state. But he is a Democrat, through and through.
Sorry to disappoint you.
Steve

Rich R.
10-08-2006, 05:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> I wasn't going to mention it because it's not a political party issue...it's pure ignorance and arrogance by those who think their views are more important than the views of the citizens of the state. But he is a Democrat, through and through.
Sorry to disappoint you. <hr /></blockquote>
Steve, I stand corrected, but I'm not disappointed at all.
I've always been told, a Southern Democrat is about three steps to the right of a Northern Republican. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pooltchr
10-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Rich, you say that with a grin, but having lived in both the north (New England) and the South, I can honestly say that southerners are generally more conservative than northerners. That would explain how we ended up with Jesse Helms for so many years, while the Mass crowd has kept Kennedy in office for so long. It really is a different culture in the south. It's not just the fact that we are part of the so-called Bible Belt. People in the south take a very different, and generally more conservative view of things.
Steve

Drop1
10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
I hear the High Point furniture show,is being moved to Las Vegas. Looks to me like N.C. is in for tough times. But someone still has to pick the crops,and it has been thirty years since any American born citizen has worked in the fields. Its easy to say pay the price,but a lot of people are on fixed incomes,and won't be able to afford plan B medicare medicine,and fresh food. I remember when old people were eating canned dog food. Someone has to lead this country. I don't care if its a Democrat,or a Republican,I just want a leader.

eg8r
10-09-2006, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Liberals hate America, God, freedom,
farmers. Wow! I'm glad you're here to clarify
things for us and that you and george are still
fighting for the American way.
<hr /></blockquote> I have never said any of these things, so like Q you have taken up twisting words.

eg8r

eg8r
10-09-2006, 04:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ed, am I missing something here? I'm reading into Steve's post that he thinks illegals can get SS...and Rich says they cannot
get them legally?
What part of that are you disputing, since Rich is only pointing out if they get it, it ain't legal? <hr /></blockquote> I am only saying Steve was not wrong. Pretty easy to understand. There are illegals getting SS every single day. Steve did not state legality anywhere, all he stated was the facts. Rich decided to throw out the facts and stated Steve was wrong.

eg8r

eg8r
10-09-2006, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Disgusting! I called the Governors office last week, talked to the person in charge of HLS in Md., and asked him what was the Governors postion on our illegal alien problem. He said, "What problem?" Couldn't believe my ears! State of denial? <hr /></blockquote> He does not know there is a problem because you guys are filling up all his time fighting to keep Walmart out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r