PDA

View Full Version : Contest! Contest!

MikeM
07-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Attention CCBers. Recently I suggested that we CCBers should hang a tag on our cue cases that will identify us to other cult members as CCBers. I have received much positive response, so today I met with a friend who sells promotional items. I am suggesting the soft plastic type of key chain in a bright color with some type of logo. I need your help in determining that logo. Could be as simple as the letters CCB or a unique design that one of you creative types might dream up. Personal message me with any suggestions (for the key chains that is).

MM

Tom_In_Cincy
07-15-2002, 04:53 PM
How about

CCB

Simple and it can change every year..

Harold Acosta
07-15-2002, 05:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> How about

CCB

Simple and it can change every year..

<hr></blockquote>

How about "Bonafide CCB'er"?

Chris Cass
07-15-2002, 11:29 PM
How about,

Crush Kato!

C.C.~~well, maybe not but sounded good to me. LMAO

Rich R.
07-16-2002, 04:28 AM
How about "CCB" on a nine ball. Rich R.

Gayle in MD
07-16-2002, 05:28 AM
Hi,
How about something small that could be worn on the shoulder, that flashes, like those promotional bottle caps that the beer companies give away. That way, when CCBers are walking through any event, they would be easily identified. A key chain is not very easily spotted when you are moving around, and when you are shooting, your cue case isn't really part of you. Just a thought.
Gayle in Md

MikeM
07-16-2002, 07:57 AM
LOL...I like it! Kato, any response?

MM

Lester
07-16-2002, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr> Attention CCBers. Recently I suggested that we CCBers should hang a tag on our cue cases that will identify us to other cult members as CCBers. I have received much positive response, so today I met with a friend who sells promotional items. I am suggesting the soft plastic type of key chain in a bright color with some type of logo. I need your help in determining that logo. Could be as simple as the letters CCB or a unique design that one of you creative types might dream up. Personal message me with any suggestions (for the key chains that is).

MM <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I think Rich is on the right track with the letters CCB on a 9-ball. How about CCB in red,white and blue as well? ****Lester****

MikeM
07-16-2002, 08:12 AM
Here are links to two designs proposed by PizzaBob. I am having trouble having them appear in the post.

Comments?

MM

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/CCBlogo.jpg

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/CCBlogo1.jpg

9 Ball Girl
07-16-2002, 08:30 AM
Mike -

I like it!!! Unfortunately, it heavily resembles the logo for Park Slope Billiards located in Brooklyn. Where your logo is yellow PSB's is red and they have the B in the middle.

Wendy~~2 cents of the day /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

stickman
07-16-2002, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Mike -

I like it!!! Unfortunately, it heavily resembles the logo for Park Slope Billiards located in Brooklyn. Where your logo is yellow PSB's is red and they have the B in the middle.

Wendy~~2 cents of the day /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif <hr></blockquote>

Maybe change it to a big C for CCB. I like it.

Lester
07-16-2002, 11:27 AM
Mike - - - -If you get these produced, how do we buy one? ****Lester****

MikeM
07-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Lester,

The keychains are only about a buck apiece. My plan was to buy them myself and then trade them for beers at pool tournaments!

Seriously, I will buy the first batch and we'll figure out the best way for distribution when I get 'em. Maybe I could send bunches to regional distributors, like Tom In Cincy for the Cincy crowd, etc.

MM

MikeM
07-16-2002, 01:05 PM
Two more from PizzaBob.

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/CCBlogo4.jpg

http://roadrage.sports-gaming.com/slo/teamslo/imup/CCBlogo5.jpg

MM

Kato
07-16-2002, 01:22 PM
You ain't even gonna be there to take your beating Chris. Least I'm showin' up to get whooped. According to Chris I should get the T-Shirt with the big BULLSEYE on it.LOL I'm not the creative type anyway.

Nah, all kidding aside, whatever you guys decide. I'm just excited that I'm going to get to meet a bunch of guys and gals for whom I respect.

Kato~~~marked man in the Mid-West

NH_Steve
07-16-2002, 02:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Rich R.:</font><hr> How about "CCB" on a nine ball. Rich R. <hr></blockquote>I dunno, maybe we're not all nine-ball players /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

NH_Steve
07-16-2002, 02:30 PM
How about www.billiardsdigest.com (http://www.billiardsdigest.com) in small simple black print at the perimeter, with the CCB as a larger central image (and maybe even legible /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif )? Anyway, I like the idea of including the url thingie along with the CCB -- and I bet Billiards Digest would too /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

heater451
07-16-2002, 04:17 PM
I like #4 of PizzaBob's comps, but I thought I'd throw a quick one down (besides, I need Adobe Illustrator practice).

I'm not real crazy about the red/white/blue, I made it that way because someone suggested it below. . . .Also, I don't know if we can legally use "www.billiardsdiges.com" without permission.

I also wasn't sure whether to include a 'hole' on one end of the graphic (like where the actual little chain would go). I was thinking these would be that funny, gel/rubber stuff. . . .If there's a vote, I would pay more for metal, but how many of these things are actually gonna go out?

Any more suggestions/changes?

http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain01.gif

====================

MikeM
07-16-2002, 04:20 PM
Steve,

Others have also suggested the BD logo or url. That would be fine with me, but I would expect BD to supply those for us. What I had in mind was an identifier FOR CCBers, BY CCBers, not neccesarily an advertisement. I am open to be swayed by public opinion however. If the BD CCB Admin is watchig maybe they can weigh in on whether or not BD would want to supply us with some key chains.

MM...likes to know when there's a friend or two in a strange pool hall.

MikeM
07-16-2002, 04:32 PM
Heater,

Awesome, I like the graphic. I think the red white and blue look great, but since we are an international organization (can't forget our good friends Patrick, Malcolm and Downtown et. al.) maybe we should stay neutral.

I was leaning toward the funny gel/rubber thingies too. My friend showed me some metal ones that were on sale for $1.98, but there was a minimum order of 500. The rubber ones can be ordered in quantities of 100 or 250. I don't think we would need more than 250 for now. The rubber ones in qty are as low as 69 cents. I will have to check if there is a limit on colors, that is a question that I didn't ask. As far as the URL or the year, I don't think we need either.

MM

PQQLK9
07-16-2002, 05:39 PM
Great design Heater...I like it!

stickman
07-16-2002, 05:59 PM
Great design Heater!! I like it. Probably need to check on the WWW thing? I have no idea why they would mind though. (Free advertising for them) Also as Mike suggested, maybe one color for the logo, so as not to offend any of our international friends. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif The plastic would be fine, since I plan to carry it on my cue case, and not in my pocket. I am curious though, is the idea to have new ones made each year? If not, I might want to spring for a metal one so that it would last pretty much indeffinately,

Rich R.
07-17-2002, 04:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: NH_Steve:</font><hr>I dunno, maybe we're not all nine-ball players /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif <hr></blockquote>
Steve, I play both 9-ball and 8-ball, as well as other games, but I just thought the yellow would show up well.
Rich R.

Lester
07-17-2002, 05:27 AM
Heater, your design is SMOKIN'.

Michelle
07-17-2002, 09:33 AM
yes, I definately vote for this one! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

(bot crazy about the red, white, and blue either, but...)

9 Ball Girl
07-17-2002, 09:38 AM
Heater -

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Wendy~~if it can't be a keychain, then how's about a sticker for our case? /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

Chris Cass
07-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Hi Mike,

I'm pretty much game for what ever everyone decides. I just think it's great. Maybe, someone would like to advertise something on the back? Would cut the cost in half? Whatever, when the time comes I'll need 3.

Reminds me, when they had that match on tv with Alison and Karen. I saw the Billiards Digest billboard in the backround. Too bad it didn't advertise the CCB. JAT

Regards,

C.C.

John in NH
07-17-2002, 09:55 AM
Mike M,

Count me in, I like your idea, looking forward to seeing the end result.

Regards,

John

Rich R.
07-17-2002, 10:04 AM
&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: 9 Ball Girl:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Heater -

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Wendy~~if it can't be a keychain, then how's about a sticker for our case? /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Sorry 9 Ball Girl, but I'm sure others will agree, stickers and a J.J. case do not go together. LMAO.
I could really go for a pin to put on a shirt or hat, but will be happy to purchase whatever......
Rich R.

PQQLK9
07-17-2002, 10:07 AM
Thank you Rich R....I hate bumper stickers too (even on my truck) /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
07-17-2002, 10:10 AM
Right you are! I forgot about those. Hmmm...A pin would be nice. But like you said, I'll buy whatever comes out of it!

Wendy~~CCBer and proud of it! /ccboard/images/icons/cool.gif

07-17-2002, 10:30 AM

heater451
07-17-2002, 10:52 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr>I will have to check if there is a limit on colors, that is a question that I didn't ask. As far as the URL or the year, I don't think we need either.<hr></blockquote>I was wondering about colors myself. At the very least, I think a black logo on a high-visibility, canary-type yellow would be good--mostly for the visibility, but I guess some would like the 9-ball yellow connection.

I think you are also right about the year, I added it "just because", and, again, I think there would be a copyright issue w/ the URL, so it's probably best to leave it off the things.

Also, don't those rubber things come in several different shapes?

MikeM
07-17-2002, 12:28 PM
The rubber things come in about any shape you want. I was thinking round or oval (like your design) though. Each additional color adds a bit to the cost, so we might want to redesign with fewer colors.

Thanks, Heater and everyone else for the input.

MM

MikeM
07-17-2002, 12:52 PM
I thought of cutomized tags for everyone with their screen names as well, but unfortunately every one would require a minimum order.

MM

heater451
07-17-2002, 12:56 PM
I stripped down the concept. I still didn't include a hole though. . . .

#02http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain02.gif
#03http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain03.gif
#04http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain04.gif
#05http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain05.gif
#06 http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain06.gif (font/color change requested by 9 Ball Girl)

BTW, if you decide to go with one of these, and your person can use an Adobe Illustrator .ai file, I can send it to you. Let me know.

=========================

9 Ball Girl
07-17-2002, 01:06 PM
I like the first one best. I think the yellow might be overkill in the 2nd only 'cause the stripe on the 9 ball blends through. JMO How would it look if the background were green like the felt on tables?

Wendy~~totally digging the designs! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

heater451
07-17-2002, 02:22 PM
Of course, not everyone has a denim jacket to sew one onto. . . .

PoolChick02
07-17-2002, 02:59 PM
I love the designs Heater, they are great! I can't wait to see the finished product.

stickman
07-17-2002, 04:14 PM
#5 is the hands down winner in my book, but what do I know? I'm just a stickman. LOL Great work Heater.

JimS
07-17-2002, 05:38 PM
BD already provides us with this forum. I don't think they owe me anything, even if I choose to advertise this site or BD. In fact, I can't think of anything I can possibly do to put me in a position where they owe me. I owe them and gratitude ain't gratitude until there's action....it's just words until actions are taken to pass on what has been given.

Sorry Mike, I think you are wrong on this one.

JimS
07-17-2002, 05:42 PM
I'll be using Velcro with the sticky back or double sided tape. I can put it on my bag/shirt/jacket/car window/hat/forehead!

07-17-2002, 11:37 PM
I think the forehead thing will work for me too, Jim. It'll go well with the heart on my sleeve..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

MikeM
07-17-2002, 11:39 PM
Jim,

I think you misread my comment. I don't think BD owes me/us anything either. I am very grateful for this forum. I showed my gratitude by ordering a three year subscription. I do however draw a distinction between Billiards Digest the magazine - a corporate entity - and the CCB community. I think we have a great group of people here (with a few exceptions ;&gt;). My idea for the tags was to have a way of identifiying each other when we went to a pool event as CCBers, not to advertise for anyone. I plan on buying the first set and giving them to anyone who wants one. I was just saying that if we are also going to advertise for a corporate entity that they might want to pick up the tab. That is a normal business practice. I, personally recommend against any advertising as it may not fit what BD wants to do. I want to avoid all of that. I would rather we did our own thing. Also, if BD were to produce key chains or whatever promotional item they may come up with I don't think they would want to limit it to CCBers. And we are, after all, a very select and prestigous group!

MM

07-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Amen to that, my brother! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
07-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Badges, stickers, keychains ? We dont need no stinking badges!! I am very easy to identify...those going to the Open will soon find that out.

MikeM
07-17-2002, 11:57 PM
Ah, but see you gotta have a "stinking batch" so I can quit getting smacked by every big Italian dude who I ask "Are you Voodoo?"

MM

07-18-2002, 12:03 AM
You just walk with me Mike. No dude, big or small is gonna mess with you then! LOL

Voodoo Daddy
07-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Its funny Mike...most players know me as "Big Steve" or "Miami". A year ago I used Big Steve at the end of all my posts. There was a old road agent/skaliwag names Big Steve {aka} The Whale. We look/act nothing alike . See, he has been dead almost a decade but his name sent chills up certain posters skirts...no names mentioned &lt;cough, cough&gt; so I changed it to Voodoo. You will be approached by some asking if your Voodoo...just say yes and we'll have some real fun!!

MikeM
07-18-2002, 12:07 AM
They won't even notice me!

MM

07-18-2002, 12:12 AM
/ccboard/images/icons/blush.gif

NH_Steve
07-18-2002, 05:54 AM
I would think a quick email to BD would clarify if they 'minded' using the URL. I liked the idea because it clearly shows the path for new people to get on board -- unless you are specifically looking to create an obscure 'secret' identifier that only CCBer's would understand...

Doctor_D
07-18-2002, 05:56 AM
Good morning:

Amen to that Mike, Lorri would keep them too damn busy !!!

Dr. D.

Kato
07-18-2002, 06:36 AM
Heck, not everyone can sew!!!!!!

Kato~~~I'm not saying I can sew and I'm not saying I can't sew but I do bring all my sewing to a girl at work. Now then, if I just could go back to 1989 to get my denim jackets.

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2002, 09:04 AM
I'll drink to that! /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Wendy~~on again off again lush /ccboard/images/icons/crazy.gif

JimS
07-18-2002, 10:25 AM
Well put Mike. I can also see that if BD's name/logo were used on the tags then they would have to have input in order to approve or disapprove of the way in which it was used. Probably better to not use their name or url, just CCB'r.

Maybe have a blank space for writing individual name in with a marker? Great idea, but I'll pay for mine if you'll allow that. Thanks.

JimS
07-18-2002, 10:27 AM
Well sure! But.....not everybody stands out like a diamond in a goat's ass!

SPetty
07-18-2002, 11:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: MikeM:</font><hr>I plan on buying the first set and giving them to anyone who wants one. <hr></blockquote>Hi Mike,

You should make us pay for them, and the return postage. Just ask us to send you a buck or two in an envelope along with a SASE. Having you do *everything* from designing to ordering to delivering is just too much for one person to shoulder. Or, we can send money to your PayPal account!

9 Ball Girl
07-18-2002, 11:57 AM
I love them all. But I gotta go with Stickman. #5