PDA

View Full Version : Fats vs Mosconi 1977 Challenge Match

Hueblerman
10-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Anyone know where I can get a copy of this match? The copy I have is not very good and I wish to replace it.

reggie182
10-08-2006, 08:51 AM
I'd like to know where I could get a better copy myself. This match was on ABC's Wide World of Sports, and a few months ago I bought a copy on e-bay that had atrocious quality. Considering all the DVDs of old TV shows being put out, it seems that ABC could release a high quality version of this legendary TV event.

Hueblerman
10-08-2006, 12:31 PM
I have the same poor quality video of ebay that you have. There must be a better quality copy out there someplace, but, I'll be darned if I can find it.

I've been searching for vintage footage of the old pros for years and come to the conclusion that there is very little available.

A real shame IMHO.

Fran Crimi
10-08-2006, 02:29 PM
The recording quality of VCR's wasn't very good back in 1977. That's probably why the quality of your bootleg tape isn't good. Add that to copies of copies of copies. It's definitely a bootleg. The original has never been legally copied and distributed for resale by the owners. Maybe someday you'll see it on ESPN Classics and then you can record it. Until then, you won't be seeing any quality copies unless someone around is good at digitally remastering bootleg copies.

Fran