PDA

View Full Version : Jasmin Ouschan Wins!!!

9 Ball Girl
07-15-2002, 02:28 PM
Gerda and I were talking about Jasmin last week on how great a player she is and a threat to those who play her and she's only 16! Her little bro (4 years younger) is shaping up to be a great player as well.

Congrats to Jasmin!
http://azbilliards.com/

07-15-2002, 07:24 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting to hear some first-hand accounts of her game from players / spectators who were in Athens this past weekend - please! I'd particularly like to hear how they think she would compare now to Allison or Karen - whether she could give them a game? In all due respect to all the players participating in the Amateur Nationals, there is a huge skill gap between the players at that event and the two I mentioned above. This makes it hard to tell how she'll do against the top competition until she actually does it.

How do those who saw Jasmin feel she'll fair in her upcoming Classic Tour starts against the big girls? How did she handle herself on and off the table - with her success and all the attention she must have received at Athens this past weekend?

There's always been a number of young male teen pool prodigy's such as Tyler Straun and Shane McMinn, but it's been a while since a young female player has drawn the attention and accolades that this young woman has managed to do by the age of 16.

Not since Tiffany Nelson finished 2nd in a tourney at the age of 13 about 8-9 years ago. Obviously Tiffany's game has improved greatly since then, but as she made the excellent decision to get a college degree, it has yet to really show up in her tournament performances.

It will be interesting to see how Jasmin's game develops, and how much her coach and family allow her to play in this country against who I consider to be her two top future rivals - Karen and Allison. - Chris in NC

Nostroke
07-15-2002, 08:22 PM
Jasmin shut out most of her opponents. She doesnt miss many shots at all. She breaks good, position too. She makes tough shots under pressure. Her game is little looser than most of the girls. Her safes are good but not great-kicking MIGHT be a little weak. Knowledgeable people in Ga felt she was up to 2 balls better than the field. I'd say she was 2-3 balls better than 95% of the field anyway.

Jeannie Seaver caught a gear on saturday and was mowing people down but still, good as she was playing, you never really felt she could win against Jasmin.

Jasmin is truly the real deal. She speaks English pretty well, looks good coming and going (Watch out Nesli!) and seems like a good disciplined kid. None of the girls complained about her that i heard. As she got near the finals she seemed to develop a bit of a strut.

I think she can crack the top 10 WPBA at first chance but cannot currently challenge Allison, Karen, Gerda or Jeanette.

07-15-2002, 09:02 PM
I didn't realize that she shut out most of her opponents until I just read it! Jasmin was my final match on Friday, and I said later that I felt like getting two games off her was a big accomplishment! I had the opportunity to get three other games, but I blew it! /ccboard/images/icons/frown.gif She broke and ran the first three racks on me, and the next three shots I got were kicks. In the fifth rack, we got into one hell of a safety battle. We kicked and safed five times in a row at each other, and in the end Jasmin had to make a length of table wafer thin cut shot to get out. I was now down 5-0. On the hill she blinked a couple of times, and I got one other game from her. When I shook her hand after the match she gave me a HUGE smile and told me it had been a great match. I agreed (I had thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the outcome! LOL) we talked for several minutes, and I was truly impressed by what a genuine and sweet young woman Jasmin is.
Her father approached me later and was also very cordial. We ended up doing tequila shooters all weekend! LOL Albin is also a very warm and charming gentleman. Although the entire family was a bit nervous and distant upon their arrival, by sunday night Albin was yelling "Hey Tequila Lady!" across the bar and flirting heavily with all the girls, and Jasmin was diligently learning "Southern Slang" !
This young woman is going to be an enormous asset to the WPBA, but she will have to wait another two years while she finishes her high school education. By then, having been made privy to some of her training routine, I predict she'll be more than ready to take on Allison and Karen. She deserves it, she's a great player and a wonderful girl!

Nostroke
07-15-2002, 09:36 PM
I misspoke Lorri, sorry-She did not shut out most of her opponents. 'Dominated' would have been the right word. Most of her opponents did not get more than 2 games. That i can say for sure.

cheesemouse
07-15-2002, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the story Lorri, sounds like a great time was had by all.

07-15-2002, 09:47 PM
( BIG GRIN) You have no idea!!! I'll post some thoughts in a little while, just want to get caught up on what you guys were doing while I was away. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

07-15-2002, 10:38 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> I'm eagerly awaiting to hear some first-hand accounts of her game from players / spectators who were in Athens this past weekend - please! I'd particularly like to hear how they think she would compare now to Allison or Karen - whether she could give them a game? In all due respect to all the players participating in the Amateur Nationals, there is a huge skill gap between the players at that event and the two I mentioned above. This makes it hard to tell how she'll do against the top competition until she actually does it.

How do those who saw Jasmin feel she'll fair in her upcoming Classic Tour starts against the big girls? How did she handle herself on and off the table - with her success and all the attention she must have received at Athens this past weekend?

There's always been a number of young male teen pool prodigy's such as Tyler Straun and Shane McMinn, but it's been a while since a young female player has drawn the attention and accolades that this young woman has managed to do by the age of 16.

Not since Tiffany Nelson finished 2nd in a tourney at the age of 13 about 8-9 years ago. Obviously Tiffany's game has improved greatly since then, but as she made the excellent decision to get a college degree, it has yet to really show up in her tournament performances.

It will be interesting to see how Jasmin's game develops, and how much her coach and family allow her to play in this country against who I consider to be her two top future rivals - Karen and Allison. - Chris in NC <hr></blockquote>

AZ Billiards ... sixteen year old from Austria, Jasmin Ouschan. Ouschan dominated opponents for the first two days of the event, not letting any opponent score more than two games against her in her first four matches ... For the last two years, her coach has only allowed her to compete against male opponents, and considering her 9th place finish in last year's Junior Championships, she can hold her own against the males.

Imo,the young,aspiring,and ambitious female players need to play quality players in heated competitions,no matter the gender /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif