PDA

View Full Version : Question...

carbonm3girl
10-07-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi guys! I'm new here and have a question. I recently purchased a Brunswick Bradford and am VERY happy with it. It's a beautiful table and I'm hoping to keep it in perfect new condition for as long as possible. However, by the name plate on the breaking end of the table some scratches are appearing (obviously from the cue while breaking). So, my question is if anyone makes some sort of a rail protector or cue/table guard of some sort? Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Scott Lee
10-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Firat of all, you shouldn't be bashing your cue on the rail of the table when you break. This is caused by dropping the elbow. You can also just move the CB over a few inches, so that you're not in the center of the rail anymore. Hope this helps...

Scott Lee

carbonm3girl
10-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the tip. However, it's not me that I'm worried about. It's guests in my home. Doesn't help me much considering that the scratches are already there... Just trying to figure out a way to cover the current ones up and protect the cherry finish from future scratches.

wolfdancer
10-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Can't help you on the scratches....but congratulations on buying a great table!!!
I guess though, that you'll have to educate your friends on proper use of the equipment to prevent future damage.
And any good hardware store sells items to repair, and cover up scratches, and the staff should be able to provide the info you need.
You could tape an extra piece of the table cloth onto the rail when breaking?
And if you want to protect your "felt" from undue damage...don't let them do jump shots or masse's.
to keep "burn" marks from showing up get a 1 ft long by about 4" wide strip of "felt"...your installer might have an extra piece....place this under the cueball when breaking....they did this at the local poolroom, after they recovered the tables
it's usually that first foot after the headstring where the marks occur. I have hardly any after three years.

carbonm3girl
10-07-2006, 04:26 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Can't help you on the scratches....but congratulations on buying a great table!!!
I guess though, that you'll have to educate your friends on proper use of the equipment to prevent future damage.
And any good hardware store sells items to repair, and cover up scratches, and the staff should be able to provide the info you need.
<hr /></blockquote>

Thanks man! You would figure that they would make protective items for such a problem that I'm having. I am not only having this problem near the breaking area, but also all around the table (belt buckles and rings). I suppose it is due to the softness of the natural wood. But, I will be asking the dealer where I purchased it when I order my playesr chairs as well! Many thanks for the reply!

wolfdancer
10-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I edited my first reply....while the scratches are just cosmetic....the most important thing is to protect your table covering...esp from your friends...good luck, and hope you have many happy hours playing on the table. After 3 years, i still enjoy mine, use it every day...and consider it a good entertainment investment...and the best part ...no monthly bills