PDA

View Full Version : looking for black or grey cloth top pool table.

DannyDarko
10-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I know you can just recloth pool tables, but I'm looking for something specific, I'm decorating a rather upscale lounge and want to put in a carved wood, and brass pool table, with either a grey or black cloth, as green would clash. I looked and seemed to find only shades of pink and green, does anyone know where I could find this? and preferably under 1.5k.

Thanks.

robodog66
10-08-2006, 07:19 PM
There are some questions you should also ask yourself. How big is the room and what size table are looking to put into it? The price difference between a 7ft table and a 9ft table are extensive. You will be hard pressed to find a 9ft table in good enough condition to put into an upscale lounge for under $1.5k. As for 7ft tables, I do know that Diamond is one of the elite manufacturers that do sell tournament used tables. I do not know what their prices are, but new are around $3.7k.

Also, I would not use black felt if at all possible unless you plan on having exceptional lighting. If those are your two choices, I would definitely go gray. I'll keep looking for you and let you know if I find anything.

robodog66
10-08-2006, 07:25 PM
I possibly found something at kgibilliards.com. I have personally never done business with them but they did show up on www.billiardresource.com. (http://www.billiardresource.com.) Good luck on your search.

ras314
10-08-2006, 07:50 PM
If you just want decoration who cares what color or quality table you use? That said I can't imagine anything worse than black cloth. Use grey or some shade of blue if green won't work. Any reasonable place selling decent tables ought to give you a large range of colors to chouse from. Not very likley to get a good "players" table for 1.5K these days.

Of course there is the "black light" flouresent junk if that is your target customers.