PDA

View Full Version : John Warner

Gayle in MD
10-09-2006, 09:10 AM
John Warner, after returning from Iraq, last week, has called for a change of course, in Iraq, unless the level of violence decreases in the next few months, and states, that he takes nothing off the table. I took that to mean, re-deployment.

Briefly, I considered posting praise for the first Republican to stand up for our troops. I knew, I was risking the health of my fellow posters, seeing in my mind's eye, many of you dropping to the floor with heart attacks, so I decided to give it further thought, lol.

There is no indication that the violence will subside, and in fact, our own NSE, (16 Agencies) suggests that it will continue to rise. If you've see Bob Woodward's copy of the Top Secret Chart on violence, and the accompanying film clips, of what we were being told at various high points on the hockey stick graph, it's pretty clear, we've been lied to all along, and initially.

Does Warner suggest, that we leave our troops to continue to be slaughtered, for the next few months, until after the election, before he advises to embrace the Democrats plan to re-deploy, in order to let the Iraqis slaughter one another, until they can join their warring factions in an effort to embrace the opportunity our troops are literally dying to give them?

Before the right begins their slaughter on me, lol, please read Dag's last post here. Although he is in Afghanistan, Iraq is as bad, if not worse.

I find it interesting to note, the titles of the books, alone, which are being written, are of the same general theme, of unrealistic, untruthful, self-serving, incompetent, policy. "Without Conscience" "Hubris" "State Of Denial" "Broken Branch" "Diplomatic Lessons; Realism For an Unloved Super Power" "Fiasco" that is just a very few, of the same theme. Need I say more? All the corruption we are learning about, isn't the pressing issue to me, as long as our kids are being slaughtered, for the sake of people, the majority of whom, would as soon slaughter all of us.

We seem to be doing all the things that are making everything worse, According to the NSE, emboldening the terrorist's cause, and increasing their numbers, with the threat, that if we don't continue on the same unsuccessful, unrealistic path, (which has been deemed by our military as militarily unwinnable) terrorists will be emboldened. Does this sound to anyone like we have been led down a no win path? If so, then I ask, who were the leaders? A better question might be, whom do you wish to vote for?

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Drop1
10-09-2006, 09:26 AM
I talked to John Warner a few years back,and was struck with the man's mediocraty.

Gayle in MD
10-09-2006, 09:42 AM
I met him once too, at a Christmas party, thrown by The New Republic, but he didn't have Elizabeth with him, lol.

He's a military man though. Apparently, Stay The Course, is suicide for our people.

Gayle in Md.

DickLeonard
10-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Gayle I read where one of the people in charge in the reconstruction in Iraq only qualifacation was he graduated from an Evangelical College. That is why 13 billion is missing or unaccounted for, the Wolves ate the Lamb alive.####

Gayle in MD
10-10-2006, 07:06 AM
Dick,
Within the last month or so, there has been more testimony on the hill, from former Halliburton employees. It was very remarkable testimony, not only on the financial waste and corruption, but the way they treat our troops, take from them for themselves, by overcharging them for small pleasures, in order to have more luxury for themselves, and the danger that their incompetence, and downright arrogant lack of caring about the safety of their own employees, has caused death, and permenant injury for the civilians who work for them.

As in everything else that is wrong and corrupt, our self serving majority, has done nothing to correct the problems.

I still say, that if Americans had seen the way the republicans treated the 9/11 families, during the time period when they were pushing for, and negotiating for the investigation, the republicans would have been voted out the last time.

Yes, power corrupts, for Dems and Repubs, but this bunch that have the power presently, are by far, without any genuine patriotism, and as Dean says, without conscience.

Love,
Gayle

hondo
10-11-2006, 08:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Drop1:</font><hr> I talked to John Warner a few years back,and was struck with the man's mediocraty. <hr /></blockquote>

Oh, okay. Well, I'll completely disregard Gayle's
post then. Thanks, Harry, for setting us staight.
After re-reading Gayle's post I'm not sure what anybody's
point is. Disregard this post, Harry.

Gayle in MD
10-16-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi Hondo,
Looks like both former Secretary Of State Baker, and Republican Hagle, are joioning Warner in breaking the Republican silence/cover-up, on the slaughter of our troops in Iraq.

I predict, Rumsfled will resign, soon after the election, as Republicans try to come up with new Rebonics for doing exactly what Democrats have been calling for months.

While Bu$h is said too be assuring Iraqi Malikki, that we will stay the course, he is saying something quite different here. He is, for the first time, talking about changing course. Cut and Run? I'm sure new semantics will be required.

What this really comes down to is that the Generals, along with Warner, Hagle, and Baker, are no longer to stand by while the Bu$h/rummy/rice/cheney incompetence and cover up allows the slaughter of our troops, BUT... it'll all have to wait will after the election, of course, hence hundreds more will be slaughtered.

Woodward's book, State Of Denial, the NSE, and also Hubris and Fiasco have played a huge role in breaking through the White House/Pentagon bunker mentality, IMO.

Sooner or later, the truth has a way of breaking through. Unfortunately, too late for many troops. Thank goodness we have not yet suffered the loss of free press in our country, although, I'm sure the White House was working on that, too.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061015/ap_on_go_co/us_iraq;_ylt=Am6NUXlZVOaboDMY6C2yxyuyFz4D;_ylu=X3o DMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

Gayle in Md.

hondo
10-16-2006, 08:42 AM
Gayle, reminds me of when Nixon said if we re-elected
him he would end the war in Nam. How many died waiting
for that Dick to be re-elected?

Gayle in MD
10-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Exactly...
I heard Andrea Mitchell say that Little Laura is furious with Andrew Card for telling the truth to Woodward. Of course, she and Bu$h are furious with Woodward, too.

Tony Snow is a joke! He gets up there and refutes things that Woodward didn't even say. Since their base has such a short attention span, on all things except BC's BJ, Snow doesn't have to use any actual facts to refute, lol.

Bu$h, I predict, will now try to say that people didn't tell him the truth about how bad things have been in Iraq. I guess, he doesn't think to ask! Same tactics of the 9/11 commission, don't ask the important questions, that might throw a bad light on the administration.

Lies and Denial, were this administration's only strategy throughout!

Gayle in Md.