PDA

View Full Version : Corr vs The Tornado Comments

Sid_Vicious
07-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Vivian seemed to be overly and non deservingly high on her game from what I saw and heard tonight. Out of line, rolling long, whacking at banks and sending whitie cross side to scratch, and latter jumping in excitement when pure luck helped her more than once. What did Karen do? She caught some of that ill performance at some really bad times, easily could have let a strong comeback player in for the kill. In my opinion this match was sub par, but it was the final match so nerves on both parts I guess. Dang lot of mistakes for a match up like that(IMMHO) sid

9 Ball Girl
07-15-2002, 09:34 PM
Yeah Vivian missed a couple. Oh well, she's only human. My one gripe, though, was when she cut the 2 ball down the long rail, missed it, and then looked at someone in the stands and said something like, "Did you have to wave?" something to that effect anyway. She must've caught the person waving from the corner of her right eye?

Anyway, I thought that was weird because as I stated in a previous post, I believe that the pros can tune out to whatever's around them and zone in to their shot. JMO

JohnnyP
07-15-2002, 10:06 PM
Vivian's my favorite lady player. I think what I like about her is that she's uninhibited. I know she goes for more shots than she probably should, but I that's why I like her.

If you're out there, Viv, take just one more practice stroke before pulling the trigger.

stickman
07-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Vivian looked to have a case of the nerves to me, but I could be wrong. I'm sure that winning the final of a major tournament requires that you are pretty much zoned into your game, and are unaware of anything else. If she was distacted by someone in the crowd, I would think she wasn't totally focused. This is obviously a difficult state to get into. I've watched Allison and Karen play when both of them have missed shots that were apparently a case of nerves. They both have enough big wins so that you would think it would be fairly routine to them. I like watching Vivian play, she is entertaining.

Rod
07-16-2002, 12:47 AM
I felt about the same Sid. I didn't get to watch all of the match, but both players did struggle. That can happen sometimes though. The public seems to think that pros are immune to this type of play, which isn't the case. When Vivian made the comment to the spectator, who were you waving at? or someting like that, I felt it could have been justified. Sometimes spectators don't realize what they are doing, for any number of reasons. Then again they seem to promote an excited audience, so whom is to blame?
If it was a golf game, they hold up quiet signs when a player is about to tee off. I've seen many examples of pros and comments to the spectator, including #1 T woods.

I noticed again the mispronounced name of a player. It was Angel Paglia. Angel plays in tournaments where I practice sometimes. I've know her and her Dad Rick for years. Mitch kept saying Pal-ya and it is Pag-lee-ah.

cheesemouse
07-16-2002, 05:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: JohnnyP:</font><hr> Vivian's my favorite lady player. I think what I like about her is that she's uninhibited. I know she goes for more shots than she probably should, but I that's why I like her.

If you're out there, Viv, take just one more practice stroke before pulling the trigger. <hr></blockquote>

I also like her uninhibited style but this time out I think it was more a defense mechanism than her natural style of play. When she made the self flagulating comment "I'm just trying to go down fighting" or words to that effect she was toast.
She is a refreshing change of pace for the TV matches and I wish she could have pulled it out. On the fashion side: where those her brothers slacks???????? LOL /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rich R.
07-16-2002, 08:08 AM
I also love to watch Vivian play. In this match, she seemed very nervous. I think she was tryig harder not to lose, rather than trying to win. JMHO.
Rich R.

07-16-2002, 09:16 AM
Oh don't get me wrong, I find her style far more inviting to sit and watch than the european players. That, to me is one negative of the current reign of ex-snooker players in the US 9-ball ranks, it gets dull. Vivian it pure fun, what can I say...sid

07-16-2002, 08:03 PM
The story is that VV was doing alot of "in your face" trash talking on Saturday night - after defeating both AF and KC in the winner's bracket. Not a very wise move and certainly not very classy or respectful - but nothing unusual for anyone that knows VV's history. As one might expect, the pool gods got their payback/revenge in the final match. Do you think she'll learn a lesson for next time - I doubt it! - Chris in NC