PDA

View Full Version : Cont. - An Idea For The US Open/CCB 2007...

Harold Acosta
10-15-2006, 07:46 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> I have an idea for next year if anyone is interested...

How bout we sponsor a Pro player in the Open. We take a collection to pay his entry and possibly hotel if we raise enough funds.

All we would ask in return is that he join us for the CCB dinner as guest of honor and play in the CCB tourney on Sat. Of course, this depends on match times and if he is still in the event.

Something like this was done on AZB and worked well. I was thinking this might be a way for a known Pro player to network with some fans, benefit from sponsorship and everyone gets a good experience from the Open.

Whadda ya think?

Eric &gt;thought about ARJ <hr /></blockquote>

How about waiting for someone to request sponsorship next year, and then we could decide. I remember Rob Saez doing that last year, and John Schmidt this year.

One requirement would be to use the CCB logo on their shirt. Maybe a removable CCB patch. Anyone with access to an embroidery store?

Next year, John Schmidt could be invited to the CCB tourny on Saturday, along with Tony Robles who made it this year, (with a nice written invitation card) and maybe we could start something with the Pro Players attending our very own tourney...

Just a suggestion....

robodog66
10-17-2006, 09:07 AM
I've got a silly question. What is the CCB? That's all, just curious I suppose. Sounds like fun.

Rich R.
10-17-2006, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote robodog66:</font><hr> I've got a silly question. What is the CCB? That's all, just curious I suppose. Sounds like fun. <hr /></blockquote>
If you look at the main index, you will find that this forum is named the Cue Chalk Board. Hence the initials for the name we use, CCB.

If you are not aware, we have been running our own little fun tournament, for the past 5 years, during the U.S. Open. You can find more information about this by searching the forum a little bit.
Hope this helps.

Harold Acosta
10-17-2006, 02:34 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote robodog66:</font><hr> I've got a silly question. What is the CCB? That's all, just curious I suppose. Sounds like fun. <hr /></blockquote>

This is the logo I was talking about. Keychains and pins were made with this logo for the CCB'ers a couple years ago.

http://heater451.home.mindspring.com/images/ccb_keychain02.gif

SPetty
10-18-2006, 10:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How bout we sponsor a Pro player in the Open. We take a collection to pay his entry and possibly hotel if we raise enough funds.<hr /></blockquote>Another option would be to sponsor an amateur player in the Open. Any regular CCBer, um, any male CCBer, would be eligible and some sort of contest or something could be used to choose...